The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #1
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison
Default Broncos get white glove treatment from the media.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ail/index.html

THE BRONCOS GET WHITE-GLOVE TREATMENT FROM THE MEDIA.

From Ed Hatem of Richland, Wash.: "Don't you think the Broncos, as an organization, has gotten an incredible pass from the media considering the bungles of the last two years. Consider the fact that two years ago Jay Cutler struggled through an entire season because the team doctors couldn't figure out the man had diabetes. These are the same doctors and nutritionists who apparently let the team lose a tremendous amount of weight over the course of last season. [Cutler gets traded, then] we have another player who wants out and the coach says it's not going to happen even while the owner is saying he is going to try to help facilitate a trade. Now, I understand it was en vogue to bash Cutler... but isn't Denver's free pass in this about up? Is this organization in disarray and the media is just being polite about it?''

-==-

Polite? Maybe I'm not reading enough, but the Broncos got bashed in at least half of the post-Cutler-trade columns I read, and I've heard plenty of media people who've said the Broncos would be setting a terrible precedent by trading Brandon Marshall. There are several issues here, but the basic one is this: It's fair to argue the Broncos didn't give the Cutler fire a chance to die down before dealing him, and it's more fair (to me, anyway) to argue that the team would be making a huge mistake in agreeing to trade Marshall because of the bad precedent it would set for any dissatisfied players in the future. Overall, I'm not sure you can kill the Broncos now because we don't know how the decisions are going to work out. But I think if Mrshall is dealt and the team goes 3-13, they deserve all the criticism you can muster. - Peter King
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Better than the latex glove treatment, I suppose.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

That guy must not be reading the same articles people are posting on the Mane. Because it seems to me that at least 80 or 90% of the mainstream media articles are absolutely killing the Broncos and McDaniels over this offseason...
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

The one point he brings up that I completely agree with is the one about the training/medical staff on the team. The evidence is anecdotal, but it is strong. In the past few years, there have been eyebrow-raising situations that make me question if we have the right guys there.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
Better than the latex glove treatment, I suppose.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoor_miner View Post
That guy must not be reading the same articles people are posting on the Mane. Because it seems to me that at least 80 or 90% of the mainstream media articles are absolutely killing the Broncos and McDaniels over this offseason...
Should every team each offseason get 50% positive and 50% negative write ups?

Or do the actions of a team generally provide the content for the tone of articles.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #7
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post

Or do the actions of a team generally provide the content for the tone of articles.
Absolutely not. Where did I say that?

The question you posted was about the Broncos receiving "white glove treatment", which (in my opinion) is absurd. The response from the media to this offseason has been overwhelmingly negative. How is that white glove treatment?
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:19 PM   #8
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoor_miner View Post
Absolutely not. Where did I say that?

The question you posted was about the Broncos receiving "white glove treatment", which (in my opinion) is absurd. The response from the media to this offseason has been overwhelmingly negative. How is that white glove treatment?

Give it up zacky is fishing for attention with this one.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #9
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post

Nah...only teams that go 6-26 and lose more games than the Detroit Lions over the last two seasons.

just sayin'
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote