The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
BabyTO
Perennial Pro-bowler

^ Winner

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Timmy
Default Cutler praises Marshall: "Can be one of the greatest ever"

WILLIAMSBURG - Jay Cutler's recent addition to the Chicago Bears' roster appears to have ended almost a decade of musical chairs at quarterback in the Windy City. But a receiving corps rated average at best begs the question of who will be on the other end of Cutler's passes.

An enticing solution could be wide receiver Brandon Marshall, Cutler's former teammate in Denver. The two connected for more than 100 completions with the Broncos each of the past two seasons.

Like Cutler — traded by the Broncos to the Bears in April — Marshall wants Denver to trade him. The prospect that the Bears, who reportedly might be interested in Marshall, could bring the two Pro Bowlers back together seems to appeal to Cutler.

"I talked to 'B' a few days ago," Cutler said during an appearance Monday at William and Mary's Colonial All-Pro Football Camp. "Just checking in on him and seeing how he's doing, because I went through a similar thing that he's going through.

"I played with Brandon for three years and I think he's one of the best receivers in the NFL. I think he can be one of the greatest ever to play.

"He's big and fast, and can do everything you want him to do, on the field and in the meeting room. I don't know what we're going to do. That's up to the guys upstairs. If we make a run at him, we make a run at him."

If not, Cutler — who threw for 4,526 yards in Denver last season — sounds confident that Devin Hester can fit the bill as the Bears' top pass catcher. A converted defensive back who made a splash as one of the most exciting kick returners of recent years, Hester caught 25 passes for 347 yards in the final six games last season.

"I've watched every game from last year and seen him in action quite a bit," Cutler said. "It's a tough transition from (defensive back) to receiver. He's still learning, but overall I can't be happier with how we're working together and his progression.

"I think he's definitely a legitimate No. 1 receiver in the NFL."

Cutler, a fourth-year quarterback from Vanderbilt, moved from Denver to Chicago after a tumultuous series of events. The Broncos fired 14-year coach Mike Shanahan following last season's 8-8 finish.

When Cutler learned that new head coach Josh McDaniels — the former offensive coordinator in New England — was attempting to bring Patriots quarterback Matt Cassell to Denver, Cutler demanded a trade. Cutler says he would now handle the matter differently in some ways, but expresses no regrets about landing in Chicago.

"It's very rare for a player to want to get traded and it work out the way it did work out," said Cutler, who was traded for two first-round draft picks, a fifth-round draft pick and Chicago QB Kyle Orton. "It's kind of a victory for the players, but I think Denver felt they got a pretty good deal, too.

"It worked out for both of us in the long run. I think they're happy with the situation and I couldn't be happier being in Chicago."

The Washington Redskins also made a run at Cutler. Cutler empathizes with how Redskins' quarterback Jason Campbell must have felt as the team sought his replacement.

"It's tough," Cutler said. "It happened to me. He's handled it great. He's said very few things, kind of handled it internally within the organization and kept it in the building."

"He's just got to keep doing what he's doing — work hard and run the offense."

The Bears' acquisition of Cutler makes them the favorite of some to win the NFC North. He welcomes the high expectations.

"Defensively they're solid and special teams they're solid," he said. "We've just got to put up some points.

"I think we've got the weapons to do that. The offensive line is great. We got (All-Pro offensive left tackle) Orlando Pace (formerly of St. Louis) in there as well."

Cutler has some time to wait before the start of camp in late July. He spent some of it Monday tutoring future stars at William and Mary.

"It's well put together," he said of the camp. "They're letting the little kids go out there and just have fun, and teaching them the basics.

"You can get a little more specific with the older kids, helping them out and teaching them some tricks."

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-...,7158492.story
BabyTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I think this was posted last week.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The Washington Redskins also made a run at Cutler. Cutler empathizes with how Redskins' quarterback Jason Campbell must have felt as the team sought his replacement.

"It's tough," Cutler said. "It happened to me. He's handled it great. He's said very few things, kind of handled it internally within the organization and kept it in the building."

really cutler, you whiny p***Y? campbell has "got to..work hard and run the offense" while you get to b**** and moan on national TV about being upset? talk about ego, how good do you think you are?
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:17 PM   #4
BabyTO
Perennial Pro-bowler

^ Winner

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Timmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
I think this was posted last week.
Hm did you read the article?

By Marty O'Brien

June 23, 2009

Quote:
"I talked to 'B' a few days ago," Cutler said during an appearance Monday at William and Mary's Colonial All-Pro Football Camp.
He made some similar comments (Hester is a no.1 WR yadda yadda) last week but this is a new interview (today).
Old 06-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Jay is right of course .... B gets his head on straight and the sky's the limit.

I'm drunk, can you tell?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:20 PM   #6
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTO View Post
Hm did you read the article?

By Marty O'Brien

June 23, 2009

He made some similar comments (Hester is a no.1 WR yadda yadda) last week but this is a new interview (today).
My bad, thought this was the post.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=81378
Old 06-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #7
BabyTO
Perennial Pro-bowler

^ Winner

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Timmy

No problem when i read this i also had to double check it because of some of the comments he made (again).
Old 06-22-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
No problem when i read this i also had to double check it because of some of the comments he made (again).
Yeah, I didn't bother to check the date, my fault
Old 06-22-2009, 07:07 PM   #9
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Jay's a douchebag.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:07 PM   #10
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

i find it odd that he understands that, seeing as he handled his own situation like a 4 year old with hurt feelings. crying to the media, getting his agent to complain for him and eventually giving the silent treatment until he got his way.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I doubt he really praised Marshall at all. I bet he said something along the lines of Marshall? Marshall who? Oh you mean that dumb ass that beats up chicks and eats babies I use to throw the ball to in the **** hole of a city I used to play for last year. That guy was only good because of me and my golden rocket arm that is stronger then Elways and Farves put together. Then he grabbed a bottle of vodka and chugged that and punched the interviewer in the face and said **** you I'm out.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #12
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

Cutler on Marshall...

Big, Fast, Strong, can do anything you want. Can be the
greatest to ever play.

Cutler on Hester...

Well he's a converted DB who is still learning, but yeah he can
be a legitimate #1.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:40 PM   #13
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casson View Post
Cutler on Marshall...

greatest to ever play.

Cutler on Hester...

be a legitimate #1.
Sounds right for a guy that does nothing but toss his team mates under busses.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:51 PM   #14
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Sounds right for a guy that does nothing but toss his team mates under busses.
Wait till the games start and his receivers are dropping his passes or the Oline has him running for his life taking a lot of hits.
GreatBronco16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:54 PM   #15
BabyTO
Perennial Pro-bowler

^ Winner

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Timmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casson View Post
Cutler on Marshall...

greatest to ever play.

Cutler on Hester...

be a legitimate #1.
What is he supposed to say about Hester? He sucks? He's not a starter? Everyone knows he sucks. He can't say that, it's his team mate now.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #16
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

Tampering. That's another 1st rounder. Cough it up, Chicago.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #17
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:

You basically just **** on yourself, Jay.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #18
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
...Cutler, who was traded for two first-round draft picks, a fifth-round draft pick and Chicago QB Kyle Orton...
Why can't anybody get this right? Denver got two 1st round picks, a 3rd round pick, and Orton. Chicago got Cutler and a 5th round pick.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:57 PM   #19
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Who knew these two were so gay for each other?

And Jay...keep it shut, son. Every time you open your mouth, you come off as a bigger douchebag than the time before.

"If we make a run at him"...Does this idiot honestly think Denver would trade Marshall to Chicago to let him play with Cutler? Not a chance in the world.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #20
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Chicago doesn't have any chips to play anymore. This is all media blow. I guess that pretty much ends this story.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:10 PM   #21
Dale Snorts Blow
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Practically 95% of this board were Cutler and Marshall fanboys last December and now both players are with Al Qaeda. WTF!!!

McDickless isn't going to keep me from being a fan of the two. These two actually did great things for the Broncos. This pee wee head coach hasn't done jack **** for the franchise. He hasn't won a game. He doesn't even know what being a Bronco is all about.
Dale Snorts Blow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #22
Dale Snorts Blow
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
Jay's a douchebag.
Back in June of 1984, I wish one particular couple would have used birth control.
Dale Snorts Blow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #23
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Snorts Blow View Post
Practically 95% of this board were Cutler and Marshall fanboys last December and now both players are with Al Qaeda. WTF!!!

McDickless isn't going to keep me from being a fan of the two. These two actually did great things for the Broncos. This pee wee head coach hasn't done jack **** for the franchise. He hasn't won a game. He doesn't even know what being a Bronco is all about.
hmmm alright. well, ill continue to be a fan of the TEAM, you can be a fan of the bears QB

mcdaniels has never lost a game as broncos coach either.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #24
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

in the last decade, being a Bronco came to be known as being a mediocre team, with a lot of b****ing and moaning, and an aversion to putting in the necessary work and desire to get to a Super Bowl or to be more than average.

McDaniels doesn't know about being mediocre in his career, he knows about being a winner, and being apart of a team favored in almost every single game they play, and being apart of a team that isn't about catering to the guys who think they are above the team, but rather about making the team the most important thing to each individual.

I'll gladly take some Patriots style mentallity in Denver, if it gets us past being annually mediocre, and in a continual state of saying, "wait til next season, or next season we are going to be good, we are going to turn the corner" only to end up the same as we were the year before regardless of the overpriced FA signings, or bad decisions by GM Mike Shanahan.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #25
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
What team? There's been so much change, how can anybody relate to anybody on the Broncos? The Broncos team store employees told me on the phone that we don't even know who our marquee player is anymore.

The one constant with this franchise now is Pat Bowlen and Joe Ellis. Lets pay for Broncos merchandise and tickets because he love the ownership and the executives. They are so cool!!! I can't wait for Upper Deck to start printing NFL executive cards.
what team? the ****ing broncos, d-bag. after the defensive season we had last year, we have basically an entirely new D and special teams, youre gonna complain about that?. the offense is almost unchanged, except for RB and QB.