The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default Broncos ranked on NFL Network

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...Denver-Broncos
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

not gonna bother watching it, these shows piss me off so much when they do anything other than news. they have absolutely zero idea of how the season wll turn out, they routinely picked the falcons to be awful last year and look how that turned out. this ranking stuff is so redundant and stupid.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:01 AM   #3
bronco_boi_5280
Solid Starter

The Birdman Flies

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Andersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
not gonna bother watching it, these shows piss me off so much when they do anything other than news. they have absolutely zero idea of how the season wll turn out, they routinely picked the falcons to be awful last year and look how that turned out. this ranking stuff is so redundant and stupid.
Then why even bother posting here at all?

Discussing, projecting, etc, is fun.

And BTW, nobody gets it right 100% of the time.
bronco_boi_5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:06 AM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco_boi_5280 View Post

i post here mainly for news, so i know whats going on, and because i dont have **** else to do this summer. and to call out haters.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #5
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

The vid is more about how they think the Broncos will do than the rank.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
wow we completely agree ........ I knew it would happen .......
but yeah , specially after I saw that piece about Orton and Cutler .. I mean bat spit , AChe-man , Dan NoRingo , wasnt good Roll out QB's either ....... but the roll out has more to do with the run game then passing game ........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:20 AM   #7
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco_boi_5280 View Post

why ? Because he is right about this ( damn that sucked to say ) .........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #8
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

It's a 9 minute vid and I'm impressed with Solomon Wilcox. He really does break down the team and this is perhaps the most indepth team analysis I've seen so far for this 32 team segment

Wilcox was one of the few analysts that was complimentary of the Broncos training camp last year. Why others basically igored or overlooked the Broncos, Wilcox saw a lot of good things on that team.

I respect his analysis. For all the bashing he does about the Broncos losing Cutler he respects the fact that Nolan is in house and that McDaniels has a plan for the defense.

In the end Wilcox says he'd be suprised if the Broncos win 8 games, but still, that's just about as good as many were picking the Broncos this time last year.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #9
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
It's a 9 minute vid and I'm impressed with Solomon Wilcox.
All Colorado Buffaloes are impressive ...
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #10
Anaximines
Anaximines

Anaximines

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
he respects the fact that Nolan is in house
Nolan in da house!

Thanks for the good review.
Anaximines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #11
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
It's a 9 minute vid and I'm impressed with Solomon Wilcox.
Just FYI, it's Wilcots.

He was one of my neighbors in Brackett Hall (dorm) at CU back in the day. A good guy.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #12
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoLifer View Post
Just FYI, it's Wilcots.

He was one of my neighbors in Brackett Hall (dorm) at CU back in the day. A good guy.
Yah, it's a little funky in spelling, thanks for the heads-up. I think he's NFLNs best analyst. He's certainly consistent in his opinions, he stands by his opinions and has solid reasoning behind them.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:21 AM   #13
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
It's a 9 minute vid and I'm impressed with Solomon Wilcox. He really does break down the team and this is perhaps the most indepth team analysis I've seen so far for this 32 team segment

Wilcox was one of the few analysts that was complimentary of the Broncos training camp last year. Why others basically igored or overlooked the Broncos, Wilcox saw a lot of good things on that team.

I respect his analysis. For all the bashing he does about the Broncos losing Cutler he respects the fact that Nolan is in house and that McDaniels has a plan for the defense.

In the end Wilcox says he'd be suprised if the Broncos win 8 games, but still, that's just about as good as many were picking the Broncos this time last year.
We can go 3-0 in the 1st Three games after that we have to pull a rabbit out our ass.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #14
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
We can go 3-0 in the 1st Three games after that we have to pull a rabbit out our ass.
I see us losing the first game, the next two are winnable.

If anything, I just hope we beat Oakland.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #15
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
I see us losing the first game, the next two are winnable.

If anything, I just hope we beat Oakland.
Yea i have that same feeling...That game could come down to the wire,I see us winning or losing by a FG.Put it like this if we go 2-2 in the first 4 weeks will end up 7-9 if we go 4-0 will end up 9-7 or 10-6.

Man i hope the Defense has top 10 potential...
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:04 PM   #16
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

I'm convinced that many people in the Broncos organization has slept with, and left messy, with Sodomize Wilcott's wife.

That scab hates us for some reason.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:14 PM   #17
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

"Kyle Orton... he's a shorter guy..."

Kyle Orton | #8 | QB. Denver Broncos | Official Team Site. Height: 6-4

Yea, good analysis.

"Don't pay attention to wins."

More good analysis.

"Teams win games."

Really? So, any chance that the guy who engineered the best offense in the NFL might be able to use one of the best lines in football to create a "team" for Orton to be successful?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #18
Seamus
Rust Contributor

Always something changing

So the comments say Bronco's have change, just going in the wrong direction with personnel. Yea who would have thought that Orton wasn't a direct replacement for Cutler?

Back to not having a franchise QB, again. Will the running game work? Will the defense work?

As a Denver fan from the early 80's, this is typical of the last several mediocre years.
Seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #19
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Quote:

So he was wrong then last year because they sucked.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:27 PM   #20
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
So he was wrong then last year because they sucked.
I guess he couldn't forsee all the injuries.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:30 PM   #21
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Total conjecture as the Broncos are probably the team most in transition this season with a new HC, new assistants, new QB, RB, new Defense and most likely different starters across the whole front 7.

No-one has seen our guys play together yet in a game so it's all mute IMO. You can analyse talent to the hilt but how a team plays as a unit is far more important IMO, that's how we'll win or lose games.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #22
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

The Chiefs Suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

Wilcox is terrible! He's a big Shanahan guy and like some of the people on this board, haven't gotten over him yet. There were huge holes in his hating "analysis"
  1. Team morale has taken a huge hit. This is a straight lie. I do know some people through a variety of connections and the team is less upset about this than you think. Some have publicly acknowledged this is small stuff compared to places they came from. His comment that the team is missing Shanahan is off too. More than half the team wasn't even here last season and was brought in by McDaniels so they know who signed off on their paycheck and the entire defense likes things the way they are now. Basically this morale taking a huge hit is a bunch of crap.
  2. Kyle Orton doesn't fit the system because he's not big enough. Orton fits he profile of this offense fine. He's a pocket passer that has the ability to slide around against pressure and steps into the rush to deliver his throw. He also makes calls at the line. And at 6'4" 217, This idea that he's "too small" is pathetic. It's like Wilcox didn't even bother looking Orton up and just assumed he's Drew Brees because they both played at Purdue.
  3. They are the only team that hasn't improved. He actually said that of all the teams in the NFL, we're the only one that is not any better. This is just pure hating. Firing Slowik made the team instantly better and any free agent on safety other than who we had made the team instantly better.

Wilcox was a big Shanahan/Cutler guy and now all he does when the Broncos come up in discussions is rant about how horrible we are. These analysts are giving themselves a lot of rope to hang themselves with. I'm going to start saving all the comments people say about how horrible we are going to be in a word file and then repost them in this forum at the end of the year so we see how many geniuses are out there and how many were really just morons succumbing to Groupthink.

Last edited by Kaylore; 06-21-2009 at 01:35 PM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #23
Raidersbane
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Wilcox was a big Shanahan/Cutler guy and now all he does when the Broncos come up in discussions is rant about how horrible we are. These analysts are giving themselves a lot of rope to hang themselves with. I'm going to start saving all the comments people say about how horrible we are going to be in a word file and then repost them in this forum at the end of the year so we see how many geniuses are out there and how many were really just morons succumbing to Groupthink

Well personally I have to admit I have no idea how we are going to do. We have been so blessed over the many years to have such competative teams season after season. I have to go back to the early 70's for a time when I felt so unsure of how this club is going to perform. The one thing I can say I'm certain of is it's going to be interesting and perhaps a tad painful. I'm going to withhold my judgement of the people in charge until I see what sort of product they put on the field this year and next. Go Broncos!
Raidersbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #24
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Wilcox is terrible! He's a big Shanahan guy and like some of the people on this board, haven't gotten over him yet. There were huge holes in his hating "analysis"
  1. Team morale has taken a huge hit. This is a straight lie. I do know some people through a variety of connections and the team is less upset about this than you think. Some have publicly acknowledged this is small stuff compared to places they came from. His comment that the team is missing Shanahan is off too. More than half the team wasn't even here last season and was brought in by McDaniels so they know who signed off on their paycheck and the entire defense likes things the way they are now. Basically this morale taking a huge hit is a bunch of crap.
  2. Kyle Orton doesn't fit the system because he's not big enough. Orton fits he profile of this offense fine. He's a pocket passer that has the ability to slide around against pressure and steps into the rush to deliver his throw. He also makes calls at the line. And at 6'4" 217, This idea that he's "too small" is pathetic. It's like Wilcox didn't even bother looking Orton up and just assumed he's Drew Brees because they both played at Purdue.
  3. They are the only team that hasn't improved. He actually said that of all the teams in the NFL, we're the only one that is not any better. This is just pure hating. Firing Slowik made the team instantly better and any free agent on safety other than who we had made the team instantly better.

Wilcox was a big Shanahan/Cutler guy and now all he does when the Broncos come up in discussions is rant about how horrible we are. These analysts are giving themselves a lot of rope to hang themselves with. I'm going to start saving all the comments people say about how horrible we are going to be in a word file and then repost them in this forum at the end of the year so we see how many geniuses are out there and how many were really just morons succumbing to Groupthink.
I agree with most of this, except one part... Khan, we haven't improved, not a bit. Not on paper anyway.

We're definitely not "the only team" that hasn't improved, but he must have been talking about our division, not the whole league. That would be silly.

I suppose Knowshon is a big plus, but Ayers is a pretty questionable one-year wonder, we can't really rely on him for all that much yet. Besides, every team has a first round draft pick, so you really can't point to that guy to say we've "improved."

And the fact is, whether you wanna believe it or not, losing a Pro Bowl QB is a huge blow, a major step backward for any team. Saying otherwise is a tad delusional. Actually, the biggest improvement anywhere in the organization is Nolan for Slowick. We agree there .... but that's the only real demonstrable improvement in my opinion.

Now, I'm perfectly willing to say we're laying some serious groundwork for a solid team in the future, but we're not "improved" yet.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #25
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

The Chiefs Suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
I agree with most of this, except one part... Khan, we haven't improved, not a bit. Not on paper anyway.
Quote:
Actually, the biggest improvement anywhere in the organization is Nolan for Slowick. We agree there .... but that's the only real demonstrable improvement in my opinion.
Aside from the fact that you just contradicted yourself, our safeties are better, our linebackers are (marginally) better, our corners are better, our running backs are better, and our coaches are better. This is a fact. And this is without factoring the rookies, which are wild cards right now. So saying that we aren't better in any way is a complete and total bunch of crap for a sports take. Period. Yes, we're worse at QB, but people around here seem to believe that Cutler blocked for himself and also threw passes to clones of himself. The offense might take a step back in yardage, but I definitely think we'll improve from below average in scoring which is what we were last year. And the defense will be better too. Special teams...well it can't get worse. So no, you're wrong and so is Wilcox.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote