The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Hai Gaiz

Been reading the mane since last season, figured I'd join the madness.

Signed,

Edit: Have been a Broncos fan since I could walk/talk, not just another Orton fan. No offense to BearMan.

Last edited by Baba Booey; 06-20-2009 at 12:44 PM..
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

What a hangover, this sucks.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
Baba Booey

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
What a hangover, this sucks.
Bless you.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Kyle Orton is really our QB McD better pull a rabbit out his ass on this one.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your a-hole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
Baba Booey

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Do you like Huey Lewis and the news?

They're ok.

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

Is that a raincoat?

Yes it is! In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:00 PM   #7
BearMan18
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your a-hole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.
No mention of two hearts, OR "Billy... billy don't you lose my numbah! Cause you're not anywhere.... that I can't find youuuuuuuuu... Oh, now Billy! Billy don't ya lose my numbah!"
BearMan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #8
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

It's hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks, but "The Greatest Love of All" is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation, dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it's not too late to better ourselves. Since, Elizabeth, it's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It's an important message, crucial really. And it's beautifully stated on the album.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #9
Baba Booey

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:15 PM   #10
Baba Booey

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ0nE1u7cv4
Old 06-20-2009, 01:19 PM   #11
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

The b**** is Back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Why are you quoting American Psycho? I am confused.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #12
Baba Booey

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Independent View Post
Why are you quoting American Psycho? I am confused.
Impulse?
Old 06-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #13
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

The b**** is Back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

it's all good, just wondered. I like that movie...my friend says I need to read the book, it's better
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:29 PM   #14
Baba Booey

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
it's all good, just wondered. I like that movie...my friend says I need to read the book, it's better
Great flick. Didn't know there was a book. I'll have to check that out .
Old 06-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #15
BearMan18
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckbeard View Post
Great flick. Didn't know there was a book. I'll have to check that out .
Yeah. I just heard the same **** about Jurassic Park... wtf?

Can't these writers come up with their own ideas without ripping off Hollywood's creativity?
BearMan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:15 PM   #16
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler

Todd Snider Rules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler

Why do I hear dueling banjos?
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #17
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Good heavens ... and here I though Jay was funny-looking.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:20 PM   #18
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Miscellaneous post in useless thread to check out my new av.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #19
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Miscellaneous post in useless thread to check out my new av.
pretty good ...
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #20
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
The book was really good, definitely better than the movie (which I also liked). The author, Bret Easton Ellis, is a bit twisted. He also wrote Less Than Zero and The Rules of Attraction.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #21
lazarus4444
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Coach McDaniels

That chick in your sig is f'n hot, lovin it. Orton is the man now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
lazarus4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:14 PM   #22
bronco610
OLD FART

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

This place just gets stranger and stranger!!! Oh well !!
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #23
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

American Psycho is a terrible movie. Bad plot, bad acting, bad everything.

The book is a little better, but I really just do not like Easton as an author. I recently tried to read the informers and I got about 75 pgs in and just said eff it, it was terrible.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:50 AM   #24
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
"Rollllllllllllllllll a-nother one...

Just like the other one...

I sure would like a hit...

But yer holdin' on to it..."

Proof positive that the NFL lets players take bong hits on the sideline, if you ask me.
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote