The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,722

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default awesome broncos discussion on sirius..

they talked about how even before the trade happened, cutler and scheffler had been watching tape on the patriots and decided that they do not fit the roles of the new england offense, and were unhappy far before mcdaniels ever discussed trading them. one guy was saying how last years offense may have put a lot more stress on the defense than an offense that mcdaniels would run, and how this year you may see defensive improvement based soley on the offense being more "sound". he differentiated being high powered and being sound, saying last years offense was high powered, but this year will be more balanced, more TOP etc.

they said in the last few years the new england defenses have overachieved based on talent they have on the field in part due to the offense that was being run, and he said that is part belicheck but mcdaniels defenitely had a part in that as well, so we may see improvement based on that alone.

if theres anything else i remember i will post it, but it was a very good discussion on how this year even though we lost the QB, hope certainly is not gone for a good season especially with mike nolan converting to a 3-4 and a more balanced offensive attack.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Solipsism
Posts: 2,896

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?
Default

whose opinion is this? is it talking heads or someone in the know?

interesting nonetheless, thanks for the summary.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 5,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
they talked about how even before the trade happened, cutler and scheffler had been watching tape on the patriots and decided that they do not fit the roles of the new england offense, and were unhappy far before mcdaniels ever discussed trading them.
Certainly haven't heard this before. Who said it and how would they know?
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #4
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,738

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Thanks for the post, interesting stuff.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Money to Burn WOOOO®

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,178

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

I think Bolwen hired that guy to talk about the broncos in a positive way to sell more tickets......

Turefully I think will start winning next year but this year i don't really expect nothing because of the very hard schedule we have.....
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:07 AM   #6
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer
 
Popcorn Sutton's Avatar
 
Don't mess with Popcorn

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Who cares
Posts: 3,766

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme
Default

TSI, Do you know who said that about Cutler and Scheff?
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,722

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

whoever is on sirius radio around 1130am central time...
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:44 AM   #8
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,307
Default

The discussion is good enough to have been done by someone who truly knows about the game and the Broncos. I have no doubt about the authenticity of the desires of Quitler to leave the system. It would not be as much of a deal for Sheffler since the TE does have a role in the NE style of O, and could be expanded in the McD/Broncos version. Sp,e evidence is found on the McD qoutes about th eversatility of Hillis, a role that is different from anything in teh NE O IIRC. What I think Quitler did not understand is that Os change over time and plans adjust to each opponent and the O is designed based on the talent of the players at hand. To be honest, I am glad Quitler is gone. Orton and Simms are apt to be much more suited to the O this year, which will be bolstered by the Oline's talent and experience, and a stable of RBs.

I am one that also believes the Broncos will have a much better season than many here believe. They may well surprise the h3ll out of some people.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #9
MileHighMagic
Ho-Slayer
 
MileHighMagic's Avatar
 
SAUCED

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,454

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dave Logan
Default

I'm pretty cheesed off that the sirius iPhone app doesn't come with the NFL channel.
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #10
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighMagic View Post
I'm pretty cheesed off that the sirius iPhone app doesn't come with the NFL channel.
Really?

I can listen to Sirius NFL on my iPod Touch and it should be the same app as the one the iPhone uses.

The thing that sucks is that they started charging a monthly fee for "premium internet radio" a few months back.

BTW, I think the guys who did the Bronco discussion were Vic Carucci & Dan Leberfeld. Not a fan of either one of them for whatever it's worth.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #11
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,562

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Is this available somewhere online? Also, is this going to be a regular thing?

Thanks for posting.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #12
BearMan18
Solid Starter
 
BearMan18's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 236
Default

That's awesome!

They had Jay Cutler and Tony Scheffler on their Saturday bad programming, and managed to get them to tell that story?!

That's should be making headline news!

Go Orton!
BearMan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #13
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Solipsism
Posts: 2,896

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
The discussion is good enough to have been done by someone who truly knows about the game and the Broncos. I have no doubt about the authenticity of the desires of Quitler to leave the system. It would not be as much of a deal for Sheffler since the TE does have a role in the NE style of O, and could be expanded in the McD/Broncos version. Sp,e evidence is found on the McD qoutes about th eversatility of Hillis, a role that is different from anything in teh NE O IIRC. What I think Quitler did not understand is that Os change over time and plans adjust to each opponent and the O is designed based on the talent of the players at hand. To be honest, I am glad Quitler is gone. Orton and Simms are apt to be much more suited to the O this year, which will be bolstered by the Oline's talent and experience, and a stable of RBs.

I am one that also believes the Broncos will have a much better season than many here believe. They may well surprise the h3ll out of some people.
I tend to agree with the optimism, here, even if it's based on a hunch as much as observation.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #14
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
HURRY HURRY!

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North of the Wall
Posts: 2,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Glad to see the media is almost exclusively on our side during this particular debacle.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:12 AM   #15
NYBronco
Ring of Famer
 
NYBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,990
Default

[QUOTE=Paladin;2451633]The discussion is good enough to have been done by someone who truly knows about the game and the Broncos. I have no doubt about the authenticity of the desires of Quitler to leave the system. It would not be as much of a deal for Sheffler since the TE does have a role in the NE style of O, and could be expanded in the McD/Broncos version. Sp,e evidence is found on the McD qoutes about th eversatility of Hillis, a role that is different from anything in teh NE O IIRC. What I think Quitler did not understand is that Os change over time and plans adjust to each opponent and the O is designed based on the talent of the players at hand. To be honest, I am glad Quitler is gone. Orton and Simms are apt to be much more suited to the O this year, which will be bolstered by the Oline's talent and experience, and a stable of RBs.

I am one that also believes the Broncos will have a much better season than many here believe. They may well surprise the h3ll out of some people.[/QUOTE]

I happen to agree...
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #16
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Solipsism
Posts: 2,896

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?
Default

Is this what you were listening to?
TODAY ON SIRIUS NFL RADIO CH. 124
Saturday:
11 am ET - Press Coverage w/ Vic Carucci & Dan Leberfeld
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:40 AM   #17
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,190

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMan18 View Post
That's awesome!

They had Jay Cutler and Tony Scheffler on their Saturday bad programming, and managed to get them to tell that story?!

That's should be making headline news!

Go Orton!
No friend of Cutlers every got pics of him drinking, because it was usaully around 2 a.m before gameday...and he was alone
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #18
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 5,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighMagic View Post
I'm pretty cheesed off that the sirius iPhone app doesn't come with the NFL channel.
You should just download pocket tunes. It's 9.99 but you can listen to any streaming radio out there. It's an awesome app.

I'm pretty sure NFL radio is included in on the Sirius app, though. It's just play by play that won't be included.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #19
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,579

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

new depths ....
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #20
MileHighMagic
Ho-Slayer
 
MileHighMagic's Avatar
 
SAUCED

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,454

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dave Logan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
You should just download pocket tunes. It's 9.99 but you can listen to any streaming radio out there. It's an awesome app.

I'm pretty sure NFL radio is included in on the Sirius app, though. It's just play by play that won't be included.
Stern, MLB, and NFL aren't on it.

I will check out pocket tunes. thx!
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #21
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,745

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

in our two superbowl seasons the offense also took as lot of the pressure off the D because out ime of posession was so good. We did have a better D then though. Because we usually were ahead early on it gave Robinson the freedom to blitz a lot because other teams were passing to catch up. Being consistently in that position will help a decent defense a lot.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #22
tnedator
Ring of Famer
 
tnedator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
in our two superbowl seasons the offense also took as lot of the pressure off the D because out ime of posession was so good. We did have a better D then though. Because we usually were ahead early on it gave Robinson the freedom to blitz a lot because other teams were passing to catch up. Being consistently in that position will help a decent defense a lot.
You don't have to go back to the SB years to see the Broncos with great time of possession.

In the '97 and '98 our TOP was 4th (32:33), 6th (32:08)

In 2004 and 2005 it was 2nd (32:38 - Pitt off the charts with 34:00) , 1st (32:40)

However, from 2006-2008 it fell off the charts to 15th (30:24), 22nd (29:35), 25th (28:44)
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #23
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
You don't have to go back to the SB years to see the Broncos with great time of possession.

In the '97 and '98 our TOP was 4th (32:33), 6th (32:08)

In 2004 and 2005 it was 2nd (32:38 - Pitt off the charts with 34:00) , 1st (32:40)

However, from 2006-2008 it fell off the charts to 15th (30:24), 22nd (29:35), 25th (28:44)
Not surprising that our records were lousey in the years we had average to crappy TOP and a good record when we were in the top 10...TO differential plays a lot into that as well. We've been pathetic at creating TO's the last 3 years!!

Also, i hope your right paladin but i'm not going to get my hopes up. 7-9 is my prediction. Won't be shocked if we go something like 5-11/6-10 though!!

Last edited by maher_tyler; 06-20-2009 at 02:48 PM..
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #24
tnedator
Ring of Famer
 
tnedator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Not surprising that our records were lousey in the years we had average to crappy TOP and a good record when we were in the top 10...TO differential plays a lot into that as well. We've been pathetic at creating TO's the last 3 years!!
I think in '05 were were something like +20 in TO diff.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #25
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,875

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
they talked about how even before the trade happened, cutler and scheffler had been watching tape on the patriots and decided that they do not fit the roles of the new england offense, and were unhappy far before mcdaniels ever discussed trading them.
Wow, just wow.

Problem is, Jay said he would report to all mandatory functions. I think he really meant it, though of course we'll never know.

Still hurts, for me anyway.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Denver Broncos