The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default awesome broncos discussion on sirius..

they talked about how even before the trade happened, cutler and scheffler had been watching tape on the patriots and decided that they do not fit the roles of the new england offense, and were unhappy far before mcdaniels ever discussed trading them. one guy was saying how last years offense may have put a lot more stress on the defense than an offense that mcdaniels would run, and how this year you may see defensive improvement based soley on the offense being more "sound". he differentiated being high powered and being sound, saying last years offense was high powered, but this year will be more balanced, more TOP etc.

they said in the last few years the new england defenses have overachieved based on talent they have on the field in part due to the offense that was being run, and he said that is part belicheck but mcdaniels defenitely had a part in that as well, so we may see improvement based on that alone.

if theres anything else i remember i will post it, but it was a very good discussion on how this year even though we lost the QB, hope certainly is not gone for a good season especially with mike nolan converting to a 3-4 and a more balanced offensive attack.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

whose opinion is this? is it talking heads or someone in the know?

interesting nonetheless, thanks for the summary.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
they talked about how even before the trade happened, cutler and scheffler had been watching tape on the patriots and decided that they do not fit the roles of the new england offense, and were unhappy far before mcdaniels ever discussed trading them.
Certainly haven't heard this before. Who said it and how would they know?
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #4
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Thanks for the post, interesting stuff.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

I think Bolwen hired that guy to talk about the broncos in a positive way to sell more tickets......

Turefully I think will start winning next year but this year i don't really expect nothing because of the very hard schedule we have.....
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:07 AM   #6
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

TSI, Do you know who said that about Cutler and Scheff?
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

whoever is on sirius radio around 1130am central time...
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:44 AM   #8
Paladin
Ring of Famer

The discussion is good enough to have been done by someone who truly knows about the game and the Broncos. I have no doubt about the authenticity of the desires of Quitler to leave the system. It would not be as much of a deal for Sheffler since the TE does have a role in the NE style of O, and could be expanded in the McD/Broncos version. Sp,e evidence is found on the McD qoutes about th eversatility of Hillis, a role that is different from anything in teh NE O IIRC. What I think Quitler did not understand is that Os change over time and plans adjust to each opponent and the O is designed based on the talent of the players at hand. To be honest, I am glad Quitler is gone. Orton and Simms are apt to be much more suited to the O this year, which will be bolstered by the Oline's talent and experience, and a stable of RBs.

I am one that also believes the Broncos will have a much better season than many here believe. They may well surprise the h3ll out of some people.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #9
MileHighMagic
Ho-Slayer

SAUCED

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dave Logan

I'm pretty cheesed off that the sirius iPhone app doesn't come with the NFL channel.
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #10
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighMagic View Post
I'm pretty cheesed off that the sirius iPhone app doesn't come with the NFL channel.
Really?

I can listen to Sirius NFL on my iPod Touch and it should be the same app as the one the iPhone uses.

The thing that sucks is that they started charging a monthly fee for "premium internet radio" a few months back.

BTW, I think the guys who did the Bronco discussion were Vic Carucci & Dan Leberfeld. Not a fan of either one of them for whatever it's worth.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #11
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Is this available somewhere online? Also, is this going to be a regular thing?

Thanks for posting.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #12
BearMan18
Solid Starter

That's awesome!

They had Jay Cutler and Tony Scheffler on their Saturday bad programming, and managed to get them to tell that story?!

That's should be making headline news!

Go Orton!
BearMan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #13
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
The discussion is good enough to have been done by someone who truly knows about the game and the Broncos. I have no doubt about the authenticity of the desires of Quitler to leave the system. It would not be as much of a deal for Sheffler since the TE does have a role in the NE style of O, and could be expanded in the McD/Broncos version. Sp,e evidence is found on the McD qoutes about th eversatility of Hillis, a role that is different from anything in teh NE O IIRC. What I think Quitler did not understand is that Os change over time and plans adjust to each opponent and the O is designed based on the talent of the players at hand. To be honest, I am glad Quitler is gone. Orton and Simms are apt to be much more suited to the O this year, which will be bolstered by the Oline's talent and experience, and a stable of RBs.

I am one that also believes the Broncos will have a much better season than many here believe. They may well surprise the h3ll out of some people.
I tend to agree with the optimism, here, even if it's based on a hunch as much as observation.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #14
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Glad to see the media is almost exclusively on our side during this particular debacle.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:12 AM   #15
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

[QUOTE=Paladin;2451633]The discussion is good enough to have been done by someone who truly knows about the game and the Broncos. I have no doubt about the authenticity of the desires of Quitler to leave the system. It would not be as much of a deal for Sheffler since the TE does have a role in the NE style of O, and could be expanded in the McD/Broncos version. Sp,e evidence is found on the McD qoutes about th eversatility of Hillis, a role that is different from anything in teh NE O IIRC. What I think Quitler did not understand is that Os change over time and plans adjust to each opponent and the O is designed based on the talent of the players at hand. To be honest, I am glad Quitler is gone. Orton and Simms are apt to be much more suited to the O this year, which will be bolstered by the Oline's talent and experience, and a stable of RBs.

I am one that also believes the Broncos will have a much better season than many here believe. They may well surprise the h3ll out of some people.[/QUOTE]

I happen to agree...
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #16
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

Is this what you were listening to?
TODAY ON SIRIUS NFL RADIO CH. 124
Saturday:
11 am ET - Press Coverage w/ Vic Carucci & Dan Leberfeld
Old 06-20-2009, 11:40 AM   #17
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMan18 View Post
That's awesome!

They had Jay Cutler and Tony Scheffler on their Saturday bad programming, and managed to get them to tell that story?!

That's should be making headline news!

Go Orton!
No friend of Cutlers every got pics of him drinking, because it was usaully around 2 a.m before gameday...and he was alone
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #18
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighMagic View Post
You should just download pocket tunes. It's 9.99 but you can listen to any streaming radio out there. It's an awesome app.

I'm pretty sure NFL radio is included in on the Sirius app, though. It's just play by play that won't be included.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #19
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

new depths ....
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #20
MileHighMagic
Ho-Slayer

SAUCED

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dave Logan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
You should just download pocket tunes. It's 9.99 but you can listen to any streaming radio out there. It's an awesome app.

I'm pretty sure NFL radio is included in on the Sirius app, though. It's just play by play that won't be included.
Stern, MLB, and NFL aren't on it.

I will check out pocket tunes. thx!
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #21
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

in our two superbowl seasons the offense also took as lot of the pressure off the D because out ime of posession was so good. We did have a better D then though. Because we usually were ahead early on it gave Robinson the freedom to blitz a lot because other teams were passing to catch up. Being consistently in that position will help a decent defense a lot.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #22
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
in our two superbowl seasons the offense also took as lot of the pressure off the D because out ime of posession was so good. We did have a better D then though. Because we usually were ahead early on it gave Robinson the freedom to blitz a lot because other teams were passing to catch up. Being consistently in that position will help a decent defense a lot.
You don't have to go back to the SB years to see the Broncos with great time of possession.

In the '97 and '98 our TOP was 4th (32:33), 6th (32:08)

In 2004 and 2005 it was 2nd (32:38 - Pitt off the charts with 34:00) , 1st (32:40)

However, from 2006-2008 it fell off the charts to 15th (30:24), 22nd (29:35), 25th (28:44)
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #23
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
You don't have to go back to the SB years to see the Broncos with great time of possession.

In the '97 and '98 our TOP was 4th (32:33), 6th (32:08)

In 2004 and 2005 it was 2nd (32:38 - Pitt off the charts with 34:00) , 1st (32:40)

However, from 2006-2008 it fell off the charts to 15th (30:24), 22nd (29:35), 25th (28:44)
Not surprising that our records were lousey in the years we had average to crappy TOP and a good record when we were in the top 10...TO differential plays a lot into that as well. We've been pathetic at creating TO's the last 3 years!!

Also, i hope your right paladin but i'm not going to get my hopes up. 7-9 is my prediction. Won't be shocked if we go something like 5-11/6-10 though!!

Last edited by maher_tyler; 06-20-2009 at 02:48 PM..
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #24
tnedator
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Not surprising that our records were lousey in the years we had average to crappy TOP and a good record when we were in the top 10...TO differential plays a lot into that as well. We've been pathetic at creating TO's the last 3 years!!
I think in '05 were were something like +20 in TO diff.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #25
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
they talked about how even before the trade happened, cutler and scheffler had been watching tape on the patriots and decided that they do not fit the roles of the new england offense, and were unhappy far before mcdaniels ever discussed trading them.
Wow, just wow.

Problem is, Jay said he would report to all mandatory functions. I think he really meant it, though of course we'll never know.

Still hurts, for me anyway.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote