The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #1
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default So How is McDaniels at fault?

So Far I have seen the Rookie coach be blamed for nearly everything that has happened this Off season. But I guess I don't understand how a couple of the events are even at all related to McD.

1) The Goodman's Departure. This was a powerplay between Xanders and Jeff Goodman. A one or the other thing. Bowlen Chose Xanders and as happens when you hire family when you fire the son, the Dad must go. Personally I was disappointed, But the Draft felt the same as the last 3 or so. Good Character if not big names. But I don't see how this was a McD issue in any way.

2) Marshall Wants out. The only issues we have heard from the Marshall side is a)Crappy Medical-and then second Guessing him last season. Pre McD-(Sounds a little like the TD incident) and b)Money Again Pre McD.

So again why is it our new coach is getting painted with broad strokes again?
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

He's Bowlen's puppetmaster, obviously.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #3
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

This isn't going to end well...

BTW, I agree with all your points Rugby.
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:16 AM   #4
Meck77

Fault, blame whatever. It is what it is. Shanny's gone, Cuts gone. What can you do other than put your jersey on and watch the f'in game and hope for the best?
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:18 AM   #5
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Fault, blame whatever. It is what it is. Shanny's gone, Cuts gone. What can you do other than put your jersey on and watch the f'in game and hope for the best?
I think Rugby's point is that you can also blame McD for every single bit of adversity, even if he cannot control those outcomes in any way. We have an anti-McD contingent here that is blatheringly irrational in their criticism of him. I'm with you, Meck. Put on the jersey, pull for my team, and give this team some time to build something.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I have been watching Clips of Orton , out side of speed on the ball Orton Brings as much to the table as Cutler , maybe more cause Orton isnt a freaking basketcase .....As for B marsh , I like the guy , but he gets into too much trouble off the field ........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #7
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
...We have an anti-McD contingent here that is blatheringly irrational in their criticism of him.
Nobody likes change and uncertainty, and some people deal with it better than others. These people clearly don't handle it well. People also like to have someone to blame, and McD is the most convenient person to blame. It may be a tough year for all of us...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
OrangeRising
Seasoned Veteran

Just my opinion, of course, but one of the requirements of a head coach should be activism. If you want someone to stay, if you want the organization to do something, you make it happen.

McDaniels seems to allow anything, no matter how profound, to simply take their course.

'If Brandon wants to be here, Brandon will be here' kind of jibberish.

Make it happen, coach. get involved. Talk to Marshall, talk to his agent. Actively do something about it.

Now, some folks here will simply ask; 'how do you know that isn't happening already?"

It's simple; nothing is getting done, and something would be said or changing if he was doing something about it. McDaniels doesn't want Marshall here just like he didn't want Cutler. If Marshall eventually shows up, he'll use him of course, but if he goes away, it's probably fine with him.

He's a cut off my nose despite my face kinda guy, and it's going to show.

Sorry, it's the truth.
OrangeRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #9
Popps
It's so easy

Thus far, McDaniels has done ONE thing wrong...

He could have been more careful about trying to deal Cutler.

That's it, and even that... we're just sort of going with what info we have. None of us were there.

Other than that, the dude is trying to build a winning Broncos team. We haven't even seen a practice in pads. There's no need to try to "blame" anyone until we see which way things go.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #10
OrangeRising
Seasoned Veteran

So, drafting a non-catching, 5th round TE prospect who was surprised he was even drafted while trading away the entire third round and handing off Denver's first round draft choice and best chance at the next franchise QB for a smallish DB with 'ball skills' were, what; impaired judgement?
Old 06-18-2009, 10:22 AM   #11
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

We could have had Ed Reed
Old 06-18-2009, 10:22 AM   #12
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeRising View Post

Sorry, it's the truth.
Bull****.

He tried over and over, publicly to get Cutler to come in and at least speak with him.

Marshall did it IMMEDIATELY. He went in like a man and at least talked with the organization.

Cutler played baby games with his da-da, and then stayed in Atlanta watching cage fighting instead of working out with his teammates that he proclaimed "loved him so much."

As for Marshall, McDaniels has CLEARLY stated that he hopes he's at camp and that he looks forward to working with him. He's also praised him as a player many times, publicly.

Just how much ass-kissing should a head coach have to go through to pander to every single whim of every single prima donna out there?

McDaniels is building a professional football team, not a book club. GONE are the days of bringing in ****ers like Travis Henry, Mo Clarette... and junk players running off at the mouth about 2000k yard rushing seasons to the media.

He comes from a winning franchise where a group of professionals was assembled to do their jobs. Even Randy Moss bought in completely. He's implementing the same concept in Denver. That's not "cutting off your nose," that's intelligent organization-building.

You want to watch a team where the inmates run the asylum? Go watch the Bengals.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:23 AM   #13
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Ed REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #14
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

McDaniels once sold me a broken Xbox and on the way out he infected my dog with canine herpes

I'm pretty sure he keyed my car too
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #15
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
So, drafting a non-catching, 5th round TE prospect who was surprised he was even drafted while trading away the entire third round and handing off Denver's first round draft choice and best chance at the next franchise QB for a smallish DB with 'ball skills' were, what; impaired judgement?
yes because let's not forget that only the coach has any say in drafting, I am sure nobody scouted him or had a say in it

Jesus people, I am rooting for guys like the TE that was drafted or the smallish DB to ****ing dominate and not just because he is a Bronco but to shut some of you up and maybe, just maybe put a little faith into you that the organization has a plan and he fits into it

I really feel like some of you want this to fail, and that is just sad
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:30 AM   #16
OrangeRising
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Bull****.

He tried over and over, publicly to get Cutler to come in and at least speak with him.

Marshall did it IMMEDIATELY. He went in like a man and at least talked with the organization.

Cutler played baby games with his da-da, and then stayed in Atlanta watching cage fighting instead of working out with his teammates that he proclaimed "loved him so much."

As for Marshall, McDaniels has CLEARLY stated that he hopes he's at camp and that he looks forward to working with him. He's also praised him as a player many times, publicly.

Just how much ass-kissing should a head coach have to go through to pander to every single whim of every single prima donna out there?

McDaniels is building a professional football team, not a book club. GONE are the days of bringing in ****ers like Travis Henry, Mo Clarette... and junk players running off at the mouth about 2000k yard rushing seasons to the media.

He comes from a winning franchise where a group of professionals was assembled to do their jobs. Even Randy Moss bought in completely. He's implementing the same concept in Denver. That's not "cutting off your nose," that's intelligent organization-building.

You want to watch a team where the inmates run the asylum? Go watch the Bengals.

Yeah, wow. He sent Cutler a text message. Oh, Light My Fire baby.

The extent of his attempted contact with Cutler was talking about it in the press.

Let me ask you a question, Popps. I read this on another site and it does raise an interesting question.

Why, if he intended to work with Cutler from the start, did he talk trade with New England for draft picks, not Cutler. Cutlers' name only entered the discussion when other teams became involved.

Was he really going to have a QB competition between Matt Cassel and Jay Cutler?

The obvious answer is no. He never intended to keep Cutler from day one. From DAY ONE.

So, peddle that Cutler crybaby bs somewhere else. It just isn't the truth of the matter. It isn't.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #17
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

2 words .......Ed Reed ........
Old 06-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #18
Meck77

Cutler was ready to leave before McD. Shanny was the first straw. Bates was the second.

Besides I thought all the blame was being tossed on the " gutless drunk"?

Actually how about this. I blame Shanny for Cutler leaving. Had shanny done his job as a coach Cut wouldn't have missed the playoffs his first three years and they both still might be Broncos. And the blame game goes round and round......

Last edited by Meck77; 06-18-2009 at 10:35 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #19
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Yeah, wow. He sent Cutler a text message. Oh, Light My Fire baby.

The extent of his attempted contact with Cutler was talking about it in the press.

Let me ask you a question, Popps. I read this on another site and it does raise an interesting question.

Why, if he intended to work with Cutler from the start, did he talk trade with New England for draft picks, not Cutler. Cutlers' name only entered the discussion when other teams became involved.

Was he really going to have a QB competition between Matt Cassel and Jay Cutler?

The obvious answer is no. He never intended to keep Cutler from day one. From DAY ONE.

So, peddle that Cutler crybaby bs somewhere else. It just isn't the truth of the matter. It isn't.
are we really going to go down this road again....

Did Cutler try 100% to be a Denver Bronco? No

Did McDaniels try 100% to make him a Denver Bronco? No

The only way Cutler was going to come back after he heard his name in trade rumors would have been McDaniels flying to Atlanta, buying him lunch and giving him a reacharound while he ate...

it wasnt going to happen....

There was fault both ways...
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #20
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Just my opinion, of course, but one of the requirements of a head coach should be activism. If you want someone to stay, if you want the organization to do something, you make it happen.

McDaniels seems to allow anything, no matter how profound, to simply take their course.

'If Brandon wants to be here, Brandon will be here' kind of jibberish.

Make it happen, coach. get involved. Talk to Marshall, talk to his agent. Actively do something about it.

Now, some folks here will simply ask; 'how do you know that isn't happening already?"

It's simple; nothing is getting done, and something would be said or changing if he was doing something about it. McDaniels doesn't want Marshall here just like he didn't want Cutler. If Marshall eventually shows up, he'll use him of course, but if he goes away, it's probably fine with him.

Sorry, it's the truth.
Wow this amazing observation looks like it should have it's own thread. Since it totally skips the points I was making.

And our pass blocking tight end was rated as a 3rd to 4th round player. We took him with the last pick in the second.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:37 AM   #21
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Yeah, wow. He sent Cutler a text message. Oh, Light My Fire baby..
You expected flowers? What part of publicly begging Cutler to show up to team headquarters are you not understanding?

Quote:

Was he really going to have a QB competition between Matt Cassel and Jay Cutler?.
Of course not. He would have rather had Cassel. That's part of the business of football. Cutler's job is to deal with it, be a man and prove that he's capable.

OR, Jay could have even taken the high road to facilitate a quicker and more amicable trade scenario.

But, unlike Casey W., who was an absolute pro about his situation, Jay turned into a little b****. Well, he already was one, really.

Quote:
He's a total crybaby.

The guy couldn't even handle Philip Rivers being a better player than he was. There's a reason all of these players try to get in his head.

It's easy. He's a head-case.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:41 AM   #22
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
McDaniels doesn't want Marshall here just like he didn't want Cutler...

...Sorry, it's the truth.
Seriously? Because I think you're completely wrong.

On Cutler, I don't think it's true that "he didn't want" him. I just think he was intrigued by the prospect of Cassel and whetever else he could potentially get in a deal.

And why would you think he doesn't want Marshall? Of course he wants him. He just doesn't want to pay him right now, which I think is the right move.

And on both counts it may have been or may be more Bowlen's wishes than McD's. Bowlen reportedly made the Cutler decsion, and Bowlen is very likely the person making the call on the Marshall contract situation.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:42 AM   #23
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

No one knows the extent to which McD went in contacting Cutler. Given that Cutler wouldn't return Bowlen's phone calls, texting might have been the best way to reach out.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #24
OrangeRising
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post

Of course not. He would have rather had Cassel. That's part of the business of football. Cutler's job is to deal with it, be a man and prove that he's capable.

OR, Jay could have even taken the high road to facilitate a quicker and more amicable trade scenario.

But, unlike Casey W., who was an absolute pro about his situation, Jay turned into a little b****. Well, he already was one, really.

He's a total crybaby.

The guy couldn't even handle Philip Rivers being a better player than he was. There's a reason all of these players try to get in his head.

It's easy. He's a head-case.
Well, there ya go. Kudos to you. You're the first of McDaniels 'boys' to acknowledge that Cutler was on the trading block the minute McDaniels stepped into his office in Denver.

It was the wrong move, and a calculated, fan alienating, back-stabbing, stupid move. Matt Cassel is a journyman, which he should clearly demonstrate this season, so we'll have a discussion about that very soon. Especially considering the fact that this idiot may very possibly still want to somehow, some way get Cassel here.

And, gee wiz, maybe, just maybe Cutler WANTED to stay here. Everyone has speculated about hsi intentions, but he never, ever said he didn't want to be here until this blithering fool completely alientated him duringthat March meeting. You have no clear evidence to the contrary. It's only when this Cassel blunder blew up in McDaniels face that he started dragging out legasy Jerseys; ''he' is my QB, 'the player' is my QB' and tapping out 'please come back' messages on a cell phone.

This individual has the personnel skills of the Mafia, and he handles things pretty much that way.

Oh, and this, go watch another team garbage, 'you're not fan' crap is so shallow. Everyone sees it for what it is; a comeback without an argument.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #25
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Well, there ya go. Kudos to you. You're the first of McDaniels 'boys' to acknowledge that Cutler was on the trading block the minute McDaniels stepped into his office in Denver.

It was the wrong move, and a calculated, fan alienating, back-stabbing, stupid move. Matt Cassel is a journyman, which he should clearly demonstrate this season, so we'll have a discussion about that very soon. Especially considering the fact that this idiot may very possibly still want to somehow, some way get Cassel here.

And, gee wiz, maybe, just maybe Cutler WANTED to stay here. Everyone has speculated about hsi intentions, but he never, ever said he didn't want to be here until this blithering fool completely alientated him duringthat March meeting. You have no clear evidence to the contrary. It's only when this Cassel blunder blew up in McDaniels face that he started dragging out legasy Jerseys; ''he' is my QB, 'the player' is my QB' and tapping out 'please come back' messages on a cell phone.

This individual has the personnel skills of the Mafia, and he handles things pretty much that way.

Oh, and this, go watch another team garbage, 'you're not fan' crap is so shallow. Everyone sees it for what it is; a comeback without an argument.

Drama Queens, they're everywhere.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote