The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 07:17 AM   #1
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default Brandon Marshall's "Injury Prone" Career

I keep seeing this repeated everywhere in here...it's amazing to me how little people pay attention to what actually happens...continuous references to Marshall being injury prone. So let's set the record straight once for all;

Marshall has missed ZERO NFL starts due to injury and ONE GAME before he became a starter in his rookie year. He's proven one of the most durable receivers in the league the last three years, even while being one of the most physical.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2009, 07:20 AM   #2
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

His injury to his MCL his rookie year kept him off the field because he missed the second half of training camp and it took him several games to get up to speed and even see the field again. He probably would have been the number 2 receiver were it not so.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:31 AM   #3
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I don't know who would really call Brandon "injury prone."

He has been dinged up like any physical player (offense or defense) in the league.

However, his injuries may have hampered his development during TCs. I always wondered who "messed up" so many routes when he and Cutler would give each other "the look." You could tell they were occasionally on the wrong page, and I could never tell if it was Marshall or Cutler.

The knock on Brandon shouldn't be injury.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:02 AM   #4
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I don't know who would really call Brandon "injury prone."

He has been dinged up like any physical player (offense or defense) in the league.

However, his injuries may have hampered his development during TCs. I always wondered who "messed up" so many routes when he and Cutler would give each other "the look." You could tell they were occasionally on the wrong page, and I could never tell if it was Marshall or Cutler.

The knock on Brandon shouldn't be injury.

It should be what's going on between his ears.
BM is no Einstein, which is another reason he should be in camp....new system, terminology etc.
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:06 AM   #5
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

who has been saying he's injury prone?

his girlfriends are injury prone.....
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #6
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I keep seeing this repeated everywhere in here...it's amazing to me how little people pay attention to what actually happens...continuous references to Marshall being injury prone. So let's set the record straight once for all;

Marshall has missed ZERO NFL starts due to injury and ONE GAME before he became a starter in his rookie year. He's proven one of the most durable receivers in the league the last three years, even while being one of the most physical.
Nobody has been saying that he's injury prone. They've been saying that he has an injury concern, as in, he's currently injured and may not be able to return to 100% in the near future. Not sure if that's even a concern since I have no idea how truly serious his injury was, but hips have been known to end careers.

Edit: I did just see a person say that he had an extensive injury history, so someone did say it, but that one person didn't warrant a whole thread about it.
I also think that the numbness that he said he still has in his hand might have been something people were refering to, especially in regards to all of his drops and fumbles last year.

I think he deserves a new contract, but there is no way that he's going to get payed what he wants without proving that he can come back from his hip injury.

Last edited by misturanderson; 06-16-2009 at 09:14 AM..
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:21 AM   #7
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Just a different reason for people to be pissed about the situation
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by misturanderson View Post
Nobody has been saying that he's injury prone. They've been saying that he has an injury concern, as in, he's currently injured and may not be able to return to 100% in the near future.
Exactly right, and I'm not sure I understand why footy and many others are being so obtuse on this whole thing and twisting themselves up into pretzels. The injuries and the legal issues are concerns and risks that need to be resolved before a new contract is done. Very simple. footy is usually a little smarter than this.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #9
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post

ZING!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #10
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

why is it that all the mcd haters congregate together on the same issues all the time, and they are typically the opposite of how the FO feels, every single time?
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #11
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
why is it that all the mcd haters congregate together on the same issues all the time, and they are typically the opposite of how the FO feels, every single time?
They are drama queens who not only act like they have insider information and know what is best, but can also read minds and are experts at interpreting body language.

All without the benefit of any NFL experience, let alone success.
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #12
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

He's not injury prone unless there is a McDonald's wrapper around.
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:12 PM   #13
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often

Quote:

THat is funny. He has only caught 225 passes the last two years!!
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #14
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I wonder if anyone has stopped and asked themselves why he doesn't want to be in Denver anymore.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #15
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I wonder if anyone has stopped and asked themselves why he doesn't want to be in Denver anymore.
I have strange feeling that McDaniels doesn't understand what it means to manage the Generation Y workforce and rest of FO is to old to understand the generation difference.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #16
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post

Holy ****! Did you really say that?
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #17
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I have strange feeling that McDaniels doesn't understand what it means to manage the Generation Y workforce and rest of FO is to old to understand the generation difference.
Now THERE'S a brilliant theory! Does everyone see this? This must be it! The young coach can't manage a Gen Y "workforce", and the too old FO can't either! So you have to be medium age to deal with Gen Y. That's the takeaway here. (sorry, sid, just giving you a hard time...)
Old 06-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #18
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

I think it's Brandon's girlfriends that are injury prone.

EDIT: Someone beat me to it.

Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #19
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Now THERE'S a brilliant theory! Does everyone see this? This must be it! The young coach can't manage a Gen Y "workforce", and the too old FO can't either! So you have to be medium age to deal with Gen Y. That's the takeaway here. (sorry, sid, just giving you a hard time...)
I'm not joking about that. There is significant difference how you manage Generation Y employees and how manage baby boomers and Gen Xers. That is documented occurrence that is effecting America now. You have to treat them all like winners and gotta be worse with star professional athletes

McDaniels by all account act like old school high school coach when comes to dealing with players. Which is exactly how Wiess acted at ND. Recently I had conversion with someone that really close to the ND program, where he shared how Wiess realized that his coaching style wasn't working and he had to adopt to how the kids wanted him to "coach. McDaniels comes from the same school and culture.

Last edited by elsid13; 06-16-2009 at 06:38 PM..
Old 06-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #20
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
I'm not joking about that. There is significant difference how you manage Generation Y employees and how manage baby boomers and Gen Xers. That is documented occurrence that is effecting America now. You have to treat them all like winners and gotta be worse with star professional athletes

McDaniels by all account act like old school high school coach when comes to dealing with players. Which is exactly how Wiess acted at ND. Recently I had conversion with someone that really close to the ND program, where he shared how Wiess realized that his coaching style wasn't working and he had to adopt to how the kids wanted him to "coach. McDaniels comes from the same school and culture.
McD has publicly stated he patterns his coaching style after his dad, who IS an old high school coach.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #21
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
McD has publicly stated he patterns his coaching style after his dad, who IS an old high school coach.
I know, and Belicheck his mentor also act that way. It style that works with older veterans, but I don't think it works younger players.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:46 PM   #22
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I know, and Belicheck his mentor also act that way. It style that works with older veterans, but I don't think it works younger players.
There could be a little something to this but I don't think Brandon has been around McD enough for this to have been the issue with him. Hard to hate a coach you haven't been coached by. That and the fact that these guys are professionals getting paid good money to do a job. Within reason you work with the coach and do your job.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #23
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:

"works" younger players.....like Parcells (Bellycheck's "mentor) did.....or works "with" younger players?
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #24
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
THat is funny. He has only caught 225 passes the last two years!!
102 + 104 = 225?
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:39 AM   #25
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
There could be a little something to this but I don't think Brandon has been around McD enough for this to have been the issue with him. Hard to hate a coach you haven't been coached by. That and the fact that these guys are professionals getting paid good money to do a job. Within reason you work with the coach and do your job.
Why do you think Marshall hasn't spent time with McDaniels? He returned right after the pro-bowl (along with Cutler) to sit down with coaches to start learning the offense. Marshall spent time in the facility til his April surgery and was there until the last couple of weeks. It not like Marshall just was introduced to him this last week.