The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 01:01 AM   #1
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Default Paige: Marshall must run go route

The Broncos got rid of their star quarterback because he wouldn't return a couple of phone calls. That's child's play in comparison.

Star wide receiver Brandon Marshall has taken absurdity to the extreme.

His phone rings, but nobody's home.

Denver's drama king is a crisis always waiting to happen, and it usually does.

Now, Marshall shows up for the Broncos' final, mandatory minicamp, but only to talk briefly with the owner, then gather three boxes of his things and leave. No practice, no playbook study, no team meetings, no anything football-related.

Adam Schefter, formerly of The Post, reported Monday that Marshall asked Pat Bowlen to trade him. Let us assist Marshall in packing the rest of his boxes.

Don't go away mad, Brandon. Just go, take all your luggage and baggage and don't come back.

If Josh McDaniels wants the Broncos to have a fresh, New England West start in 2009, he will dump the "divo."

Marshall has demanded that his contract be renegotiated.

He's not worth the trouble.

The trouble he gets into, the trouble he causes on and off the field, the trouble he most certainly will be in the future. Marshall is one bar fight, one domestic argument, one drunken driving charge, one more 911 call away from an eight-game suspension, two more from being Pacman.

But he has the audacity, the absurdity, to seek more millions of dollars this season.

Based on what?

Based on the 13 "incidents" that have involved police since 2004?

And that doesn't even include the "incident" of Marshall and his cousin in the New Year's Eve nightclub conflict that eventually ended with the murder of teammate Darrent Williams, or a Puerto Rico "incident" or the "incident" in Orlando, Fla., that Marshall called "roughhousing with a relative" that led to the infamous "McDonald's Bag Slip" and a severe arm artery wound which Marshall has said caused numbness in his hand the entire 2008 season, or, possibly, other "incidents" we haven't heard about.

The rest...

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_12597316
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2009, 01:02 AM   #2
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

It really is mind-boggling to see this bozo's antics on paper.

Most people don't even include his college arrest, either.

I'm hoping we work it out with him, but have to admit... Woody makes a strong case, here. I don't like the guy as a human being.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:07 AM   #3
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Kliss speculates...

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_12597567

The Broncos appear intent on waiting Marshall out. Trading him would seem to be a dicey option. For starters, several other disgruntled NFL receivers who have more proven track records — Arizona's Anquan Boldin, Cincinnati's Chad Johnson and Green Bay's Donald Driver — have let it be known they are unhappy with their contracts. All are still with their respective teams.

Then there's Plaxico Burress, who in five fewer games than Marshall the past two seasons, has caught three more touchdown passes (16 to 13). Burress accidentally shot himself in the thigh last season, an incident that led to still-pending charges and his release from the Giants. He remains unsigned.

Marshall has a lengthy legal rap sheet, including a misdemeanor battery charge that is pending in an Atlanta court. He is recovering from an injured hip that wasn't surgically repaired until April 1.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:08 AM   #4
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

As much as it would suck losing his talent on the field, I wouldn't cry if he left. I want guys who want to be here, a whole team full of Eddie Royals!
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:38 AM   #5
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
And that doesn't even include the "incident" of Marshall and his cousin in the New Year's Eve nightclub conflict that eventually ended with the murder of teammate Darrent Williams...
So now Marshall is to blame for D-Will's death. Maybe we can connect hin to 911 too.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:39 AM   #6
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
So now Marshall is to blame for D-Will's death. Maybe we can connect hin to 911 too.
Did he say he was to blame?

I'll read it again. I think he was just saying he was speculated to be involved, which is sort of old news. I missed the word blame.

Let me read it again. Maybe it's there....
Old 06-16-2009, 01:48 AM   #7
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
I'm hoping we work it out with him, but have to admit... Woody makes a strong case, here. I don't like the guy as a human being.
And yet you just said you want him here...why? If he's as bad as all that, why would you want him on the team at all?

If you were objecting to him being here based on his character issues like you claim, I'd respect that. But intstead, you merely object to him wanting to get paid according to how he's produced on the field. As long as he plays cheap, or maybe conforms to some kind of code you have about showing up at mini-camp or waiting till his contract is up...you're fine with him being here in spite of his personal issues.

If you're going to object based on character, then stand for him being gone regardless of his pay scale, his negotiation tactics or anything else. Complaining about character issues only when the guy's costing more money, etc...is pretty hypocritical.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:51 AM   #8
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Did he say he was to blame?

I'll read it again. I think he was just saying he was speculated to be involved, which is sort of old news. I missed the word blame.

Let me read it again. Maybe it's there....
Pretty obvious that he's implying it as something else to blame Marshall for. I think there were a number of players there besides him...not sure why any of that makes them culpable in his murder. Maybe because it's Woody Paige.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:01 AM   #9
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
including a misdemeanor battery charge that is pending in an Atlanta court.
Honestly, that's it, a misdemeanor. The first suspension was equally ambiguous. He was never chaged, and this one, even if guilty, will be counceling.

Don't theyhave a disputed confession in the works wih a known killer/crack dealer?

Wasn't Javon there, and DWill and ohers?

Donald Driver?

Burress won't play his season.

Ocho Cinco?
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:23 AM   #10
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Pretty obvious that he's implying it as something else to blame Marshall for. I think there were a number of players there besides him...not sure why any of that makes them culpable in his murder. Maybe because it's Woody Paige.
It has been printed all over the place. Brandon Marshall and his cousin were outside getting into an arguement with alledged Crip gang members less than an hour before DW was shot and killed.

You have become the most inconsistant poster on the mane anymore. The only things you do is Bash anything releated to McDaniels and call out anyone that has anything bad to say about a player.

Wake up bro, BM is a douchebag of biblical proportions, But I am sure it is all Josh McDaniels fault in your eyes.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:26 AM   #11
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Marshall has a lengthy legal rap sheet, including a misdemeanor battery charge that is pending in an Atlanta court. He is recovering from an injured hip that wasn't surgically repaired until April 1.
I don't believe he's been convicted of anyting but a
DWAI.

A charge is not a rap sheet.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:50 AM   #12
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
It has been printed all over the place. Brandon Marshall and his cousin were outside getting into an arguement with alledged Crip gang members less than an hour before DW was shot and killed.
So...this makes him culpable for D-Will's death? That's complete speculation. NFL players are targets for both attention and abuse no matter where they go, especially in a night club. It could just as easily have been D-Will himself who aggrevated things. People don't like hearing it but he had his own shady background including gangs and drugs and nobody knows who caused what or why this happened the way it did. Blaming Marshall is just stupid.
Quote:
You have become the most inconsistant poster on the mane anymore. The only things you do is Bash anything releated to McDaniels and call out anyone that has anything bad to say about a player.
Actually I've been considerably passive about McDaniels over the last several weeks, and the only players I've come to defend are the only two we've been talkning about...along with about 30 other posters in here who are also weighing in with similar opinions.
Quote:
Wake up bro, BM is a douchebag of biblical proportions, But I am sure it is all Josh McDaniels fault in your eyes.
"Biblical proportions"...I see. Maybe you should wake up...this coaching regime is off to the most questionable start of any in Bronco history.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:01 AM   #13
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'd say its all Mike Shanahan's fault. So was Cutler.

He coddled, cattered to, and in every other way possible spoiled Cutler, Marshall, and any other productive offensive player, excusing multiple poor decisions by Cutler that would've had him nearly tearing the helmet off Griese or Plummer, writing them off in post-games as young mistakes, etc.. He never stepped up and put Marshall in his place when he first started having off-field troubles.

The **** that Cutler and Marshall have done this off-season comes off to me as the single biggest stain on Mike Shanahan's tenure here. Bigger than Dale Carter, IHOP, or Travis Henry.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:07 AM   #14
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Doug View Post
As much as it would suck losing his talent on the field, I wouldn't cry if he left. I want guys who want to be here, a whole team full of Eddie Royals!
What happens when the Eddie Royals and Hillis's want to leave as well....then what will you have to say! Oh yeah I forgot..."We Only Want Players Who Want To Be Here!!
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:09 AM   #15
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:

Ding. The only thing that sucks about the whole BM mess is that he is likely worth more to us than he is another team. If some team is STUPID enough to give us a first and a third for him..... SEEEEEEYA Brandon. If it's only a 2nd, keep him around and make him play out his current contract. And, if that sets a poor precedent, so be it. Not sure how many more "Me First" type guys are on the team
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:09 AM   #16
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I like b Marsh , but adios ........... Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out ....... BTW take this nice McDonalds collectors bag with you as a parting gift ........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:29 AM   #17
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
Ding. The only thing that sucks about the whole BM mess is that he is likely worth more to us than he is another team. If some team is STUPID enough to give us a first and a third for him..... SEEEEEEYA Brandon. If it's only a 2nd, keep him around and make him play out his current contract. And, if that sets a poor precedent, so be it. Not sure how many more "Me First" type guys are on the team
"It's a business"...remember? A mini-camp hold out for a guy whose drastically underpaid? Shocker! The nerve of this SOB...slap him down...or the next thing you know some pro bowl offensive linemen making what the long snapper does might start getting upity too.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:40 AM   #18
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post

He coddled, cattered to, and in every other way possible spoiled Cutler, Marshall, and any other productive offensive player, excusing multiple poor decisions by Cutler that would've had him nearly tearing the helmet off Griese or Plummer, writing them off in post-games as young mistakes, etc.. He never stepped up and put Marshall in his place when he first started having off-field troubles.

The **** that Cutler and Marshall have done this off-season comes off to me as the single biggest stain on Mike Shanahan's tenure here. Bigger than Dale Carter, IHOP, or Travis Henry.
Shanahan's problem? Didn't he leave here already? Before Cutler's situation happened? Yes...it's obviously his fault...good call.

First of all...Cutler IS a young QB, and second, last I checked...Carter and Henry notched FELONIES, which is somewhat more disturbing than guys wanting to get paid like they should and holding out of mini-camp or having a personal conflict with the head coach.

Shanahan can be blamed for a lot...the behavior of McDaniels and it's repercussions is not on the list.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:42 AM   #19
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post

Oh BS! Its going to to come down to McDaniels putting a winning product on the field, replacing Cutler with another Franchise QB and finding another 100 plus reception-thousand yard receiver to replace BMarsh. Don't worry Miracle McDaniels got it all figured out. He's got the Bronco faithful hood-winked and snowed.

Can't wait for all the excuses for McDaniel's from the McDaniel's Fan Club over the next 2 years! You guys have already lowered the bar of expectations for McD. The McD fan base won't expect him to replicate Shanny's first 4 seasons as HC in Denver; nor will you go on line and say McD will match Shanny's first 4 years in 6 years!! Face it, the excuses are well planned for McD's mediocrity from his fan faithful.

Truth is, none of the Belicheck coaching diciples have WON SQUAT as NFL HC'S. Why sould the realistic Bronco fans expect anything different from an unproven 33 year old rookie HC from the Belicheat family tree!!!

Besides, history has proven NFL HC's don't win SQUAT in their 30's!!!! Coaches come into their own in NFL in their mid 40's......and McD won't be any different. Denver is merely a testing bed of lessons learned when it comes McDaniels.

In 3 or 5 years, Bowlen will have had enough of McD's inexperience, blunders, and screw ups and McD will have had enough of HC'ing under fire and scrutiny and mutiny; and will find himself back in NE as Belicheats OC.

Meanwhile, the Denver Broncos will have become the Raiders-Detroit Lions of the NFL.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:01 AM   #20
BroncoFiend
Ring of Famer

The enemy's gate is down

Quote:
And yet you just said you want him here...why? If he's as bad as all that, why would you want him on the team at all?

If you were objecting to him being here based on his character issues like you claim, I'd respect that. But intstead, you merely object to him wanting to get paid according to how he's produced on the field. As long as he plays cheap, or maybe conforms to some kind of code you have about showing up at mini-camp or waiting till his contract is up...you're fine with him being here in spite of his personal issues.

If you're going to object based on character, then stand for him being gone regardless of his pay scale, his negotiation tactics or anything else. Complaining about character issues only when the guy's costing more money, etc...is pretty hypocritical.
The current issue that is being debated is 'Can Marshall reasonably demand a new contract with so many risk factors hovering over him'. I would love to keep him, but it's hard not to see the front offices side with a guy that has had so many run ins with the law, thinks he can train better away from the team, and has had a pretty extensive injury history.

Most players, even 'me first' players, would do everything they could to prove they deserved the big contract this year, then once they get it it's anyone's guess as to how they play.

The fact that he is demanding a contract now is so odd in fact, that I think his injuries may be more serious than everyone thinks and he's looking for some money because he fears his playing days may be short lived. Obviously I am speculating here, but it really is so odd for a player in Marshall's position to demand more money and commitment from the team.
BroncoFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:16 AM   #21
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Oh BS! Its going to to come down to McDaniels putting a winning product on the field, replacing Cutler with another Franchise QB and finding another 100 plus reception-thousand yard receiver to replace BMarsh. Don't worry Miracle McDaniels got it all figured out. He's got the Bronco faithful hood-winked and snowed.

Can't wait for all the excuses for McDaniel's from the McDaniel's Fan Club over the next 2 years! You guys have already lowered the bar of expectations for McD. The McD fan base won't expect him to replicate Shanny's first 4 seasons as HC in Denver; nor will you go on line and say McD will match Shanny's first 4 years in 6 years!! Face it, the excuses are well planned for McD's mediocrity from his fan faithful.

Truth is, none of the Belicheck coaching diciples have WON SQUAT as NFL HC'S. Why sould the realistic Bronco fans expect anything different from an unproven 33 year old rookie HC from the Belicheat family tree!!!

Besides, history has proven NFL HC's don't win SQUAT in their 30's!!!! Coaches come into their own in NFL in their mid 40's......and McD won't be any different. Denver is merely a testing bed of lessons learned when it comes McDaniels.

In 3 or 5 years, Bowlen will have had enough of McD's inexperience, blunders, and screw ups and McD will have had enough of HC'ing under fire and scrutiny and mutiny; and will find himself back in NE as Belicheats OC.

Meanwhile, the Denver Broncos will have become the Raiders-Detroit Lions of the NFL.
The closest thing I can recall for sheer brashness from a rookie head coach that compares to the way McDaniels is going is Jimmy Johnson when he first got here in Dallas. For grins I took a look at the Cowboys roster from the time Jimmy took over a 3-11 team untill his 3rd season, when they turned it around to go 11-5...one year before they won the Super Bowl. Johnson shuffled 69 players through the revolving door that was the Dallas roster during that time and did some dumb stuff like farting away the top pick in the draft by picking Steve Walsh in the supplemental draft when he allready had Aikman.

But the Cowboys at that time had nowhere near the talent on offense that Denver had coming into the season, and taking a look at the players he let go, the only big time talent he turned loose of except for a couple of aging stars well past their prime was Herschel Walker, who of course returned huge benefits with the trade that turned the franchise around. That's radically different than the current approach. Johnson of course also wsn't dealing with free agency, which meant the team had more leverage than they do now. In spite of that, if anyone could be accused of "coddling" superstars however, it was probably Jimmy. He tolerated Michael Irvin, Eric Williams and the series of scandals that hit the team for several years, (remember the "White House"?) while taking a get tough approach with other less significant players.

However one wishes to view that, Johnson was savvy enough to recognize that there was a certain amount of special treatment that star players got, simply because you had to keep them if you wanted to win a championship. Johnson was much tougher on the garden variety player, even cutting a guy on the spot for fumbling in training camp and he berated players publicly...remember the famous comment about "the asthma field is over there?" The point is...Johnson knew how far he could go and where the line had to be drawn on his own power because he recognized that he wasn't dealing with college kids anymore, but professionals who were making millions. Even Jerry Jones got that point...remember when he caved in to Emmit Smith's contract demands after he sat out two games in '93? Johnson garnered respect despite his aggressive nature and over the top approach with players that he decided he didn't want because he managed to get players to buy into what he was doing from the very beginning. Watching this as a Cowboy hater, there was something about what he was doing that made it obvious he was going to win...even during the first two seasons including the 1-15 fiasco his first year. You could see the plan formulating and it made sense. I don't see that in the current situation. It's difficult if not impossible apart from simple blind faith to see the logic of these moves or the attitude that seemingly accompanies them.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:29 AM   #22
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
"It's a business"...remember? A mini-camp hold out for a guy whose drastically underpaid? Shocker! The nerve of this SOB...slap him down...or the next thing you know some pro bowl offensive linemen making what the long snapper does might start getting upity too.
Actually, he is underpaid for his performance on the field... though even that is a bit overrated. And I agree, this is a business which is even more reason to be frustrated with BMarsh's timing. Injuries, off-field issues, and needing to learn a new system. You tell me how the timing of this is "opportune"

If anybody on the team should be holding out it is Chris Kuper. Same exact situation as BMarsh. Outplaying his contract, same draft year, late round contract, etc. Only, Kuper doesn't have off-field issues. And, the injuries he has had, he has played through them and been VERY effective.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:34 AM   #23
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFiend View Post
The current issue that is being debated is 'Can Marshall reasonably demand a new contract with so many risk factors hovering over him'. I would love to keep him, but it's hard not to see the front offices side with a guy that has had so many run ins with the law, thinks he can train better away from the team, and has had a pretty extensive injury history.
The last two seasons Marshall has started 31 of 32 games and his only missed start was not due to injury. In 2006, his rookie year, he played in 15 games, so Marshall has missed one game in 3 years do to injury. Even last year, after the arm slicing thing in the offseason, Marshall was ready to start the season. As for the hip...this is pure speculation on fans part looking for reasons to hate on this guy besides his off field behavior. His skepticism over the team medical trainer is based on a justifiable issue he as with misdiagnosing his medical condition. Why would one expect him to blindly trust them now? Even fans on this board have consistently expressed lack of faith with these same medical and training people related to issues with conditioning and injuries.
Quote:
Most players, even 'me first' players, would do everything they could to prove they deserved the big contract this year, then once they get it it's anyone's guess as to how they play.
I disagree. Most players having back to back 100 catch seasons coming off the pro bowl would want a pay raise if they were making backup money, which he is. In the BUSINESS of the NFL, the average career is 4 years long and players look to parlay success into future security as fast as possible, even if it means trying to use leverage to get what they want. I don't see that as a character issue at all, but a business issue. "Me first" describes the attitude of every NFL owner including Bowlen...who is after all, making the money he is in large part due to publicc tax money being spent on a fancy new stadium for him...basically free money he got from many people who had no vested interest at all in his team. Bowlen certainly wasn't worried about fairness and what was "deserved" when he accepted the massive tax payer subsidy he received...was he?
Quote:
The fact that he is demanding a contract now is so odd in fact, that I think his injuries may be more serious than everyone thinks and he's looking for some money because he fears his playing days may be short lived. Obviously I am speculating here, but it really is so odd for a player in Marshall's position to demand more money and commitment from the team.
It happens all the time. There's nothing "odd" about it since it's not unusual. Concerning the hip...the Broncos will do what any NFL team looking at him will...have him take a thorough physical. He should have had the surgery last year but didn't, so IF he has something wrong with him now, whose fault is that if it turns out he was inaccurately diagnosed last year? In fact, one could make the case that even if he never plays another down, that the team owes him money due to the fact that they may be responsible for his career being cut short...and obviously he's been worth far more than $500K a year so far. If he were paid like he performed the last two years, Bowlen would owe him around $15-18 million, instead of the $1 million he paid him.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:34 AM   #24
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFiend View Post
That's what the McD bashers don't get. They want to piss an moan about how the team sucks and McD sucks but they won't look at the issue objectively.

Marshall's been a headache off the field going back to college. He's a repeat offender and some of things that he was busted for going back he actually did do. He also has issues with his hip or arm. Whether that's Greek's fault or not ( think it was) is neither her nor there at this point.

The other end is Marshall is horribly underpaid for what he's done consistently. Even with his drops last year, and his step back in his big YAC plays, Marshall still was extremely productive. He is still a beast to cover and a beast in the run game because he's like having a tight end on the field. He is being paid less than fifty-some-odd other receivers in the league and should be getting much better money for his talent. He knows the FO can simply tender him next year as an RFA and then franchise him the year after that.

Keeping him might be a good option. He is a great compliment to Eddie and a consistent threat after the catch. This offense will have a lot of plays that will showcase his ability to run after the catch. If he wants top ten money, then that's fine if it's toward the lower part of the top ten and includes clauses that protect the team when he screws up again - and he will do it.

But that begs the question about is it smart to keep him? What happens when you pay this guy that's a problem child and he does mess up again and faces an eight game suspension? Then you have no receiver and nothing to show for it.

Trading him presents another series of problems. The first being you get no return this season on anything if it's for just draft picks. If it's not, you also face the problem of what teams would be willing to give up for him facing the host of issues that Woody Paige listed along with his health concerns. That will diminish his value in a trade. The other problem is letting him whine his way out of town could lead to the perception that the FO is soft and as long as you piss off the owner you can get out of your contract. The team has to put their foot down or the inmates will be running the asylum.

The last option is fine him until he yields, comes in and plays pissed off and then play out the season. You risk having a crybaby on the team, but you also protect yourself from any contract or losing the player. It's status quo. Marshall's contract sucks and he's not making any money in endorsements. Fining him until he comes in might work.

I'm actually leaning toward trading him just to get all the whiners off the team, but I think fining him until he comes in would be a better option for the team. It's a tough call and one that I'm glad I don't have to make.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:37 AM   #25
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
I don't believe he's been convicted of anyting but a
DWAI.

A charge is not a rap sheet.
A rap sheet, also known as a criminal record, is a record of arrests and convictions
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote