The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default Is the Marshall trade demand news the 1st straw or last straw?

Or are you still waiting to see what McStalin will do with the team in a real game?

After all Kyle Orton was just named our starter...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

I expect to see more players asking to jump ship with trade demands. It's pretty obvious this guy's in over his head at this point. Maybe he'll figure it out at some point, but right now this team under his leadership looks like it's a straight dive with engines on fire.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Or are you still waiting to see what McStalin will do with the team in a real game?

of course everyone should wait to see how the team looks in a real game. if they do awesome this year (9-7, 10-6) what are you gonna say? "it wasnt good enough"?

if they suck then yea, there will prolly be more than a few reasons for it (last year for us: defensive 3rd down stops, red zone inefficiency), and it may not necessarily be the fault of kyle orton. however keep in midn everything is not fixable in a single year so mayyybe he will improve in two years.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

In all honesty Marshall has absolutly NO power in this situation. However he's seen weakness in the Denver Broncos FO due to the Cutler trade. Cutler got his way, so now Marshall thinks if Cutler can do it so can I. Marshall comes off as worried he's going to **** up this coming year which is why he wants money now. If he was certain that he was going to behave and be productive then $2.2 million this year + a massive contract next year isn't too much to worry about. Marshall just comes off as greedy and insecure... the kid's only 25... (he'll be 25 the entire season)... he's not a vet on his last contract.

Anyhow I'm just waiting to see Casey retire or threaten to holdout. It's clear now that the FO isn't in control of its own team.

As for how our team will be run in game I expect percision and heavy accountability. Now if we will have the talent to actually get anywhere against our competition this year is another matter.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #5
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
of course everyone should wait to see how the team looks in a real game. if they do awesome this year (9-7, 10-6) what are you gonna say? "it wasnt good enough"?

if they suck then yea, there will prolly be more than a few reasons for it (last year for us: defensive 3rd down stops, red zone inefficiency), and it may not necessarily be the fault of kyle orton. however keep in midn everything is not fixable in a single year so mayyybe he will improve in two years.
If he manages to go 9-7 or 10-6, imagine what he could've done with talented players
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:53 PM   #6
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
In all honesty Marshall has absolutly NO power in this situation. However he's seen weakness in the Denver Broncos FO due to the Cutler trade. Cutler got his way, so now Marshall thinks if Cutler can do it so can I. Marshall comes off as worried he's going to **** up this coming year which is why he wants money now. If he was certain that he was going to behave and be productive then $2.2 million this year + a massive contract next year isn't too much to worry about. Marshall just comes off as greedy and insecure... the kid's only 25... (he'll be 25 the entire season)... he's not a vet on his last contract.

Anyhow I'm just waiting to see Casey retire or threaten to holdout. It's clear now that the FO isn't in control of its own team.

As for how our team will be run in game I expect percision and heavy accountability. Now if we will have the talent to actually get anywhere against our competition this year is another matter.
Marshall has a ton of leverage here. The Broncos are still wearing plenty of egg from the Cutler fiasco. The last thing Pat Bowlen wants right now is to lose his #3 star player (Cutler #1, Champ being #2). He's already sweating bullets about putting butts in the seats. There is a huge concern in Dove Valley right now. If Marshall pushes his way out, I would be shocked if we didn't find a way to get our own big name back in town at receiver. Boldin, Edwards, and Ocho Stinko amongst the top candidates.

Also, don't be surprised to hear a thing or two in the coming days about Julius Peppers. The Panthers would love to give Delhomme that 2nd option and Marshall would be an excellent compliment to Steve Smith, or vice versa... whatever. Steve Smith and Eddie Royal are very similar with Smith being a stronger receiver at this point and Royal having Steve Smith like potential. Would certainly help with that McBean issue we are having on our DLine.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post

Marshall has more leverage than you think! Also, BMarsh took a look at Orton as his QB....and said you "Got to be Kidding Me"! He knows Orton will get him the ball erratically and possible get him killed leading him over the middle with his wobble noodle arm passes!!!........So BMarsh figures, he's on a team thats rebuilding, his stats will suffer b/c Simms an Orton are inferior QB's, so why not try to get PAID NOW!

That Bull-shiiiit mantra "He's under contract" screw him......won't work this time; just like it didn't work when it came to Cutler!!!! You mark my words.

Marshall will be an absolute cancer and disrupter all season long and into the off-season next year. Some things just weren't meant to be...."As in" Cutler and BMarsh were not meant to be life long Broncos.....plain and simple!!!

You can bet BMarsh and Cutler are talking on the phone and emailing as we speak! Hell, next we will hear reports that "Bmarsh" flew up to Chi-town to clear his head share his problems with the ONLY Franchise QB he's ever known! Boy imagine how much fun the NFL network will have with that.

If BMarsh doesn't get a new contract commiserate with the top 5-10 WRs in the league! Oh boy start the drama. Bmarsh won't run crisp passing routes (he'll blame his hip), Bmarsh won't try and break tackles for extra yards after the catch! suddenly Brandon will have hands of stone and drop passes, and he'll get into Orton's face during games for throwing him ****tty passes.

Now who wants that type of drama......I don't think Napoleon McDaniel is prepared for this.

TRADE THE BROTHA OR PAY THE BROTHA!!!!
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #8
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I expect to see more players asking to jump ship with trade demands. It's pretty obvious this guy's in over his head at this point. Maybe he'll figure it out at some point, but right now this team under his leadership looks like it's a straight dive with engines on fire.
This is by no way in defense of McDaniels but don't you think this is merely about money and it wouldn't matter who was the coach of this team? I'm pretty sure the same situation would be happening if Shanahan was still the coach. This really is a piss poor time to be demanding a huge raise. He recently was cleared by the league and still has a pending court case. I guess the Broncos could work some sort of clause into the contract to protect against Marshall's inevitable indiscretions; but how much money would have to be guaranteed?
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #9
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post

If BMarsh doesn't get a new contract commiserate with the top 5-10 WRs in the league! Oh boy start the drama. Bmarsh won't run crisp passing routes (he'll blame his hip), Bmarsh won't try and break tackles for extra yards after the catch! suddenly Brandon will have hands of stone and drop passes, and he'll get into Orton's face during games for throwing him ****tty passes.
Great way to make himself worthless at the negotiating table.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #10
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Yea, it'll be interesting to see what a QB with a winning record does now that Cutler is gone.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #11
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCrew View Post
This is by no way in defense of McDaniels but don't you think this is merely about money and it wouldn't matter who was the coach of this team? I'm pretty sure the same situation would be happening if Shanahan was still the coach. This really is a piss poor time to be demanding a huge raise. He recently was cleared by the league and still has a pending court case. I guess the Broncos could work some sort of clause into the contract to protect against Marshall's inevitable indiscretions; but how much money would have to be guaranteed?
Anywhere between 8 and 10 $mill a year.....and a very fat signing bonus.

Seriously, would anyone here give him that money when he can't pass a physical, has potential suspensions on the horizon and is a serial woman beater?

He has some work to do.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #12
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

With all this biotching you girls are doing, why not just move the team to Los Angeles so you guys do not have such a crappy team to give **** to all the damn time. Just cheer for your nuggets.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #13
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
Marshall has a ton of leverage here. The Broncos are still wearing plenty of egg from the Cutler fiasco. The last thing Pat Bowlen wants right now is to lose his #3 star player (Cutler #1, Champ being #2). He's already sweating bullets about putting butts in the seats. There is a huge concern in Dove Valley right now. If Marshall pushes his way out, I would be shocked if we didn't find a way to get our own big name back in town at receiver. Boldin, Edwards, and Ocho Stinko amongst the top candidates.

Also, don't be surprised to hear a thing or two in the coming days about Julius Peppers. The Panthers would love to give Delhomme that 2nd option and Marshall would be an excellent compliment to Steve Smith, or vice versa... whatever. Steve Smith and Eddie Royal are very similar with Smith being a stronger receiver at this point and Royal having Steve Smith like potential. Would certainly help with that McBean issue we are having on our DLine.
Wishfull thinking at this point.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #14
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
It's pretty obvious this guy's in over his head at this point.
So the coach of every team that has a player who wants a new deal is "in over his head"? That would be a lot of coaches! Why do you want so badly for this to be about McD? Because it isn't. And where did your logic and reason go? And why are there so many drama queens around here lately? And why do we drive on a parkway but park on a driveway?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:16 PM   #15
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Yea, it'll be interesting to see what a QB with a winning record does now that Cutler is gone.

Neither can I.

One of us is in for a big surprise.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #16
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
One that was pulled immediately when Rex got healthy again.

Benched 2 seasons behind both Rex and Griese.

"Won" the job because there wasn't **** else on the team last year.

Had his OC publicly acknowledge they were cutting him had they not managed to trade him to Denver.

But, yeah, he's a "winning quarterback".
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #17
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So the coach of every team that has a player who wants a new deal is "in over his head"? That would be a lot of coaches! Why do you want so badly for this to be about McD? Because it isn't. And where did your logic and reason go? And why are there so many drama queens around here lately? And why do we drive on a parkway but park on a driveway?

Umm, isn't this the X-Man's job?

Remember when Bowlen stated he gave too much to the coach and needed a strong GM? Then allowed Mcdummy to coup the GM position and demand the Cutler trade?

Jesus, buy a vowel.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #18
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
Umm, isn't this the X-Man's job?
"X-Man's job": "Brandon, when you're healthy enough to get back on the field, and after your trial is over, we'll be happy to sit down and get you signed to a new contract. Until that time we expect you to participate in all team activities."
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #19
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

I say clear the roster til we have no more whiney b****es. Marshall is the typical drama queen WR with tons of talent and is a headcase to deal with. Matter of time until his next antic and suspension. If we are cleaning house I have no issue in letting him go if the price is right, of course I'm happy Cutler is gone to...
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:31 PM   #20
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I'm looking at this from the standpoint that this has been the most tumultuous offseason in Bronco history and it could have been avoided. A few months after McDaniels gets here and we're now looking at sending our 2nd pro bowl caliber player leaving, and if early indications are correct, we may lose Wiegman also. Certainly they seem unwilling to take even the most basic step of upping his puny $1.45 million contract...one meant for a backup and an increase Bowlen promised him before McDaniels came on board. Why is this even an issue? Why didn't the team take care of him before we even got to this point?

Adding up the entire offseason...yes, at this point it really does appear he's overmatched. Keep in mind we are only mid-June...we may see other problems develop between now and the first game.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #21
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Had his OC publicly acknowledge they were cutting him had they not managed to trade him to Denver.

Sorry, I may have missed it but ... you gotta link?
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #22
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Great way to make himself worthless at the negotiating table.
Point is it may be difficult to tell whether he's taking plays off or his hip hasn't full healed. Point is, someone is going to pay for BMarsh's services....plain and simple.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #23
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Career Stats more
Season Team Passing Rushing Fumbles
G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
2008 Chicago Bears 15 15 272 465 58.5 2,972 6.4 18 12 27 160 79.6 24 49 2.0 3 6 5
2007 Chicago Bears 3 3 43 80 53.8 478 6.0 3 2 2 12 73.9 5 -1 -0.2 0 2 0
2006 Chicago Bears 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- --
2005 Chicago Bears 15 15 190 368 51.6 1,869 5.1 9 13 30 190 59.7 24 44 1.8 0 12 5
TOTAL 505 913 55.3 5,319 5.8 30 27 59 362 71.1 53 92 1.7 3 20 10

jesus
Old 06-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #24
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

This would happen with Shanny at the helm. Feel free to blame McD as its the easy way to go but this is all on Headcase Marshall. He wants to get paid regardless of who is coach.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #25
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
I say clear the roster til we have no more whiney b****es. Marshall is the typical drama queen WR with tons of talent and is a headcase to deal with. Matter of time until his next antic and suspension. If we are cleaning house I have no issue in letting him go if the price is right, of course I'm happy Cutler is gone to...
Just like Kobe when he demanded to be traded after he was accused of rape??