The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Default Possible cancer cure........results look promising!

http://www.csuohio.edu/class/com/cle...ews110104.html

Just as Sir Alexander Fleming unexpectedly discovered penicillin while studying bacteria more than 80 years ago, Cleveland State University’s Dr. Michael Kalafatis has discovered a potential cure for cancer while studying blood coagulation.

The treatment drug is a kinase inhibitor, an enzyme that is able to interfere with the abnormal cell growth associated with cancer. The inhibitor has successfully stopped uncontrolled cell proliferation in many different types of cancer cells in tests performed at both CSU and the Cleveland Clinic.

The clinic tested the treatment in lab cultures on leukemia, breast cancer, skin cancer, renal cancer, brain cancer and prostate cancer cells. Each time, the cell growth not only stopped, but the existing abnormal cells died, according to a CSU research office document.

Focusing on brain and breast cancer, the Cleveland Clinic has already successfully tested the drug on mice. According to the CSU Office of Sponsored Research Programs and Research, the chemical not only stopped the cancer cells from growing, it also did not cause any noticeable side effects or kill the mice.

continued....
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

This would be spectacular, and it sounds great. But I'm always leery just because you hear about these new cure fairly regularly and then inevitably they don't work as advertised in preliminary trials and then its back to the drawing board.

But here's holding out hope
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
This would be spectacular, and it sounds great. But I'm always leery just because you hear about these new cure fairly regularly and then inevitably they don't work as advertised in preliminary trials and then its back to the drawing board.

very true, but the fact its working on mice with no side effects is pretty good news. I normally don't post this kinda stuff, but since i go to and work full time at cleveland state univ figured i would. lol
Old 06-12-2009, 07:15 PM   #4
BABronco
RP2012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady

we can only hope
BABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #5
lazarus4444
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Coach McDaniels

i just put his name on google alerts for when he "accidently" dies it may be reported. I can't find anything on this guy on the web though, interesting. I hope its true because i had cancer and if it comes back i don't want to deal with all the **** again.
lazarus4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:27 PM   #6
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus4444 View Post
i just put his name on google alerts for when he "accidently" dies it may be reported.

Let me guess, you're also a 9/11 truther?
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:57 AM   #7
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenin View Post

Let me guess, you're also a 9/11 truther?
And probably believes there is an engine that runs on water available but Conoco bought the patent and locked it in a safe.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:15 AM   #8
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus4444 View Post
i just put his name on google alerts for when he "accidently" dies it may be reported. I can't find anything on this guy on the web though, interesting. I hope its true because i had cancer and if it comes back i don't want to deal with all the **** again.
don't worry the ciggarette companies will fund him, and keep him safe.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:41 AM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
And probably believes there is an engine that runs on water available but Conoco bought the patent and locked it in a safe.
It was Exxon Mobil that bought it.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:13 AM   #10
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:40 AM   #11
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Not the first time they have had these kind of results, we have been able to cure mice with cancer for many years, most therapies just won't translate to humans for a number of reason, and most therapies that do translate are stalls at best, the tumor keeps mutating and eventually the receptor the drug binds to will be blocked.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #12
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

If it does pan out to work it will be priced so high only a few will have it's benefits ( the american way)
Old 06-13-2009, 08:52 AM   #13
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post

Here's a necesary thing to consider: Cancer isn't ONE thing. There are over 200 different kinds of cancer, and it doesn't make sense that ALL types of cancer would respond to ONE treatment.

Still, highly encouraging!
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:54 AM   #14
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
If it does pan out to work it will be priced so high only a few will have it's benefits ( the american way)
Yeah... the government can sell it buy the dose to the highest bidders and apply the profits against the national debt. :sarcasm:
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:02 AM   #15
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by I bleed orange and blue View Post
don't worry the ciggarette companies will fund him, and keep him safe.
Hell I know I would. Think of being able to keep all those lung cancer deaths from happening so those people can keep buying cigarettes.

Quote:
If it does pan out to work it will be priced so high only a few will have it's benefits (the american way)
lol mmk. Tell that to oh so expensive penicillin that's save countless lives since its discovery. Expensive **** is expensive, the end. Something as simple as a drug to cure something won't be so high few can have it's benefits because guess what... CANCER DOESN'T CHOSE WHO TO ATTACK BASED ON SOCIAL STATUS. Current treatment for cancer is long arduous, and far more complicated than a drug. If they market a drug to the vastly fewer rich people who get cancer they will lose money.

Last edited by UberBroncoMan; 06-13-2009 at 09:06 AM..
UberBroncoMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #16
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Hell I know I would. Think of being able to keep all those lung cancer deaths from happening so those people can keep buying cigarettes.

lol mmk. Tell that to oh so expensive penicillin that's save countless lives since its discovery. Expensive **** is expensive, the end. Something as simple as a drug to cure something won't be so high few can have it's benefits because guess what... CANCER DOESN'T CHOSE WHO TO ATTACK BASED ON SOCIAL STATUS. Current treatment for cancer is long arduous, and far more complicated than a drug. If they market a drug to the vastly fewer rich people who get cancer they will lose money.

Just help people don't bleed them dry
Old 06-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #17
STBumpkin
burnin' it at both ends

Livin' The Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 'Dre View Post
Here's a necesary thing to consider: Cancer isn't ONE thing. There are over 200 different kinds of cancer, and it doesn't make sense that ALL types of cancer would respond to ONE treatment.

Still, highly encouraging!
Yes, there are 200 different types of cancer, but almost all of them involve uncontrolled growth of cells, which the drug in this article stops and kills.
STBumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #18
STBumpkin
burnin' it at both ends

Livin' The Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
This is evil. How can the executives of this company sleep at night?
STBumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #19
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Guy might not be a quack ... there's another researcher with similar results who was profiled on 60 Minutes:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4006951.shtml
BroncoBuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:53 AM   #20
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBumpkin View Post
This is evil. How can the executives of this company sleep at night?

They don't care and neither do the hospitals whom buy the drugs fairly cheap and then turn around and charge the patient out the wazoo for treatment ( it's basically a monopoly/extortion) i wish it were different but sadly it isn't.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:32 PM   #21
Paladin
Ring of Famer

This is why Health Care Reform scares the crap out of the industry "leaders".

To curb many of these excesses, all the Congress has to do is allow Medicare and Medicaid to negotiate drug prices with the companies......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:40 PM   #22
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
This is why Health Care Reform scares the crap out of the industry "leaders".

To curb many of these excesses, all the Congress has to do is allow Medicare and Medicaid to negotiate drug prices with the companies......

Wouldn't it be nice if congress did the right thing for once iam sick and tired of being a walking wallet that doesn't have unlimited funds heres an example rarely i get a little asthma so i get an inhaler which was 10.00 bucks well this year they have a new fancy one and i get a prescription and when i go to get it the ***** is 50.00! i said never mind i will suffer.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #23
Elway777
Ring of Famer

Another possibly treatment for Cancer is DCA http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGk9_XHj...hedcasite.com/ My Dad had the worst type of Cancer small cell lung cancer and was stage 4 with 2 months to live . My dad went to canada and got DCA plus added high doses of COq10 plus high doses of grape extract and the Cancer was all gone in 3 weeks. Nobody can potent the drug rights to DCA so may never get FDA approval.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #24
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway777 View Post
Another possibly treatment for Cancer is DCA http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGk9_XHj...hedcasite.com/ My Dad had the worst type of Cancer small cell lung cancer and was stage 4 with 2 months to live . My dad went to canada and got DCA plus added high doses of COq10 plus high doses of grape extract and the Cancer was all gone in 3 weeks. Nobody can potent the drug rights to DCA so may never get FDA approval.

Glad to hear your dad beat it too bad red tape keeps it in the dark for the others.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:04 PM   #25
Elway777
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I bleed orange and blue View Post
http://www.csuohio.edu/class/com/cle...ews110104.html

Just as Sir Alexander Fleming unexpectedly discovered penicillin while studying bacteria more than 80 years ago, Cleveland State University’s Dr. Michael Kalafatis has discovered a potential cure for cancer while studying blood coagulation.

The treatment drug is a kinase inhibitor, an enzyme that is able to interfere with the abnormal cell growth associated with cancer. The inhibitor has successfully stopped uncontrolled cell proliferation in many different types of cancer cells in tests performed at both CSU and the Cleveland Clinic.

The clinic tested the treatment in lab cultures on leukemia, breast cancer, skin cancer, renal cancer, brain cancer and prostate cancer cells. Each time, the cell growth not only stopped, but the existing abnormal cells died, according to a CSU research office document.

Focusing on brain and breast cancer, the Cleveland Clinic has already successfully tested the drug on mice. According to the CSU Office of Sponsored Research Programs and Research, the chemical not only stopped the cancer cells from growing, it also did not cause any noticeable side effects or kill the mice.

continued....
Sounds like a great treatment for cancer and hope the Drug is patentable because it will never see the light of day unless someone can make billions on it. FDA is owned by the drug industry.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote