The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,739

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default Ayers draft video

I watched the passing camp video or on DB.com, seems like a good kid and is working on the things he's weak at.

He is predicted to be the best defensive player out of this draft, and I like little quick clip of him after the pick.

Check out the spin move he puts on the o-linemen.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profil...ayers?id=71193

I pray to god he becomes dominant.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
I watched the passing camp video or on DB.com, seems like a good kid and is working on the things he's weak at.

He is predicted to be the best defensive player out of this draft, and I like little quick clip of him after the pick.
You should mention that it's one guy (Mayock) who says this. He rose on the strength of post season workouts and the senior bowl.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,739

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
You should mention that it's one guy (Mayock) who says this. He rose on the strength of post season workouts and the senior bowl.
I didn't put much stock into it, and he did say one year wonder which worried teams.

But I have a feeling about this kid from watching those highlight vids.

He can play inside or out, and is explosive.

I just want some heat on the other teams QB.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
You should mention that it's one guy (Mayock) who says this. He rose on the strength of post season workouts and the senior bowl.
Just happens to be probably the most respected draft analyst out there.

But, you stay pouty, boss.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
I didn't put much stock into it, and he did say one year wonder which worried teams.

But I have a feeling about this kid from watching those highlight vids.

He can play inside or out, and is explosive.

I just want some heat on the other teams QB.

There a few good, long vids on YouTube of the kid. Watch them, and you'll be even more pumped up. Played standing up some, and just looks like a natural football player.

Definitely good reason to be excited about this kid.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #6
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Just happens to be probably the most respected draft analyst out there.

But, you stay pouty, boss.
Respected or not...he's the only guy who said this. Why does it bother you to hear something truthfully reported?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Respected or not...he's the only guy who said this. Why does it bother you to hear something truthfully reported?
Why does it bother you that the most respected draft analyst thinks he'll end up the best DEFENDER in this draft?

Truth hurt?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #8
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,739

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
There a few good, long vids on YouTube of the kid. Watch them, and you'll be even more pumped up. Played standing up some, and just looks like a natural football player.

Definitely good reason to be excited about this kid.
I have seen those I just hope he translates to the NFL well.

What impresses you most about him?
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #9
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default



Here ya go, Clady.

My favorite play is at 3:35. He's standing up, fights through the junk nicely and then just lays out the runner.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #10
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Why does it bother you that the most respected draft analyst thinks he'll end up the best DEFENDER in this draft?

Truth hurt?
Nothing reported truthfully bothers me, but spin and homer propaganda I find useless. One draft analyst thinks he's going to wind up the best...yet it appears most NFL teams actually drafting these guys didn't share that opinion...certainly none of the 8 teams who drafted defensive players above him, probably most of the 17 who picked before he was taken.

He may indeed turn out great...I hope he does. But what's wrong with being accurate? Are you that desperate for good press?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #11
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
I have seen those I just hope he translates to the NFL well.

What impresses you most about him?
Just watch his feet. He's extremely quick, even in small areas. He changes direction very well, too. Wraps up nicely and just looks very instinctual out there. He's not a huge guy, but looks big enough to take on linemen when need be, or run around them.

Nolan loves versatile guys, and he's got one.

I can't think of a defensive pick this exciting since Al Wilson. Maybe he'll pan out, maybe he won't... but it's definitely exciting.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #12
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
He may indeed turn out great...I hope he does. But what's wrong with being accurate? Are you that desperate for good press?
Again, what's not accurate about the best draft analyst out there projecting him as the best defender?

Why does that bother you so much. Why can't you just let it go?

Are you that desperate for bad press that you need to spin the truth in your direction?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #13
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,739

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post


Here ya go, Clady.

My favorite play is at 3:35. He's standing up, fights through the junk nicely and then just lays out the runner.
He killed that guy, he sure seals the edge well doesn't he.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #14
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Again, what's not accurate about the best draft analyst out there projecting him as the best defender?
You said that. I was responding to "he's predicted to be the best defensive player in this draft", which sounds like it's a general consensus, not one man's opinion.
Quote:
Why does that bother you so much. Why can't you just let it go?

Are you that desperate for bad press that you need to spin the truth in your direction?
Are you deaf? I just told you I don't mind anything reported truthfully, and I'm surely not "desperate for bad press". Anyone looking for bad press on this team has no shortage of thing to choose from.

The only spin here is yours.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #15
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
He killed that guy, he sure seals the edge well doesn't he.
It's encouraging to see him able to fight through traffic like that if we're going to be asking him to move around quite a bit. Just guessing, but I'd say that's a main reason Nolan probably targeted him. So many of these guys come out of school like Javis Moss... and they just got by on speed, alone. That **** doesn't work in the pros.

Ayers clearly has an array of moves, and that's what has people stoked about him making the transition well.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #16
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
You said that. I was responding to "he's predicted to be the best defensive player in this draft", which sounds like it's a general consensus, not one man's opinion. .
Who said that? Did he say it was a general consensus? Apparently, you're putting words in his mouth.

Turns out he was talking about the best draft analyst out there, who does indeed think he's the best prospect.

So, maybe don't project get wadded panties over this stuff until you know what people are talking about? That might help you avoid pissy melt-downs for no reason.

Thanks.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #17
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,739

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
It's encouraging to see him able to fight through traffic like that if we're going to be asking him to move around quite a bit. Just guessing, but I'd say that's a main reason Nolan probably targeted him. So many of these guys come out of school like Javis Moss... and they just got by on speed, alone. That **** doesn't work in the pros.

Ayers clearly has an array of moves, and that's what has people stoked about him making the transition well.
I like how he plays against the run, is always in position to a make play.

He'll be much better than Moss, Moss is weak and couldn't fight out of a wet paper bag.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:14 PM   #18
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Who said that? Did he say it was a general consensus? Apparently, you're putting words in his mouth.
No dipstick...I already stated it "sounds like a general consensus". Do you read simple English? I was responding to the OP..."you should mention..."

Get it? Or do you need further instruction?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #19
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer
 
Popcorn Sutton's Avatar
 
Don't mess with Popcorn

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Who cares
Posts: 3,766

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Nothing reported truthfully bothers me, but spin and homer propaganda I find useless. One draft analyst thinks he's going to wind up the best...yet it appears most NFL teams actually drafting these guys didn't share that opinion...certainly none of the 8 teams who drafted defensive players above him, probably most of the 17 who picked before he was taken.

He may indeed turn out great...I hope he does. But what's wrong with being accurate? Are you that desperate for good press?
If you didn't have a history of consistent negativity I'd probably give you a pass on this one. However, you ARE consistently negative to the point of being annoying and this is just one more example. You say that 8 teams drafted defensive players before him and I'm sure all 8 teams were in the market for a DE or Outside Linebacker right? Two of the DE/Outside LBs drafted before Ayers are pure pass rushers in Everette Brown and Aaron Maybin and they both went to 4-3 teams. If how NFL teams draft is a true barometer then your argument may actually make sense but the truth is the draft is a crap shoot. It is important to hear someone like Mayock being so high on Ayers because Mayock has made several NFL teams look downright stupid the last few years.
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #20
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCrew View Post
If you didn't have a history of consistent negativity I'd probably give you a pass on this one. However, you ARE consistently negative to the point of being annoying and this is just one more example. You say that 8 teams drafted defensive players before him and I'm sure all 8 teams were in the market for a DE or Outside Linebacker right? Two of the DE/Outside LBs drafted before Ayers are pure pass rushers in Everette Brown and Aaron Maybin and they both went to 4-3 teams. If how NFL teams draft is a true barometer then your argument may actually make sense but the truth is the draft is a crap shoot. It is important to hear someone like Mayock being so high on Ayers because Mayock has made several NFL teams look downright stupid the last few years.
Lots of NFL teams look stupid and it didn't take Mayock to make that obvious.

I"ll repeat what I said earlier. I don't have a problem stating what Mayock said...I very much hope he's right. I'm just saying let's aknowledge not everyone had this opinion.

Whether or not all 8 teams were in the market for a DE/OLB is not the point...when's the last time a consensus best defensive player in the draft was passed over 8 or 10 times? I'm not talking about how it turned out later...but how it was seen at the time, since that's the context we're talking about...anyway, 8 or 10 teams...that's a reasonable expectation of how many teams would have probably taken him if they thought Mayock's opinion was valid. I'm not saying it's NOT valid...I'm just saying let's report this stuff accurately.

One man's negativity is another's realism.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #21
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCrew View Post
If you didn't have a history of consistent negativity I'd probably give you a pass on this one. However, you ARE consistently negative to the point of being annoying and this is just one more example. .
Lock it up.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #22
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,144

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Lock me up.
Fixed.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #23
~Crash~
My new dog
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,579

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Why does it bother you that the most respected draft analyst thinks he'll end up the best DEFENDER in this draft?

Truth hurt?
yep he has also said our coach was not all there but I am sure you will have a problem with this .
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #24
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCrew View Post
If you didn't have a history of consistent negativity I'd probably give you a pass on this one. However, you ARE consistently negative to the point of being annoying and this is just one more example. You say that 8 teams drafted defensive players before him and I'm sure all 8 teams were in the market for a DE or Outside Linebacker right? Two of the DE/Outside LBs drafted before Ayers are pure pass rushers in Everette Brown and Aaron Maybin and they both went to 4-3 teams. If how NFL teams draft is a true barometer then your argument may actually make sense but the truth is the draft is a crap shoot. It is important to hear someone like Mayock being so high on Ayers because Mayock has made several NFL teams look downright stupid the last few years.
Actually you are thinhking of Orakpo. Who is going to play the SAM position to start in DC and play end in the nickel. Everette Brown didnt go until midway through the second round


You hear alot from the media how diverse some guys are but when you flip on the tape it just aint so. Ayers line up at LDE RDE OLB ILB RDE (3-4)

Also it has been mentioned but he holds the containtment very well. and seems to locate the QB rather quickly i wouldnt describe him as explosive i would just say a heady guy. that knows his assignments well.

I really hoped Jarvis Moss would have turned out i really really didnt want him in that draft but we cant turn back time. There are reports this year he bulked upt o 258 they said it was a career high. but he still doesnt look at it on Denverbroncos.com under blogs for monday
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #25
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Until proven wrong Mayock gets alot of leeway as far as prospects go with me. He picked Cutler..

He told us Mcfadden was a fraud right mcshay lol.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:22 AM.


Denver Broncos