The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
ward63
Go Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Zac Dysert
Default Jeremy Jarmon

Anybody know this kids measurables from last year? Just wondering...

NCAA-ineligible Jarmon to enter NFL
Comment Email Print Share
By Joe Schad
ESPN.com
Archive

Kentucky defensive end Jeremy Jarmon, ruled ineligible by the NCAA for testing positive for a banned substance, confirmed Monday morning that he will enter the NFL's supplemental draft on July 16.

Jarmon will have a pro day in Lexington on July 9. Kentucky now has no defensive ends on its roster who have made a college tackle.

Jarmon has told NFL teams what he tested positive for, though he declines to disclose it publicly.

"I told the NFL teams that have called that I don't even have a speeding ticket," Jarmon said. "If they take me they're not going to have any off-the-field problems."

Jarmon, who was driving to a training facility, will fly to Philadelphia on Tuesday for a meeting and a physical with the Eagles.

NFL teams will bid via e-mail and the team that is willing to sacrifice the highest pick in next year's draft will get Jarmon.

Jarmon has selected Jimmy Sexton as his agent.

Joe Schad covers college football for ESPN.
ward63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #2
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Didn't Donna Martin used to say his name during the end credits of 90210? "Jeremy Jarmon...all right"
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Interesting article on his situation here: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...eal-player-je/

31 starts, 2x All SEC, 100 tackles, 23 1/2 TFL, 13 1/2 sacks; probably to small for the 3-4 DE spot at 6'3", 275
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Didn't Donna Martin used to say his name during the end credits of 90210? "Jeremy Jarmon...all right"
Weird... I thought that was a lyric from Michael Jackson's "Bad"
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #5
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Kentucky senior defensive end Jeremy Jarmon has been kicked off the team after testing positive for a banned substance. Jarmon's error seemed like an honest mistake.

However, now that his college football career is over, it is highly likely Jarmon will be in the supplemental draft, held sometime late in the summer. Since 1977, just 38 players have been selected.

No players were selected in last year's draft. In 2007, the Chargers used a fourth-round pick on Georgia cornerback Paul Oliver. Baltimore used a fifth-round pick on Maryland offensive tackle Jared Gaither. The selection of Gaither was an excellent one as he could be the Ravens' starting left tackle this year. Find every supplemental pick here.

Jarmon should have somewhere between a fifth- and seventh-round grade. He's 6-foot-3, 280 pounds. In 2007, he was a first-team all-conference performer finishing with 62 tackles, including 13.5 tackles for loss and nine sacks. Last season he had 38 tackles, including 10 for loss and 4.5 sacks.

Right now, I had Jarmon as my 15th best defensive end (rankings coming soon). If you take out 3-4 outside linebacker tweeners, I have Jarmon as the 10th best defensive end.

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2009/...entrant-in-nfl

Sup draft brings back memories of Bobby Humphrey.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote