The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,597
Default Jeremy Jarmon?

Anyone know anything about him?

NCAA-ineligible Jarmon to enter NFL
By Joe Schad
ESPN.com
Archive

Kentucky defensive end Jeremy Jarmon, ruled ineligible by the NCAA for testing positive for a banned substance, confirmed Monday morning that he will enter the NFL's supplemental draft on July 16.

Jarmon will have a pro day in Lexington on July 9. Kentucky now has no defensive ends on its roster who have made a college tackle.

Jarmon has told NFL teams what he tested positive for, though he declines to disclose it publicly.

"I told the NFL teams that have called that I don't even have a speeding ticket," Jarmon said. "If they take me they're not going to have any off-the-field problems."

Jarmon, who was driving to a training facility, will fly to Philadelphia on Tuesday for a meeting and a physical with the Eagles.

NFL teams will bid via e-mail and the team that is willing to sacrifice the highest pick in next year's draft will get Jarmon.

Jarmon has selected Jimmy Sexton as his agent.


Joe Schad covers college football for ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4240533
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!
 
SoDak Bronco's Avatar
 
Von Miller aka QB Killa

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default

what is his projected value?
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,147

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Somebody posted on the main board about him so I looked him up...he's a tweener typ for the 3-4...to small for DE and probably to slow for OLB; about 6'3" 275...decent but not great sack numbers at Kentucky. Supposedly a high character guy who accidentally got himself ruled no longer eligible for taking (apparently unknowingly) a banned supplement...one they say is sold in health food stores.

I imagine Woodyard will give them a scouting report...I doubt he comes in here though. We have to many of these guys right now.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:32 AM   #4
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Somebody posted on the main board about him so I looked him up...he's a tweener typ for the 3-4...to small for DE and probably to slow for OLB; about 6'3" 275...decent but not great sack numbers at Kentucky. Supposedly a high character guy who accidentally got himself ruled no longer eligible for taking (apparently unknowingly) a banned supplement...one they say is sold in health food stores.

I imagine Woodyard will give them a scouting report...I doubt he comes in here though. We have to many of these guys right now.
275 isn't that small to come in a play DE in 3/4. Will need to get bigger -yes, but only but another 10 pounds to 15 pounds or so.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,147

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
275 isn't that small to come in a play DE in 3/4. Will need to get bigger -yes, but only but another 10 pounds to 15 pounds or so.
Typically you want the DE in a 3-4 to be a 300 pounder, so even gaining weight that would still leave him on the small side. I have no idea where this guy is slotted but I bet 4-3 teams look at him first.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #6
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Typically you want the DE in a 3-4 to be a 300 pounder, so even gaining weight that would still leave him on the small side. I have no idea where this guy is slotted but I bet 4-3 teams look at him first.
It more about technique and leverage then size. I rather have a in 280 range that know the proper techinque then a fat ass that just lean on folks
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,147

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
It more about technique and leverage then size. I rather have a in 280 range that know the proper techinque then a fat ass that just lean on folks
Maybe...but that's like saying corners don't need speed. The fact is, the ideal DE in the 3-4 fits a certain physical profile, and we have a slew of tweener types already, including the 1st round pick we just took, so where is the value in this guy? We need to save every pick we have for next year, especially in the event a franchise type QB happens to slip down far enough for us to have a shot at him.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:10 PM.


Denver Broncos