The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default Magnum P.I. v Han Solo, sequence comparison

HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often

Pretty good. Comparing TC to a Wookie could be considered racist though.
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Besides Magnum was the hairy beast man type. I heard people still find his back hair on the beach where they used to film.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #4
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Besides Magnum was the hairy beast man type. I heard people still find his back hair on the beach where they used to film.
... His chest hair anyway. I'm pretty sure he got regular back waxes!! I heard at one point Peta was out there freeing dolphins that had gotten entangled in his hair.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Ya I thought the same thing at first. But they both are pilots, so it works.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #6
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Awesome. Ironically Tom Selleck actually read for the part of Indiana Jones but took the Magnum PI part instead. He was Lucas' first choice because Lucas didn't want to "overuse" Ford who had appeared in Star Wars and American graffiti already. I love Tom Selleck.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:36 PM   #7
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Awesome. Ironically Tom Selleck actually read for the part of Indiana Jones but took the Magnum PI part instead. He was Lucas' first choice because Lucas didn't want to "overuse" Ford who had appeared in Star Wars and American graffiti already. I love Tom Selleck.
Selleck was also the first choice to play Indiana Jones. Lucas originally brought Ford in to just read the script during casting for other actors/actresses during Star Wars but no one was clicking for Lucas to play Han Solo and the rest is history.
MechanicalBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:16 AM   #8
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalBull View Post
Selleck was also the first choice to play Indiana Jones.
Yes...I thought I said that.

Quote:
Ironically Tom Selleck actually read for the part of Indiana Jones but took the Magnum PI part instead. He was Lucas' first choice because Lucas didn't want to "overuse" Ford who had appeared in Star Wars and American graffiti already.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:08 AM   #9
MechanicalBull
Interesting Times Ahead

Quote:
Yes...I thought I said that.
My bad Khan I was out in the sun all day long and read that real quick as he was the first choice for Han and not Indy. It's all good.
MechanicalBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:05 AM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I like that movie Quigley Down Under.

It's like the American version of crocodile dundy, except way cooler.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #11
Atlas

Quote:
I don't think that is entirely true. He had the Indiana Jones part, but he didn't want to break his Magnum contract, because it wasn't honoranble. He didn't turn Indi down he couldn't break free from Magnum.

THe funny part is that Magnum started late and he could have shot Indi....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Selleck

Selleck, after years of little interest, was cast as Thomas Magnum in Magnum, P.I. and as Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark in the same year. Magnum, P.I. producers would not release the actor and he had to pass on the film role, which then went to Harrison Ford. The decision of choosing the role of Indiana Jones vs. Magnum actually haunted him so much that before making the decision, he consulted his best friend on what to do. Together they came to the conclusion that honoring the contract with Universal Studios was the honorable thing to do. It turned out that the shooting of the pilot for Magnum was delayed for over 6 months, which would have enabled him to complete the role as Indiana Jones. Coincidentally, while Selleck was waiting in Hawaii for Magnum, P.I. to commence, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas were in Hawaii as well to shoot scenes for Raiders of the Lost Ark. Selleck later went on to star in High Road to China, one of the many adventure films inspired by the success of Raiders that emerged in the early to mid-1980s.

Last edited by Atlas; 06-08-2009 at 10:59 AM..
Old 06-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #12
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
I don't think that is entirely true. He had the Indiana Jones part, but he didn't want to break his Magnum contract, because it wasn't honoranble. He didn't turn Indi down he couldn't break free from Magnum.

THe funny part is that Magnum started late and he could have shot Indi....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Selleck

Selleck, after years of little interest, was cast as Thomas Magnum in Magnum, P.I. and as Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark in the same year. Magnum, P.I. producers would not release the actor and he had to pass on the film role, which then went to Harrison Ford. The decision of choosing the role of Indiana Jones vs. Magnum actually haunted him so much that before making the decision, he consulted his best friend on what to do. Together they came to the conclusion that honoring the contract with Universal Studios was the honorable thing to do. It turned out that the shooting of the pilot for Magnum was delayed for over 6 months, which would have enabled him to complete the role as Indiana Jones. Coincidentally, while Selleck was waiting in Hawaii for Magnum, P.I. to commence, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas were in Hawaii as well to shoot scenes for Raiders of the Lost Ark. Selleck later went on to star in High Road to China, one of the many adventure films inspired by the success of Raiders that emerged in the early to mid-1980s.
That's not really in conflict with what I said, though I didn't know the pilot was delayed. That kind of sucks for Seleck. Even if he made the first one, though he might have had trouble making the second. Magnum PI ran from 80-88. Temple of Doom was made in 84.