The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default Fan Fair

Went to the fan fair today. Left a bit early, a bit sunburned, and all happy. My son was born 6 months ago today, so I thought I would get things started for him in Bronco fan land by getting the Ian ball signed by players. I am not usually much for signatures - better to go do things then get signatures from the guys who did them - but I think it's hopefully a bit inspirational. I got autographs from around 10 players, and Coach McDaniels to boot (now I have to root for him just so the signature means something). Talked with a lot of fans in lines. Many had some pretty insane orange glasses on - but most agreed that this years team is either going to do phenomenally well, or devastatingly bad.

The event itself was at Mile High. They allowed access to the field, as well as walking tour back into the service areas of the stadium - the keg rooms, the visiting locker rooms, security etc.

I also saw some presentations up in the club level. The first one was a interview of Buckhalter and Chris Simms. Simms came off very refined and polished, and generally likable. Talked about his move to Denver, as well as what it was like to grow up the son of a NFL quarterback. Buckhalter on the other hand was very amusing, but also had no filters on. He took a shot at Jeremy Bloom of all people, and made no bones about rookies screwing up being their fault. "It's not that hard, do the right thing" I think is the exact quote. Sooner or later he will say something this season that Broncos management will have wished he did not.

Went down to the field to catch the Defense 101 class. I had seen this previously on Comcast on Demand, but this was different. Mike Nolan and Spencer Larsen were there - and they had a ton of technical problems. They just were kind of winging it, but it got real fun when the talked about how fundamental stances where, and then proceeded to put different kids in the stance, and let the kids try and get around them. Spencer Larsen was in rare form, having fun with the stances that other positions have (his Clady impersonation was priceless), and everyone had fun.

The second presentation on the club level was Moreno and Ayers. Moreno is a amazingly polished, polite and interesting young man. Talked a lot about how slammed hie is in practice at the moment - not much time to do anything else. Ayers was also having fun - sporting some very colorful shoes, that the audience and Moreno wanted to know where he got them.

Unfortunately, this is the point at which Ian, being six months old, decided that he had had enough of strange people, and mandated a early withdrawal. It was fun. Well worth the cash.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

I had a great time and met McDaniels as well, he was especially fan-friendly. Unfortunately, I had to hear every girl around me go gaga about how hot he is.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

The need a Broncos fan fair in Southern California. Sounds like you had a great time
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
Premier-Ace55
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
I had a great time and met McDaniels as well, he was especially fan-friendly. Unfortunately, I had to hear every girl around me go gaga about how hot he is.
Sounds like you had a good time did you meet anybody else or hear anything else interesting? I'm sorry to pry into your experience but i don't live in denver and can't experience it for myself.
Premier-Ace55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:23 PM   #5
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
Spencer Larsen was in rare form, having fun with the stances that other positions have (his Clady impersonation was priceless), and everyone had fun.
There are no other positions for Larsen, he plays them all.
BroncoInSkinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #6
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Did he smack his lips and say yeah alot?
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #7
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInSkinland View Post
There are no other positions for Larsen, he plays them all.
Heh - if you were there, I was the guy in front that made that joke.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #8
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier-Ace55 View Post
Sounds like you had a good time did you meet anybody else or hear anything else interesting? I'm sorry to pry into your experience but i don't live in denver and can't experience it for myself.
I received the least info I ever have from a Fan Fair because I missed the Q&A sessions other than the last few minutes of Knowshon and Ayers' when they were answering goofy questions from kids. In general, I was a lot happier with this year's organization though - they had a long line setup where you could get to visit two autograph tables and have a photo taken. Another plus was they took the line around the side of the stadium instead of the bleachers - saving us from the heat. As far as players go, Rulon Davis was really nice. Talked with Barrett about playing with Dawkins (he's excited). Thomas told me he's REALLY excited about playing the nose. And McDaniels told me he got a concussion while playing against my old team in college. The Q&A with Dawkins should go up on Comcast soon so I'll try to get a recap. Nolan did a Football 101 session on the field for kids but in listening - sounded quite interesting as he discussed going back and forth from the 3-4 to the 4-3. That's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Did he smack his lips and say yeah alot?
No, he's actually very personable. It must be a nervous thing with the media, the guy also has a really toothy grin.

Here are some of my pics:

Yes, he is sitting next to Kenny Peterson.

Just after signing my ball.

I can't decide if I'm going to give this to Rev or SoCal for their birthday

Ayers and Knowshon's Q&A
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #9
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
Heh - if you were there, I was the guy in front that made that joke.
Unfortunately not, I was dispatching concrete trucks in Washington DC during a marathon with half the city streets shut down. Trust me you had a better day than I did, I am jealous.
BroncoInSkinland is offline   Reply With Quote