The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
bronco_boi_5280
Solid Starter

The Birdman Flies

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Andersen
Default Here's A Question: Will Cutler To Hester Be The Cheapest Move In History?

Madden history, that is.

I don't know if they've released the player ratings yet, but let's just go off last year. I'm doing this off the top of my head, so feel free to correct/add/whatever.

Cutler had a strong arm in the last game, obviously. He even had that power up or whatever they're called. You know, the rocket ship. Rocket arm it's called. I think.

Anyways. He's still going to have that, AND he went to the Pro Bowl. His stats will probably increase across the board. He won't have an accuracy boost or anything, but his basic ratings simply have to get better, I would assume.

Now Hester. Is the guy still a 99 speed? I'm not sure. But let's just assume he's at least a 95. Even with marginal hands, you know a streak of any kind and/or a play action will be money. Especially with Forte in the backfield.

Cutler, Hester, And Forte will ruin X-Box Live. You know, along with all the glitchers who will know the tricks 3 days after the game's release.
bronco_boi_5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Supposedly speed wont mean as much this year.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Madden has been dead for years...

NBA Live is a joke...

MVP baseball no longer exists..

The only thing left is NCAA Football.. online mode rocks and the game play is somewhat consistent.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #4
bronco_boi_5280
Solid Starter

The Birdman Flies

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Andersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Supposedly speed wont mean as much this year.
Nice.

It's funny, I'm such a mark. I'll b**** about Madden all day, but i will for sure buy it every year.
bronco_boi_5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #5
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Rex Grossman to Hester worked well.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:07 AM   #6
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Naw, Cutler to Royal wasn't ridiculous this year, and Royal has 97 speed and better hands/routes. It'll be too predictable. All about the fullback dive baby! Go Hillis!
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:09 AM   #7
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Nothing was cheaper than 2004 Michael Vick on Madden, and nothing else will be. He had elite speed and huge arm strength. You could pretty much do whatever you wanted because no defensive lineman could catch you and you didn't even have to be looking at a receiver - just mash the "X" (or B or Y or whatever) button and it was a 60 yard completion twenty yards behind the line of scrimmage running around like a retard.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:15 AM   #8
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

I like the idea that Bmarsh and Royal will be open...but for some odd reason, I can foresee Kyle Orton in the backfield throwing a horrible offtarget ball to them and frustrate the hell outta me. Kyle Madden '09 = Jay Madden '06 (rookie)
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:25 AM   #9
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
I like the idea that Bmarsh and Royal will be open...but for some odd reason, I can foresee Kyle Orton in the backfield throwing a horrible offtarget ball to them and frustrate the hell outta me. Kyle Madden '09 = Jay Madden '06 (rookie)
Are you kidding? I had so many ****ing retarded cutler passes on 09. Feet planted, 3 step drop in the pocket, 15 feet over the wide receiver on a rope to the safety etc.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:40 AM   #10
BroncosinDC
Now Live From Baltimore!

True Men have Facial Hair

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kyle Orton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Are you kidding? I had so many ****ing retarded cutler passes on 09. Feet planted, 3 step drop in the pocket, 15 feet over the wide receiver on a rope to the safety etc.
You should trade him in franchise mode....he sucks ass.
BroncosinDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:28 AM   #11
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosinDC View Post
You should trade him in franchise mode....he sucks ass.
I only play online. I played with Orton and my passing game really loses nothing, except for moderate (.5% of the time) scrambling.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:43 AM   #12
Natedog24
Ring of Famer

Win The Day

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

They have totally revamped the Madden rating system so its pretty hard to say how anything might play out at this point. I'm actually more excited for Madden this year then I have been for a football game in a looooooong time, they have changed a lot.
Natedog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:53 AM   #13
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Only 87 more years until Madden '96 2.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:59 AM   #14
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Its going to be hard to stop the Bears video game offense...personally ill mix it up with Hester screens, Forte counters and then hit you long on Hester

they are going to be the rage this year in online play...I'll stick with the Broncos and just keep letting teams run over me
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:17 AM   #15
Binkythefrog
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp View Post
Madden has been dead for years...

NBA Live is a joke...

MVP baseball no longer exists..

The only thing left is NCAA Football.. online mode rocks and the game play is somewhat consistent.
I actually find NHL 09 to be a total blast. Online, you can play 6 v 6 with everyone only controlling one position on the ice. While EA's xbox live occasionally sucks and games get messed up its really fun.

Offline, the game is pretty fun.. its got a deep dynasty mode, but as an Avalanche fan, its gonna take me a decade to rebuild the team, or i'll have to disable the salary cap.
Binkythefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:24 AM   #16
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

NHL 09 is amazing, form graphics to gameplay, best game I've played in a while. The "Be a Pro" mode is a lot of fun. MLB the SHow is an automatic good time, and Tiger, well that's easy.

Now Madden, the thing with it is, it has gone out of control. It is entirely too sophisticated that it's bound to have so many glitches. They try to pack so much in a year, when in reality the game probably needs a year and a 1/2 to be developed, maybe more. And those who are liek me, we're hooked, and will buy it every year,, damn.
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #17
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanhr9 View Post
NHL 09 is amazing, form graphics to gameplay, best game I've played in a while. The "Be a Pro" mode is a lot of fun. MLB the SHow is an automatic good time, and Tiger, well that's easy.

Now Madden, the thing with it is, it has gone out of control. It is entirely too sophisticated that it's bound to have so many glitches. They try to pack so much in a year, when in reality the game probably needs a year and a 1/2 to be developed, maybe more. And those who are liek me, we're hooked, and will buy it every year,, damn.
I love Tiger Woods....

You are right, in Madden they try too hard to advance the game quickly...what they should do is improve it slower over time instead of giving us ideas every year that suck and are gone from the game in the next installment.....
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:51 AM   #18
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Lovin the NHL 09 love. I'm truly amazed at the difficulty of the game play and AI. I am about halfway through the first season of my franchise and while I usually start to figure a game out by this point, it is still a crapshoot going in whether I win a game.

And yeah, playing with the Avs franchise kinda sucks, but probably for the same reason they suck in real life; they need a freaking goal tender.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote