The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody
Default What's with the OMANE lately?

Is it just me or has there been a plethora of racism/serious social issues comments, posts, references, etc.? I'm not trying to judge but what the hell? This is a site for football and other sports talk. I know off-season posting rules is under way, but that should mean funny off-the wall topics like "name that city", or "funny pictures thread", etc. It's quite disappointing to use my quick break from work to check this site only to find politics and other social issues being discussed. If we want to read that stuff there's CNN.com, Foxnews.com and about a million other websites to get your fill for that.

There will be many of you who will not like what i just said, because people who love to discuss and argue politics won't like someone like me recommending the banning of it and that's fine, but if tehre are others liek me who want the funny posts, sports posts, Vick's never gonna play in the NFL again kind of posts, knwo that you're not alone.

My intention of this post is not to start a huge argument or discussion, just bring it to the attention of the MODS that it's ludicrous that politics and social issues are being discussed here.

I'm going to end this post with an actual sports question any word yet on how well young dbs like Alphonso or MOFO are doing at passing camp?
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #2
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line

Well, it IS off season mode, so technically everything is open game, but I know what you mean. There have been some recent thread titles that I am uncomfortable with co-workers seeing...
BroncoInSkinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #3
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Thats why it was named Thunderdome.

Last edited by Los Broncos; 06-04-2009 at 08:26 AM..
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #4
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

I for one think that silly/funny threads are pathetic
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:25 AM   #5
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

there's plenty of threads on this site that have NOTHING to do with racism or "serious" issues.....theres also plenty of "Brandon Marshall Not Suspended", "Spencer Larsen Interview", "Champ Bailey Anal Fissure Not Serious" type of threads...

its all about what you decide to click on....

Personally, I enjoy the "serious" threads because its everyday people discussing topics that are quite relevant....even though I might not agree with some of the opinions its refreshing to hear POVs that aren't filtered through CNN.com or FoxNews....its real thought
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #6
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

God forbid we have some serious discourse here.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #7
bronco610
OLD FART

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

And what are you doing asking a football question that has nothing to do with Shanny, McD, or Cutler??
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #8
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

I think we need a poll
Old 06-04-2009, 08:27 AM   #9
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanhr9 View Post
My intention of this post is not to start a huge argument or discussion, just bring it to the attention of the MODS that it's ludicrous that politics and social issues are being discussed here.
it is ludicrous. there is a politics subforum where people should be posting that stuff. nevertheless... you must be careful not to upset the OM trolls, or they'll go on youtube and call you out!!!

Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:27 AM   #10
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

If you want to avoid the Racemen threads and the get nowhere, circular political arguements, then just don't open them. It's as easy as that.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #11
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
it is ludicrous. there is a politics subforum where people should be posting that stuff. nevertheless... you must be careful not to upset the OM trolls, or they'll go on youtube and call you out!!!

this kid has been all over the interwebs lately...
Old 06-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #12
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quite the serious thread you made here on the suppression of 1st Amendment Rights
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #13
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
there's plenty of threads on this site that have NOTHING to do with racism or "serious" issues.....theres also plenty of "Brandon Marshall Not Suspended", "Spencer Larsen Interview", "Champ Bailey Anal Fissure Not Serious" type of threads...

Personally, I enjoy the "serious" threads because its everyday people discussing topics that are quite relevant....even though I might not agree with some of the opinions its refreshing to hear POVs that aren't filtered through CNN.com or FoxNews....its real thought
i miss the good old days of threads named "Jay Cutler is a liar" and "No, McDummy is a liar" and "no, Jay is a liar and so are you" and "no, McDummy is a liar and so is your mother" and "no Cutler and his father and agent are liars" and "no, McDummy and Bowlen and all of Denver are liars", et. al.

ahhh... the good old days.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #14
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Is it just me or has there been a plethora of racism/serious social issues comments, posts, references, etc.? I'm not trying to judge but what the hell? This is a site for football and other sports talk. I know off-season posting rules is under way, but that should mean funny off-the wall topics like "name that city", or "funny pictures thread", etc. It's quite disappointing to use my quick break from work to check this site only to find politics and other social issues being discussed. If we want to read that stuff there's CNN.com, Foxnews.com and about a million other websites to get your fill for that.

There will be many of you who will not like what i just said, because people who love to discuss and argue politics won't like someone like me recommending the banning of it and that's fine, but if tehre are others liek me who want the funny posts, sports posts, Vick's never gonna play in the NFL again kind of posts, knwo that you're not alone.

I'm going to end this post with an actual sports question any word yet on how well young dbs like Alphonso or MOFO are doing at passing camp?
Welcome to the Omane newbie.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:32 AM   #15
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
i miss the good old days of threads named "Jay Cutler is a liar" and "No, McDummy is a liar" and "no, Jay is a liar and so are you" and "no, McDummy is a liar and so is your mother" and "no Cutler and his father and agent are liars" and "no, McDummy and Bowlen and all of Denver are liars", et. al.

ahhh... the good old days.

Wait, did Jay Cutler not return Mcdaniels phone call, or did McDaniels never call?
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:33 AM   #16
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line

Quote:

I agree that the discussion is good, and have thought about posting in both of the current top runners. The problem for me is the thread titles. It generates problems for me at my work when the first two thread titles on the main board are "White Privelege" and "Those Uppity Blacks". I understand the issues being discussed and know that it is not really what it looks like, but it LOOKS bad. Not cool.
BroncoInSkinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #17
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Without serious threads how would you know who to hold meaningless grudges against
Old 06-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #18
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

Quote:

agreed, go to the politics sub-forum, and as for the suppression of the first ammedment comment you gotta be joking. Get a life.
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #19
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInSkinland View Post
I agree that the discussion is good, and have thought about posting in both of the current top runners. The problem for me is the thread titles. It generates problems for me at my work when the first two thread titles on the main board are "White Privelege" and "Those Uppity Blacks". I understand the issues being discussed and know that it is not really what it looks like, but it LOOKS bad. Not cool.
Yes....I do agree with this...

but its not nearly as bad as clicking on one of these links and getting to a thread response that has a Ku Klux Clan member with a pitchfork or an X-ray of a guy blowing another guy

Luckily I have an office where I can close the door, fart to my heart's desire and click on those ridiculous thread titles
Old 06-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #20
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:

but its not nearly as bad as clicking on one of these links and getting to a thread response that has a Ku Klux Clan member with a pitchfork or an X-ray of a guy blowing another guy

Luckily I have an office where I can close the door, fart to my heart's desire and click on those ridiculous thread titles

Man, I have dreamed to be able to fart at my desk
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:38 AM   #21
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:

That brings up an important issue.

Why is it I dont see anyone for hours but fart once and people are instantly in my office
Old 06-04-2009, 08:39 AM   #22
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortoh View Post
I think we need a poll
Enough with the Polls!
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:39 AM   #23
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
agreed, go to the politics sub-forum, and as for the suppression of the first ammedment comment you gotta be joking. Get a life.
i made no mention of suppressing the first amendment. ?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #24
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Yes. Of course it was a joke, idiot.

First you want people to be less serious and more light-hearted....now joking isn't good.

You are a really hard poster to please.

Just sayin'.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #25
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortoh View Post
That brings up an important issue.

Why is it I dont see anyone for hours but fart once and people are instantly in my office
Farts are to humans like light is to bugs...

If you are ever lost in the woods just fart and somebody (probably a hot chick) will come by and sniff you out