The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: which movie will make more money?
New Moon (Twilight sequel) 18 22.50%
Transformers: Revenge of the fallen 62 77.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel
 
FADERPROOF's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eastlake OH
Posts: 17,115
Default which of these 2 movies will make more money at the box office?

I just made a bet with someone about this, I personally thought that Transformers 2 would win by a landslide but after discussing with others at work I'm hearing that New Moon might take this. Looking for more opinions based solely on which movie will make more money at the box office.
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,372
Default

Transformers because of the opening week. But you cant underestimate the ridiculousness of young teenage girls and horny older women.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
BroncsRule
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 878

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Transformers because of the opening week. But you cant underestimate the ridiculousness of young teenage girls and horny older women.

Heh. The ridiculousness of young teenage girls and horny older women can't hold a candle to the power of testosterone fueled male teenaged angst.

The boys win this one in a landslide.

Now, if those vampires could sing.. different story.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:20 PM   #4
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless
 
orangeatheist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,135
Default

Never heard of that other movie.

Transformers by infinity.
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 15,929
Default

Transformers should easily make more money.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #6
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsRule View Post
Heh. The ridiculousness of young teenage girls and horny older women can't hold a candle to the power of testosterone fueled male teenaged angst.

The boys win this one in a landslide.

Now, if those vampires could sing.. different story.

Think about it. A romantic, sensitive, always avaliable man who happens to be a vampire, throws in the risk of danger. Have him constantly save the girl he loves. 12-14 year old girls will go over and over and over again. Women married or single see this, and be like, why cant real men be like this, and see it over and over again. Now most of these angst riddled teenagers will dicover punani, and will go to see New Moon because the girl of the week he likes loves this flick. The same girl wont go see Transformers 2 over and over...Its like water dripping on rock...rock will lose eventually.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #7
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

This is the same country that has fallen for Adam Lambert...

who knows.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #8
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblueblooded View Post
This is the same country that has fallen for Adam Lambert...

who knows.
Who
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:44 PM   #9
Rashomon
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 166

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FADERPROOF View Post
I just made a bet with someone about this, I personally thought that Transformers 2 would win by a landslide but after discussing with others at work I'm hearing that New Moon might take this. Looking for more opinions based solely on which movie will make more money at the box office.
Well, the first Transformers made 319M domestic, 708M worldwide, while Twilight made 191M domestic, 382M worldwide. I don't see any way that New Moon would do better, unless Transformers 2 is a real stinker. Just make sure your bet was for worldwide gross and you should be safe.
Rashomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:48 PM   #10
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Who
I'd rather not say, I'm embarrassed for knowing, actually.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #11
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel
 
FADERPROOF's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eastlake OH
Posts: 17,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashomon View Post
Well, the first Transformers made 319M domestic, 708M worldwide, while Twilight made 191M domestic, 382M worldwide. I don't see any way that New Moon would do better, unless Transformers 2 is a real stinker. Just make sure your bet was for worldwide gross and you should be safe.
Yep, total worldwide gross. Transformers is the 30th top grossing film of all-time while twilight isn't in the top 50. True the fan base has exploded since but so has Transformers and I don't see how there will be that drastic of a step up for new moon or step down for transformers.
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:07 PM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,565
Default

Twilight for sure. IE remember titanic? nothing says money like teenage girls with wet panties.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:07 PM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,565
Default

What about Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince?

That may just outdo all the others this summer.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #14
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Twilight for sure. IE remember titanic? nothing says money like teenage girls with wet panties.
Nothing says wet panties like you having money!
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #15
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,628

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

what the heck is New Moon?...

and Twilight?...
Gcver2ver3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #16
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,771

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

Transformers 2 is blowing away ($301/share) Twilight 2 ($186 per share) on Hollywood Stock Exchange.....

http://www.hsx.com/

You've got a free money bet there (basically)
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblueblooded View Post
Nothing says wet panties like you having money!
That is so true.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #18
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,565
Default

I guess I should rent Transformers, just didn't look that good to me, sort of silly really, but maybe I will check it out.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #19
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I guess I should rent Transformers, just didn't look that good to me, sort of silly really, but maybe I will check it out.
It's fun...and Megan fox will make you spew in your pants.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:53 PM   #20
Pat Bowlen
President/Chief Executive
 
Pat Bowlen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Think about it. A romantic, sensitive, always avaliable man who happens to be a vampire, throws in the risk of danger. Have him constantly save the girl he loves. 12-14 year old girls will go over and over and over again. Women married or single see this, and be like, why cant real men be like this, and see it over and over again. Now most of these angst riddled teenagers will dicover punani, and will go to see New Moon because the girl of the week he likes loves this flick. The same girl wont go see Transformers 2 over and over...Its like water dripping on rock...rock will lose eventually.

Pat Bowlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #21
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblueblooded View Post
I'd rather not say, I'm embarrassed for knowing, actually.
So I can presume that it someone really gay and Spider would dig.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #22
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,565
Default

If I was a vampire I would totally kill a hot b**** every night, keep a bunch as slaves in my castle and make them like half vampire nymphs. I mean cmon you're a vampire don't be such a p***Y!!!!!!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:51 PM   #23
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,929

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FADERPROOF View Post
I just made a bet with someone about this, I personally thought that Transformers 2 would win by a landslide but after discussing with others at work I'm hearing that New Moon might take this. Looking for more opinions based solely on which movie will make more money at the box office.
transformers will make more in its first 2 weeks of release than Twilight is going to in its entire run.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #24
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,717

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

I made a guess based on which movie I would rather see and deciding that it wouldn't do as well as the other one. After seeing the posts about Transformers doing so well compared to twilight, I would like to change my vote to Transformers 2. I didnt realize transformers had done so well.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #25
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 11,688
Default

I would say Transformers. Because most guys aren't going to see Twilight, unless they are dragged to the theater with their girlfriend. But a lot of women want to see Transformers.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:02 PM.


Denver Broncos