The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #1
bronclvr
Ring of Famer
 
bronclvr's Avatar
 
She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,891
Default Titansí Young may want out if he canít start

Quarterback reportedly worried about career stalling if he stays a backup


If Vince Young can't win back the starting job in Tennessee, the quarterback may ask to play somewhere else.

Young told Baltimore's WMAR-TV that he wants to beat out Kerry Collins for the starting job, but he's concerned his career could stall if that doesn't happen.

This offseason, Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher said Young would have to unseat Collins as the starter.
"I definitely want to get back out there playing ball and picking up where I left off, winning games and having a good time with my teammates and with the fans," Young told the station. "At the same time, if them guys don't want me to be in there, it's time for me to make a career change for myself. Because the fact is I'm ready to play ball. If they're not ready for me to play ball, then somebody is."

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/31055006/


I know everyone thought he was a head case last year, but what if he does want out-would we want him? Discuss-
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #2
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker
 
BroncoInSkinland's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line
Default

He'd be a horrible fit for McDaniels system. Additionally, as much as I liked Cutler and wish he was still here, he was a little over emotional, VY would raise that ten fold though. Additionally VY couldn't handle the mental pressure of being QB for Tenessee. How do you think he would handle the weight of Elways shadow? Just say no to VY.
BroncoInSkinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,836
Default

He should talk to Lelie before he opens his mouth too much. I'm a starter dammit!
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:48 AM   #4
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,753

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Hell to the no.

He hasn't shown a bit of dedication or fight after his initial success. That job in Tenn was his for the taking if he just worked for it.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:48 AM   #5
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,573
Default

Just say no
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #6
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS
 
dbfan21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wichita
Posts: 2,179

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Hell to the no.

He hasn't shown a bit of dedication or fight after his initial success. That job in Tenn was his for the taking if he just worked for it.
Right on brother! Vince was so accustomed to just showing up and playing well for Texas, he got overwhelmed by the effort it takes to succeed in the NFL. As a result, he simply folded under the pressure.

There is no way I would take that guy in Denver, even if he was a match in terms of style of play.
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
broncofan7
Ring of Famer
 
broncofan7's Avatar
 
BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BIG D
Posts: 6,005
Default

As others have stated--he would be a horrilbe fit for McD's system--perhaps he could thrive in a Jake Plummer -esque WCO--but we don't run that anymore.........
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #8
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,708

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronclvr View Post
Quarterback reportedly worried about career stalling if he stays a backup


If Vince Young can't win back the starting job in Tennessee, the quarterback may ask to play somewhere else.

Young told Baltimore's WMAR-TV that he wants to beat out Kerry Collins for the starting job, but he's concerned his career could stall if that doesn't happen.

This offseason, Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher said Young would have to unseat Collins as the starter.
"I definitely want to get back out there playing ball and picking up where I left off, winning games and having a good time with my teammates and with the fans," Young told the station. "At the same time, if them guys don't want me to be in there, it's time for me to make a career change for myself. Because the fact is I'm ready to play ball. If they're not ready for me to play ball, then somebody is."

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/31055006/


I know everyone thought he was a head case last year, but what if he does want out-would we want him? Discuss-
What is he doing in Baltimore? Wooing the 'Skins? I could see that. Wash or Tampa.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:22 AM   #9
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,365
Default

I'd rather have Mock as starting QB over VY.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #10
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,045
Default

McDaniels likes smart guys, what was his score on that one test pre-draft?
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #11
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,983

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Nonono, unless he comes packaged with Ringer (How did Javon Ringer fall to them anyway!?)
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #12
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,375
Default

Well, maybe "them guys" may want to re-assess their options. Fisher has a pretty good staff, and the team is not too shabby.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #13
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Mountains
Posts: 1,676
Default

Didn't McD recently say he wanted smart players not dumb selfish, ignorant players?
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #14
Dudeskey
Ring of Famer
 
Dudeskey's Avatar
 
This space for rent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 4,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_7 View Post
McDaniels likes smart guys, what was his score on that one test pre-draft?
Which reminds me...
http://bangcartoon.com/2006/wonderlic.htm
Dudeskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #15
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,050

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

So basically he's Ashley Lelie.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #16
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules
 
DarkHorse30's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,270

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default

That draft class (Leinart, Young and Cutler) is loaded with underachievers....whodda thunk it?
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:24 PM   #17
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,508

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

maybe if Young didn't suck and would take his ass to work he could try to beat out Collins. no one in the league is going to take on his contract, or his mental problems to be a starter.

he just needs to get to work and win his job back.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #18
c_lazy_r
Speak Softly and...
 
c_lazy_r's Avatar
 
Carry a Big Stick

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Miles City, Montana
Posts: 1,094

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bobby Humphrey
Default

But, but, but...he's a pro bowl quarterback...

How will the Titans ever recover?? They're DOOOMMMED.......

Surely a young qb that made the pro bowl one season can't be replaced..uh...right??
c_lazy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #19
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,562

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

No. No. No.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:56 PM   #20
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nśstved, DK
Posts: 11,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

I am going to bring out the fugly puking chick soon if this Vince Young stuff continues.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #21
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
SJ Bronco's Avatar
 
Real Tree, No Seeds

Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Jose Ca
Posts: 9,418

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInSkinland View Post
He'd be a horrible fit for McDaniels system. Additionally, as much as I liked Cutler and wish he was still here, he was a little over emotional, VY would raise that ten fold though. Additionally VY couldn't handle the mental pressure of being QB for Tenessee. How do you think he would handle the weight of Elways shadow? Just say no to VY.
All true, well said...now i don't have to post anything
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #22
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,509

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronclvr View Post
Because the fact is I'm ready to play ball. If they're not ready for me to play ball, then somebody is."
Memo to VY: If you can't beat out a guy who's old enough to be your dad, a guy who hasn't had a good season since 2005 and a guy who has thrown for a whole 3,756 yards 13 TDs and 13 INTs combined in the last three seasons......then I'm guessing there really aren't too many teams who "are ready for you to play."
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:57 PM   #23
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,733

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

The meltdown
We don't want any part of this

Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013 at 06:35 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Denver Broncos