The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you go out of your way to buy made in the USA ?
Yes 26 33.77%
No 51 66.23%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper
Default Buy made in USA

Do you go out of you way to buy American products ? If not I would like to understand why you do not ? I will try my best to find made in America . I will pay extra money for made in the USA . My reason is simple when I buy that way I help my family first . To the people that do not get propping up China also makes there new freeway system they are building fill up faster and the price of fuel go up . The freeway they are building , they are doing it in 5 years and it will be as big as ours. I do all I can to not buy made in china . at least if I have to buy out of country I try not to buy china is last resort.
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #2
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Of course I do ..........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

im actually the opposite.......... i try to avoid stuff made in the USA.........why would i want overpriced inferior junk?

PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:28 PM   #4
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

well to the ones that don't I am sure your lay off will only be for a few mounths...
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #5
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Im not sure I've ever bought anything made in the USA that was "inferior junk". I could be wrong. I have however owned MANY things made in china and korea that were junk. The main lesson here is, we don't make much of anything here anymore, thats the problem.
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:10 PM   #6
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

In addition to buying American, I want to encourage people here to purchase goods and services from the U.S. Jewish community. Part of your contributions are donated to causes in fighting terrorist groups such as Hamas, Hezbollah and Al Qaeda. It's a win-win for everyone.
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #7
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ View Post
In addition to buying American, I want to encourage people here to purchase goods and services from the U.S. Jewish community. Part of your contributions are donated to causes in fighting terrorist groups such as Hamas, Hezbollah and Al Qaeda. It's a win-win for everyone.
Does having a Jewish lawyer count?
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #8
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
I would also like to take this opportunity to encourage you all to buy from the U.S. Irish sector.

We promote good drinking habits and are looking to expand March 17th into the 17th of every month for our Holiday.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:18 PM   #9
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Does having a Jewish lawyer count?
Yes, it does

Jewish lawyers are the best. They are so ruthless.
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:18 PM   #10
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Yea Walmart still sells lots of made in the USA stuff , if you look AND they sell lots made in Israel ... And I look for those things ... And Walmart and other stores should advertise those things and mark those things made here in the stores to make it easier to find ..
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:55 PM   #11
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I buy based on price not country of origin.

Electronics I generally get from either Japan or Korea.

Cars from Japan.

Clothes from USA but probably made in a sweatshop in Bangladesh.

I buy nothing but USA food buddy and thats the bulk of my money spent.

The question was, do I go out of my way to buy USA products? No I do not. When I purchase something, I rarely think about where it comes from.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:00 AM   #12
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
I buy based on price not country of origin.

Electronics I generally get from either Japan or Korea.

Cars from Japan.

Clothes from USA but probably made in a sweatshop in Bangladesh.

I buy nothing but USA food buddy and thats the bulk of my money spent.

The question was, do I go out of my way to buy USA products? No I do not. When I purchase something, I rarely think about where it comes from.
This....jingoism means nothing to me when I shop....best price & best value gets my buck and I don't care where it comes from.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:35 AM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I like to buy American when I can.

Recent made in usa purchases.

A calif king bedframe and new mattress.

Some new balance sneakers.

here is a link for made in america products.

http://www.americansworking.com/

Last edited by cutthemdown; 06-02-2009 at 12:37 AM..
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:44 AM   #14
slyinky

Thar she Blows!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Sometimes it's hard to buy American.

slyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:06 AM   #15
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I buy based on price and quality. American-made products most of the time are crappy in both categories.

I love the "buy it so we can keep American jobs" argument. Why not go a step further and just have all American companies sell a bag of sand and label it "SUV," "Sedan," "Refrigerator," "Sweater," etc and price them according to their label. I mean if you guys don't care if what you're getting is any good, let's just make a bunch of sand companies - of course it will be American workers packing American sand - and label them what we "wish" they were and charge whatever price we need to keep those guys employed! If we don't care if they suck or not but are going to buy it anyway because it's "American" then just let them sell something cheap and we can pretend it's the crappy thing we were buying anyway. That's an awesome idea!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:54 AM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

cmon there are a lot of good american products, you just have to research.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:26 AM   #17
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line

For the majority of products I buy US goods, but for cars I just couldn't do it any more. I had a Buick and two Chevies for my first three vehicles, and none of them were reliable at all. When one broke down and stranded me at South Of the Border South Carolina for a full week, I was done with American cars. Since then I have owned three Hondas. The American cars lasted a combined total of two and a half years. The Hondas? Going on 16 years now. When the American auto companies get thier act together and start producing products that are anywhere near the quality of Hondas I will review my stance, until then my money goes elsewhere.
BroncoInSkinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:37 AM   #18
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInSkinland View Post
For the majority of products I buy US goods, but for cars I just couldn't do it any more. I had a Buick and two Chevies for my first three vehicles, and none of them were reliable at all. When one broke down and stranded me at South Of the Border South Carolina for a full week, I was done with American cars. Since then I have owned three Hondas. The American cars lasted a combined total of two and a half years. The Hondas? Going on 16 years now. When the American auto companies get thier act together and start producing products that are anywhere near the quality of Hondas I will review my stance, until then my money goes elsewhere.
A lot of honda stuff assembled in America. With a lot of the cars it's hard to buy American but I did have great luck with my Chrysler 300m. Pretty darn good car as far as reliability goes. And the v-6 in it has plenty of power.

But all you can really do is buy some American where you can.

Valvoline synthetic oil
New Balance shoes
Lotrimin athletes foot cream

3 good american products!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 04:40 AM   #19
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I hear all the outdoor gear at Cabella's is made in America.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:41 AM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Kitchen aid appliances made in America. I have a blender by them!!!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:05 AM   #21
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

I'd never buy any vehicle outside a Ford, Chevy and Chrysler..it pains me to see them in bed with the government and I'm way less than excited about the products they'll produce now. Buy American whenever and wherever you can, hopefully it leads to some jobs being saved. I just bought an F250, they didn't take bailout money and that matters to me.
Broncojef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:13 AM   #22
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
I'd never buy any vehicle outside a Ford, Chevy and Chrysler..it pains me to see them in bed with the government and I'm way less than excited about the products they'll produce now. Buy American whenever and wherever you can, hopefully it leads to some jobs being saved. I just bought an F250, they didn't take bailout money and that matters to me.
That is one of my exceptions, I think I would still be Ok with an American truck. If I get a pickup it will probably be a Ford. I still can't reward them for producing an inferior product with the majority of thier sedans though. It really does pain me though, I don't know where the pride in the products we produce went. I remember my grandfather talking about made in America products. The problem is the consumer has a responsibility to buy them, but the manufacturer has a responsibility to produce the best goods on the market, and they failed thier end long before I gave up on mine.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:22 AM   #23
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
That is one of my exceptions, I think I would still be Ok with an American truck. If I get a pickup it will probably be a Ford. I still can't reward them for producing an inferior product with the majority of thier sedans though. It really does pain me though, I don't know where the pride in the products we produce went. I remember my grandfather talking about made in America products. The problem is the consumer has a responsibility to buy them, but the manufacturer has a responsibility to produce the best goods on the market, and they failed thier end long before I gave up on mine.
As I get older I'm into comfort and performance. I realize my toys are top end GM products for the most part but my Cadillacs, Tahoe and Corvette are world class and I'd put them against any foriegn product any day of the week.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:40 AM   #24
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
As I get older I'm into comfort and performance. I realize my toys are top end GM products for the most part but my Cadillacs, Tahoe and Corvette are world class and I'd put them against any foriegn product any day of the week.
Fair enough, but I haven't seen it. When my car was in the shop, I got a Ford Focus as the loaner vehicle. It confirmed for me that the American manufactures are still producing inferior products. I have not tried luxury sedans, or SUV's so I cant really comment on them, but for econoboxes to mid range sedans I have yet to find an American vehicle that offers the same benefits my Hondas have. Sports cars are another excepetion. I love the American muscle cars, just can't afford them.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:52 AM   #25
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Fair enough, but I haven't seen it. When my car was in the shop, I got a Ford Focus as the loaner vehicle. It confirmed for me that the American manufactures are still producing inferior products. I have not tried luxury sedans, or SUV's so I cant really comment on them, but for econoboxes to mid range sedans I have yet to find an American vehicle that offers the same benefits my Hondas have. Sports cars are another excepetion. I love the American muscle cars, just can't afford them.
I'm a bigger dude and I have issues with all economy type vehicles both foriegn and domestic. I just hope Government Motors continues to make some bigger more comortable vehicles with some serious engines and the fine quality they currently have in their top end vehicles. I feel the affording thing, felt the same way for years.