The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
THE719!
Solid Starter
 
THE719!'s Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default OT: stupid facebook

Before I start this silly vent thread, I just want to clarify I hardly use facebook. in fact, I am thinking about deleting my account.

The reason why I made this thread is, I just wanted to vent about the people that just delete you has a friend on facebook with no explanation at all. You see this happened to me on Friday were a person did this to me, and it just rubbed me the wrong way. I messaged this person asking why? No response, so I ask two questions.

1. Would it rub you the wrong way if someone deleted you on facebook with no explanation?

2. When will this stupid facebook trend stop, and people can go back to commutating to people like they should face to face

Other than that sorry for wasting your time, I just wanted to vent. Have a good day.
THE719! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,080

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

had an ex-girflfriend delete me as a friend and then block me from seeing stuff she posts on our mutual friends walls

that bothered me

still, I'm more concerned about things that happen in real life
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 3,426

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE719! View Post
Before I start this silly vent thread, I just want to clarify I hardly use facebook. in fact, I am thinking about deleting my account.

The reason why I made this thread is, I just wanted to vent about the people that just delete you has a friend on facebook with no explanation at all. You see this happened to me on Friday were a person did this to me, and it just rubbed me the wrong way. I messaged this person asking why? No response, so I ask two questions.

1. Would it rub you the wrong way if someone deleted you on facebook with no explanation?

2. When will this stupid facebook trend stop, and people can go back to commutating to people like they should face to face

Other than that sorry for wasting your time, I just wanted to vent. Have a good day.
You do realize that you are posting this on a message board.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:45 PM   #4
THE719!
Solid Starter
 
THE719!'s Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
had an ex-girflfriend delete me as a friend and then block me from seeing stuff she posts on our mutual friends walls

that bothered me

still, I'm more concerned about things that happen in real life
Exactly, and that is why it bothers me facebook is not real life. However, people get a power surge when they are on facebook, and assume things about other people.
THE719! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:46 PM   #5
THE719!
Solid Starter
 
THE719!'s Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
You do realize that you are posting this on a message board.
I do your point.....
THE719! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:48 PM   #6
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,428

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

What is a facebook?
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:48 PM   #7
KevinJames
DT
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,054
Default

probably deleted you for being an anti social on a social network

just a thought.......

I delete people all the time, sometimes theres just a person you rarely talk to anymore and you kind of get tired of seeing updates on them
when you know you don't really care for this person and you don't ever chat with them anymore, its time to delete them.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,428

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Seriously though, some of my family members are active facebookers. I've had to ask them to refrain from posting pics of me or my kids, details about us, etc. I can't imagine any of that stuff being used for anything good.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:53 PM   #9
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 3,426

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE719! View Post
I do your point.....
My point is you are talking about people talking face to face all the while writing about it on a message board. Just thought that was a little Ironic.

Last edited by Quoydogs; 05-31-2011 at 06:05 PM..
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:55 PM   #10
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 3,426

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Seriously though, some of my family members are active facebookers. I've had to ask them to refrain from posting pics of me or my kids, details about us, etc. I can't imagine any of that stuff being used for anything good.
See I understand that FB is a way people can spy on you but if you have nothing to hide what is the big deal. I just don't get it ?

Last edited by Quoydogs; 05-31-2011 at 06:04 PM..
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:55 PM   #11
THE719!
Solid Starter
 
THE719!'s Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
My point is you are talking about people talking face to face all the while righting about it on a message board. Just thought that was a little Ironic.
oh hahaha your right
THE719! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:01 PM   #12
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,428

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
See I understand that FB is a way people can spy on you but if you have nothing to hide what is the big deal. I just don't get it ?
For me it's a big deal because I'm a surgeon in a small town.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:01 PM   #13
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,046

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Throwing a fit about being deleted on facebook only makes the point stronger.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:02 PM   #14
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,046

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
For me it's a big deal because I'm a surgeon in a small town.
How is Trinidad?
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:04 PM   #15
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,421

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

No it doesn't bother me when people delete me from facebook. I'm probably not missing out on much.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:07 PM   #16
THE719!
Solid Starter
 
THE719!'s Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
Throwing a fit about being deleted on facebook only makes the point stronger.
not throwing a fit just saying it rubbed me the wrong way
THE719! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:09 PM   #17
THE719!
Solid Starter
 
THE719!'s Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
No it doesn't bother me when people delete me from facebook. I'm probably not missing out on much.
every single time I see that pic the song runs thru my head....life is like a box of chocolate and my name is forest gump
THE719! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:09 PM   #18
DBruleU
Ring of Famer
 
DBruleU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Boulder
Posts: 3,700
Default

After this thread I can see why they would want to delete you.
DBruleU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:12 PM   #19
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,501
Default

I really miss football
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:50 PM   #20
THE719!
Solid Starter
 
THE719!'s Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBruleU View Post
After this thread I can see why they would want to delete you.
and the reason why?
THE719! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:51 PM   #21
THE719!
Solid Starter
 
THE719!'s Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I really miss football
I dont.... there all babies
THE719! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #22
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

It doesn't bother me, because I just assume I did something offensive.

It's highly likely that I did.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #23
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer
 
Lev Vyvanse's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,048
Default

This message is hidden because THE719! is on your ignore list
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #24
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,587

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Lol in on this one
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:06 PM   #25
DBruleU
Ring of Famer
 
DBruleU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Boulder
Posts: 3,700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE719! View Post
and the reason why?
Because you just created a thread to vent about those who don't want to be your friend, without notifying you as to why they don't want to be your friend.

Do I need to say more?

You obviously have self-esteem issues.
DBruleU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Denver Broncos