The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default OT: North Korea

Maybe this should go into the war forum or whatever...but is anyone else at all concerned. My wife is currently stationed over there and i'm honestly pretty worried that this time around some **** is gonna go down and it's going to be pretty ugly to say the least...WWIII anyone?!?!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Prayers for your wife man. My dad is stationed in Japan, he's back in the states now but only for a few days before he goes back over.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Well ask yourself what N Korea has to gain by attacking. IMO not much. Obama will not have the balls to do a military strike so IMO not much chance of anything happening that could put your wife in danger anymore then she was before.

China would never support a N Korean attack on S Korea. N Korea gets 90% of fuel and most of what they eat through CHina.

for those reasons I dont think you should worry anymore then the normal way you would worry about a loved one who is a long ways away.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why do we have to get involved in any conflict North Korea has with anyone besides the United States?
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:31 PM   #5
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Well ask yourself what N Korea has to gain by attacking. IMO not much. Obama will not have the balls to do a military strike so IMO not much chance of anything happening that could put your wife in danger anymore then she was before.

China would never support a N Korean attack on S Korea. N Korea gets 90% of fuel and most of what they eat through CHina.

for those reasons I dont think you should worry anymore then the normal way you would worry about a loved one who is a long ways away.
I don't know, Kim Jong is definitely not there in the head...i wouldn't be all that surprised if something happens..hell he's doing nuke tests and launching missles left and right..but what your saying puts a little ease on the situation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_us_north_korea_military
Old 05-29-2009, 06:33 PM   #6
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
Why do we have to get involved in any conflict North Korea has with anyone besides the United States?
There our allies...we have forces stationed in the south, in japan etc. Don't you watch the news at all?! In the end, the North would lose but there would be an insane amount of human life lost because of an idiot leader!!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #7
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

If NK invades SK by ground, which is now being speculated... it'll be a much wider-sweeping response than we saw during the Iraq war.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:37 PM   #8
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
There our allies...we have forces stationed in the south, in japan etc. Don't you watch the news at all?! In the end, the North would lose but there would be an insane amount of human life lost because of an idiot leader!!
Its not our job to protect the world. When in the hell did that become our job?
Old 05-29-2009, 06:39 PM   #9
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
If NK invades SK by ground, which is now being speculated... it'll be a much wider-sweeping response than we saw during the Iraq war.
That's what I think as well...plus indications are that China and Russia will not be backing them up this time around if they do that.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:40 PM   #10
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

I am TDY to Korea right now. I am not too concerned, I am sure things will work out eventually.

I will start worrying when bullets and/or bombs start hitting.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #11
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We can't keep footing the bill as American taxpayers to protect other people's ****. They (S.Korea) should fight their own battles, or better yet, why don't they spend billions upon billions like United States does on their defense?

Hell, let the rest of world fight their battles. We can't afford to.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:42 PM   #12
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Dude...if they invade the south by ground or whatever way..we have soldiers/airmen/marines stationed there, you know americans, what don't you get about that. A lot of them would possibely die with out warning. Your willing to just let something like that happen?!?!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:42 PM   #13
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

My son goes over to S. Korea for a year in October. Thought this was great until lately. Jong doesn't have to have anything to gain, he just wants to prove he can do it. Idiot.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #14
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
We can't keep footing the bill as American taxpayers to protect other people's ****. They (S.Korea) should fight their own battles, or better yet, why don't they spend billions upon billions like United States does on their defense?

Rinse, Wash, and Repeat.

You are saying the same things over. We understand we are not the world police (somebody has been watching Team America). However we're civilized and care about what happens to other people.

We have a dozen bases in South Korea (some which contain families) and you don't want us to get involved?
Old 05-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #15
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
My son goes over to S. Korea for a year in October. Thought this was great until lately. Jong doesn't have to have anything to gain, he just wants to prove he can do it. Idiot.
I wouldn't worry about it. I personally have not heard anything from our leaders. The only thing i;ve heard so far is what the media is throwing at the wall.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #16
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTribbey View Post
I am TDY to Korea right now. I am not too concerned, I am sure things will work out eventually.

I will start worrying when bullets and/or bombs start hitting.
It seems to be a lot more serious than i can remember it being...i get a gut feeling the North isn't going to back down/shut up this time like they usually do. And how many times can this crap keep happening before we use military force..what else can we do..one minute they say there going to stop and then there doing nuke tests again/launching a "commercial satelite". When does everyone just decide to smack them around to let them know were done with these games they keep playing?!
Old 05-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #17
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTribbey View Post
Rinse, Wash, and Repeat.

You are saying the same things over. We understand we are not the world police (somebody has been watching Team America). However we're civilized and care about what happens to other people.

We have a dozen bases in South Korea (some which contain families) and you don't want us to get involved?
Oh, I had to watch a cartoon to come to that conclusion? Seriously now.

How about this? Evacuate all American troops, let them duke out, and call it night. How about that?
Old 05-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #18
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Since the UN was created .......
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608

If anything you have to keep Kim Jong Douchebag from gaining more resources, that Little pecker has done alot with what little he has , he gets south Korea he can gain even more .........
Quote:
Oh, I had to watch a cartoon to come to that conclusion? Seriously now.

How about this? Evacuate all American troops, let them duke out, and call it night. How about that?
I would love to see us pull out of S. Korea , I believe we had a chance back in the 90's , but not now .........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #19
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Lots of good info on the topic in the article linked below.

http://www.slate.com/id/2219064/pagenum/all/#p2
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I don't know, Kim Jong is definitely not there in the head...i wouldn't be all that surprised if something happens..hell he's doing nuke tests and launching missles left and right..but what your saying puts a little ease on the situation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_us_north_korea_military
I guess a case could be made he goes crazy since hes close to death. IMO though he would still need his generals to carry out the plan, and they may balk. I doubt the N Korean military want to deal with the whole world. Make no bones about it CHina will not help N Korea attack. If anything they would join in the counter attack.

True if USA tries some type of action to try and shut down the N Korean nuclear program then it would get really dangerous. Just trust in her training, the training of the other soldiers over there, and hope for the best.

No since worrying too much about it until there is something more to worry about.

Besides I bet your wife tells you not to worry!!!!!!!

Talk about the new era!!!! Hubbies worried about wives overseas serving their country. You've come a long way baby!!!!!!!!

IMO American women lead the women everywhere showing them they can be athletes, soldiers, moms, run companies, and still look hot.

Let's hear it for our women guys!!!!! They friggin rock!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

For anyone who doesn't see the merit in fulfilling our obligations to S Korea all I can say is maybe look a little deeper.

Some things more important then what it costs us to do it. The point is those people over there depend on us. Does that mean we can't maybe move some troops home and save money? no. But to just pack up and leave S Korea to the N Koreans and the Chinese it totally unacceptable.

I had family that fought in that war and the reasons were just despite what any tree hugging pacifist wants to try and say.

Who lives better S Korea, or N Korea? Hell N Koreans would be better off had we just kept up the fight and defeated China and the N Koreans commies.

No way we leave, not ever IMO.

Not to mention those troops are also a buffer which keeps Japanese from feeling they need to expand their military.

Things are bigger then a lot of people realize.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #22
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
so you think them hurling nukes and saying that they want war with us we should just turn and run away ....
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #23
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Why should we go to war I say take a seal team in and cut the head of the snake off .
Old 05-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crash~ View Post
Why should we go to war I say take a seal team in and cut the head of the snake off .
kim jong will soon die.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #25
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
kim jong will soon die.
yep castro is still ticking what 40 years or so after people said he will not last long...