The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #1
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Keys to the Nuggets winning this series!

The Nuggets have a real shot at winning the remaining 2 games, but they have got to change their plan of attack. First and foremost games 6 and 7, Denver must do the following in the first and second qtrs....to establish their low post execution and scoring.

Chauncey, Carmelo, and JR Smith are slashers and great passer's when it comes finding they're big men around the basket. All 3 have a scorer's mentality and can finish their drives to the basket. This way Gasol, Odom, and Bynum will be forced to focus on Defense and Denver good get the Laker big 3 into foul trouble early and on the bench during key stretches in the 1st and 2nd half.

Making the Lakers big 3 focus on defense and worry about foul trouble early will take away from them concentrating on Offense and by the 4th Qtr Denver could be shooting in the penalty early. Getting the Lakers big 3 in foul trouble increases the odds one or two of the Lakers 3 Big men may foul out! And of course should both games 6 and 7 go into overtime, the advantage goes to the Nuggets!

Of course the Nuggets as a team need to shoot 80-85% from the foul line and make they're free throws. Denver also needs to curtail shooting 3 pointers in the first half, and focus on medium range shoot selection. This may only result in 2 points, but they're higher percentage shots, and cuts down on the long rebounds caused by shooting too many 3's.

The time for the Nuggets to shoot the 3's are in the 4th Qtr to put the game out reach or to increase their lead. It does no good to go up by 10-20 points in the 1st and 2nd Qtr, when its obviously difficult to hold such a lead during the 3rd and 4th qtrs.....too much time left for a comeback by the Lakers.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

its alot easier than that.... Score more points than the other team always = victory
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Get Kobe a whore and a hotel room

The nuggets are a better team top-bottom. If their bigs control the glass they win period.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
The Nuggets have a real shot at winning the remaining 2 games, but they have got to change their plan of attack. First and foremost games 6 and 7, Denver must do the following in the first and second qtrs....to establish their low post execution and scoring.

Chauncey, Carmelo, and JR Smith are slashers and great passer's when it comes finding they're big men around the basket. All 3 have a scorer's mentality and can finish their drives to the basket. This way Gasol, Odom, and Bynum will be forced to focus on Defense and Denver good get the Laker big 3 into foul trouble early and on the bench during key stretches in the 1st and 2nd half.

Making the Lakers big 3 focus on defense and worry about foul trouble early will take away from them concentrating on Offense and by the 4th Qtr Denver could be shooting in the penalty early. Getting the Lakers big 3 in foul trouble increases the odds one or two of the Lakers 3 Big men may foul out! And of course should both games 6 and 7 go into overtime, the advantage goes to the Nuggets!

Of course the Nuggets as a team need to shoot 80-85% from the foul line and make they're free throws. Denver also needs to curtail shooting 3 pointers in the first half, and focus on medium range shoot selection. This may only result in 2 points, but they're higher percentage shots, and cuts down on the long rebounds caused by shooting too many 3's.

The time for the Nuggets to shoot the 3's are in the 4th Qtr to put the game out reach or to increase their lead. It does no good to go up by 10-20 points in the 1st and 2nd Qtr, when its obviously difficult to hold such a lead during the 3rd and 4th qtrs.....too much time left for a comeback by the Lakers.
Great post by the way
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #5
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortoh View Post

The nuggets are a better team top-bottom. If their bigs control the glass they win period.
Or maybe Pay that Crazy Fan from Happy Gilmore to sit next to the Lakers Bench

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #6
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Kobe gets hurt. That is only hope.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #7
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Kobe gets hurt. That is only hope.
knock on wood
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:24 PM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Great plan Rastaman. Make sure you don't get up by 20 points, or lakers might comeback.

You should be a coach.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:25 PM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
knock on wood
yep. But seriously outside of that who really thinks Nuggets could take 2 in a row from Lakers. When was the last time Nuggets took 2 games in a row from the Lakers?

If Odom and Gasol help Kobe out even a little, and then if Fisher can play good again, Lakers win this game.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #10
Maximus
The Razor!

Public Enemy #1

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortoh View Post

from top to bottom

For ****s and giggles lets make Kobe Bryant and Carmello Anthony even in terms of players. This leaves Pau Gasol versus who on the Nuggets... There is nobody on the nuggets that have the skill level of Gasol....
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #11
TheManeMan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post

You forgot signing Jesus H. Christ.

I'm just kiddinggggggggggg.
TheManeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #12
Maximus
The Razor!

Public Enemy #1

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManeMan View Post
You forgot signing Jesus H. Christ.

I'm just kiddinggggggggggg.
And Neo From the Matrix... Maybe he can bring the Key Maker back to life
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:45 PM   #13
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
yep. But seriously outside of that who really thinks Nuggets could take 2 in a row from Lakers. When was the last time Nuggets took 2 games in a row from the Lakers?

If Odom and Gasol help Kobe out even a little, and then if Fisher can play good again, Lakers win this game.
Those are good points, however, if Carmelo, Chauncy, and JR Smith, show up and score their respective 35, 22, 20-plus and Nene, Kmart, and Birdman play D, hit the boards and challenge shots the Nuggets can win this series. Question is, do Camelo and JR have the drive, perseverance and tenacity to play the last two games as if their lives depended upon it. We already know Chauncey knows how to step up.....he's got Championship experience.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:58 PM   #14
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Unleash the fury of these guys:

footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The Nuggets have proved to me the are a good team Rasta. I clowned them early but really I had not paid much attention to them. I kept expecting them to fall apart but they haven't.

I think though at this point Kobe still a bit better then Carmello. That could change over the next few yrs as kobe goes deeper into his 30's.

I think when you look at the supporting cast outside of those 2 the Lakers just have too much size that can score. Bynum, Gasol, Odom just better then Birdman, Nene, Martin.

I do think Chauncey better then what Lakers have at that spot so IMO for Nuggets to pull it off Chauncey will need to hit 50% and score about 20 or more.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:25 PM   #16
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

JR and Billups keep this up and we're fine!
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #17
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

a better DA in Eagle County
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #18
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
a better DA in Eagle County
Or a smarter white trash bimbo who knows better than to do two other guys the same day she tries to cash in on a "rape" charge.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:17 PM   #19
lazarus4444
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Coach McDaniels

Well she got hers and I don't blame her.
lazarus4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #20
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
Or a smarter white trash bimbo .

let me know when you find ONE of those...

crooked DA's are a dime a dozen
Old 05-29-2009, 09:19 PM   #21
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
let me know when you find ONE of those...

I'll be sure to refer her straight to George Karl's office.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #22
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
I'll be sure to refer her straight to George Karl's office.
George! it's a trap!