The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #26
slyinky

Thar she Blows!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Rockies have now won 7 in a row, all on the road. They are actually +11 in runs scored differential and are only 5 games back of the wild card with a long way to go.
slyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:30 AM   #27
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeskey View Post
Agreed...
You can't fire the owners of a team. Why can't people understand that, it's not that difficult.
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #28
slyinky

Thar she Blows!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenin View Post
You can't fire the owners of a team. Why can't people understand that, it's not that difficult.
Yeah, riiiight? I mean c'mon guys. If you're saying something like that you better say it in jest, you know? Oh, wait. Maybe you didn't mean it literally. Perhaps you were being facetious? Hmmm.
slyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #29
Sacked by Croel
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Give the Monforts credit this week though. The Rockies drafted Tyler Matzek, arguably the best prep pitcher in the draft who was passed over by many teams because of rumblings that he wanted a signing bonus in excess of $7 million.

Matzek has made strong indications he wants to attend Oregon (to play both first base and pitch) and it didn't scare off the Rockies.

If they seal the deal, this is a sign the Rockies may be changing their tune a little bit. Three years ago, the Rockies drafted some scrub college pitcher with no projection (Greg Reynolds) over Evan Longoria and Tim Lincecum because they were being cheap.
Sacked by Croel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #30
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacked by Croel View Post
Give the Monforts credit this week though. The Rockies drafted Tyler Matzek, arguably the best prep pitcher in the draft who was passed over by many teams because of rumblings that he wanted a signing bonus in excess of $7 million.

Matzek has made strong indications he wants to attend Oregon (to play both first base and pitch) and it didn't scare off the Rockies.

If they seal the deal, this is a sign the Rockies may be changing their tune a little bit. Three years ago, the Rockies drafted some scrub college pitcher with no projection (Greg Reynolds) over Evan Longoria and Tim Lincecum because they were being cheap.
Yeah. That was a shocking pick. I am still kind of expecting them to blow it, though. It would be totally like them to say, "We made him a fair offer, and he didn't take it" - after the kid, his agent, and his family made it pretty clear before the draft what they were looking for ($7 million signing bonus). Their demands are too high, IMO. But the most the Rockies have ever given to a 1st Round pick was less than $3 million. They're going to have to be over $5 million with this one. They did offer Harrington almost $5 million, but there were lots of conditions to it.

But I liked the top of their draft a lot. If they get most of them signed - including the top three picks - then I think it could be a home run.

I am going back to avoiding Rockies threads now. Karma.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #31
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

I never liked the Holliday trade, but understand why it was made. Holliday is a good hitter, but not worth the contract he would demand on the open market IMO.
The value received for Holliday was piss poor in my standards. Oh well though.

And I still remember that horrible selection of Reynolds. #2 pick in the draft for some guy in college who didn't have much potential, passing on Longoria, Lincecum, Scherzer, Morrow, Miller, Kershaw. Geez.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:14 PM   #32
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

I told you guys Jim Tracy would bring the fire!
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:37 PM   #33
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyinky View Post
Yeah, riiiight? I mean c'mon guys. If you're saying something like that you better say it in jest, you know? Oh, wait. Maybe you didn't mean it literally. Perhaps you were being facetious? Hmmm.
You need to look up the meanings of the following words:

jest
literally
facetious

Go ahead, take your time.
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote