The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
TexanBob
Don't Argue With Me

You Know I'm Right

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darris Nash
Default Any Prankstas In Da House?

Thumbed through this week's issue of USA Today Sports Weekly and back in the classified section is the following ad:

To Veteran Professional
Basketball Player (NBA)

Beautiful, Distinguished Female, 43
seeks friendship, more @
(XXX) XXX-XXXX

Now, normally, I wouldn't post a phone number in the forum but the number is already out in a national newspaper and this little gold-digger deserves to be messed with. Makes me wonder if this is the psycho that Dirk Nowitzki just dumped but I believe that girl was 37 and has some major legal issues.

So, if you enjoy the idea of passing yourself off as veteran NBA player looking for some over-the-hill skank seeking friendship and "more" , now's your chance to mess with some gold-digger that's just begging for a smackdown.

I'd do it myself but I wouldn't pass the eyeball test - too short, white and old.

Gotta be creative here. You can't pass yourself off as Kobe or Lebron or D-Wade because that's too obviously fake. You need to be some NBA sixth man or a guy that doesn't get much face time so she won't immediately notice who you are. Maybe someone who plays for the Grizzlies or Bobcats since they're never on tv.

And just in case you buy USA Today Sports Weekly on occasion, next week's edition will preview the Broncos' off-season, complete with depth charts.
TexanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
Dudeskey
Ring of Famer

This space for rent

Paging Dirk Nowitzki...™
Dudeskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

She's only a gold digger if she's pretending what her motives are to manipulate some kind of deception. This is obvious and straight forward. It's a veiled offer for prostitution...seedy and rather odd given that your average NBA guy doesn't need to pay for it and probably isn't looking to score with a woman this old, but not gold digger behavior none-the-less.

Regardless of where it's published already, I would not post someone's phone number in here. If this attracts one of the many unstable nitwits that populate this place you could get yourself in some trouble.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:09 AM   #4
TexanBob
Don't Argue With Me

You Know I'm Right

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darris Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Regardless of where it's published already, I would not post someone's phone number in here. If this attracts one of the many unstable nitwits that populate this place you could get yourself in some trouble.
One, the number is already out there for anyone with $1.75 to see. How would revealing the number get anyone here in trouble? It's in an advertisement. Any future claim of confidentiality on the part of the gold-digger would be laughed out of court.

You also display an amazingly low opinion of your fellow board members. Why do you bother to associate with them?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:43 AM   #5
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBob View Post
One, the number is already out there for anyone with $1.75 to see. How would revealing the number get anyone here in trouble? It's in an advertisement. Any future claim of confidentiality on the part of the gold-digger would be laughed out of court.

You also display an amazingly low opinion of your fellow board members. Why do you bother to associate with them?
You're missing the point.

The board rules exist for a reason, and that reason no doubt has to do with TJ's potential liability issues if something should happen in here that produces damage traced to this board. I didn't make the rules...he did...and I don't recall there being exception clauses, though I've not gone back to examine exactly word for word what was stated, just the general admonition not to post phone numbers.

The number is out there in a newspaper, placed there by the person who made that decision. You're right...any harassment or repercussions she suffers as a result of that is on her, BUT...you *might* be adding yourself or the OM to culpability claims because you're taking it further. You're not just adding it to the internet, you're actually suggesting she be harassed or in your words "pranked", which means you've now added yourself to the process as a potential causal agent if some future incident occurs. In a litigeous society...that's unwise. The problem you could have...is that you're not only disseminating the number where the individual did not put it, but you're directly advocating some action she never intended. That puts you, and possibly by extention...the OM itself...in jeopardy of some kind of legal action. Whether this wouldl fly in court or not..who knows and that's not the point...because you can get sued even if there's no good case and wind up having to pay to defend yourself.

It just doesn't seem wise to end run the board rules so you can get your jollies with a joke, and BTW...I'm the KING of practical jokes. Sometimes you gotta look at all sides of something before doing it.

As to my opinion of the board members, your assessment is untrue...but it also has nothing to do with this. Nobody on this board knows the character or issues people have in here so there's no justification for skirting the rules of the board based on some ill-advised trust factor that you think people deserve because they're Bronco fans or post in here.

I don't care either way...I'm only saying you ought to err on the side of caution if you're smart.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:45 AM   #6
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

I see either you or a mod took the number down, so obviously something I said made sense.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:57 AM   #7
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
I see either you or a mod took the number down, so obviously something I said made sense.
Post #1 of this thread.....

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=72896

... straight from the keyboard of the boss man, leaves little doubt as to what the rule is regarding the posting here on the Mane of contact info.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:30 AM   #8
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post

... straight from the keyboard of the boss man, leaves little doubt as to what the rule is regarding the posting here on the Mane of contact info.
I can't believe you have so little respect for your fellow board members. Why do you even associate with them?
Old 05-28-2009, 01:37 AM   #9
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
I can't believe you have so little respect for your fellow board members. Why do you even associate with them?
It's not the first time I've ever edited a phone number out of a post... and it probably won't be the last.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #10
TexanBob
Don't Argue With Me

You Know I'm Right

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darris Nash

Editing the number is the board moderator's decision and I'm fine with it. Although I would say the *intent* of the rule was to prevent people from harassing other board members and this is not the case.

My posting the phone number here is no different than all the people who post crap on YouTube from a gazillion different sources, legit and not legit, with seemingly no concern to the possible liability of their actions.

You are right in that it is probably wise for OM, legally, not to reveal the number. I just felt that this woman was already waving any right to privacy by advertising her number in such a way.

She also apparently doesn't know that USA Today Sports Weekly doesn't cover basketball. They just cover baseball, football and occasionally Neckcar.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #11
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBob View Post
Editing the number is the board moderator's decision and I'm fine with it. Although I would say the *intent* of the rule was to prevent people from harassing other board members and this is not the case.

My posting the phone number here is no different than all the people who post crap on YouTube from a gazillion different sources, legit and not legit, with seemingly no concern to the possible liability of their actions.

You are right in that it is probably wise for OM, legally, not to reveal the number. I just felt that this woman was already waving any right to privacy by advertising her number in such a way.

She also apparently doesn't know that USA Today Sports Weekly doesn't cover basketball. They just cover baseball, football and occasionally Neckcar.
Thanks for understanding that anytime there's any doubt, the mods are going to take the action that is believed to be in the best interests of the OrangeMane...
Old 05-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #12
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post

See if you would just ban him we would not have to worry about such things as "rules"
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #13
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortoh View Post
See if you would just ban him we would not have to worry about such things as "rules"
... when the cat's away the mice will play, eh?