The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default For all the Laker fans

Congratulations guys. You won the WWE match between the Lakers and Nuggets (probably with the refs help too). So tonight anyway you got that goin for ya.

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/vid...?cid=2009EP-00
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2009, 12:54 AM   #2
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

SP, as much as I want the Lakers to lose you are probably jumping the gun a bit. It's 2-2 which is the same as the road team losing every game and it will be a miracle if the nuggets pull off the series even though they have been the better team so far I suggest keeping the talk to a minimum.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:22 AM   #3
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

ya think? Series is tied up and court advantage is still Lakers.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:49 AM   #4
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Nuggets DOMINATED the boards.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:00 AM   #5
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
Nuggets DOMINATED the boards.
if they play like that on wednesday, they can have the opportunity to wrap this series up in Denver.

when Denver's front court is on, they can beat anyone.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:15 AM   #6
DeusExManning
Ring of Famer

We still have home court, Phil Jackson will make the approprirate adjustments, Bynum will get more minutes and is playing better. This next game will tell us a lot. Any time I start talking smack it comes back to bite me so you can have that Karma. Go Lakers.
DeusExManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:41 AM   #7
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Go Nuggs!! I still have a scary feeling Lakers are gonna win in 7. I think the nuggs are the better team in this series, but one of the main intangibles is deep playoff experience for this lakers squad, including their dumba&& coach.

Gotta gett'er done in 6 Nuggs!!
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:55 AM   #8
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

As long as they Lakers have Kobe Bryant they have a "striker's chance" b/c of his ability to take over the 4th quarter. I think George Karl summed it up perfectly yesterday, they Nuggets have the better overall team and have out-played the Lakers so far, but the Lakers have a better finisher.

As many have already stated, if J.R. shows up the Nuggets will role. Last night was the first game he got his game going and despite Melo scoring only 15 (3 for 16 shooting night), the Nugs won by 20. I just wish J.R. would "act like he's been there before" after making a nice shot. Seems like every 3 pointer he drains, he is doing some retarded "I ride the short bus" type of dance. Reminds me of the Broncos LBs that would celebrate every tackle, even if it was 15 yards down field for a first down on 3rd and 14. Oh well, if he brings his game and the Nugs win by 20, I'll "settle" for it.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:15 AM   #9
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
As long as they Lakers have Kobe Bryant they have a "striker's chance" b/c of his ability to take over the 4th quarter. I think George Karl summed it up perfectly yesterday, they Nuggets have the better overall team and have out-played the Lakers so far, but the Lakers have a better finisher.

As many have already stated, if J.R. shows up the Nuggets will role. Last night was the first game he got his game going and despite Melo scoring only 15 (3 for 16 shooting night), the Nugs won by 20. I just wish J.R. would "act like he's been there before" after making a nice shot. Seems like every 3 pointer he drains, he is doing some retarded "I ride the short bus" type of dance. Reminds me of the Broncos LBs that would celebrate every tackle, even if it was 15 yards down field for a first down on 3rd and 14. Oh well, if he brings his game and the Nugs win by 20, I'll "settle" for it.

LMAO!! I was just saying this during last nights game, between him doing that dumbas$ dance down the sideline and Kobe's(I trying to look mean and tough)face, I think it is a toss up as to who's antics were more retarded!!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:10 AM   #10
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
I just wish J.R. would "act like he's been there before" after making a nice shot. Seems like every 3 pointer he drains, he is doing some retarded "I ride the short bus" type of dance.
He's swaggin'! My good friend Jon takes pictures for Hoopsworld and snapped this one last night:

montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #11
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
He's swaggin'! My good friend Jon takes pictures for Hoopsworld and snapped this one last night:

J.R. was acting like an ass last night. Hopefully, he keeps playing that way, though.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:26 AM   #12
philiptr2
Gunslinger

DRAW!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
J.R. was acting like an ass last night. Hopefully, he keeps playing that way, though.
I used to hate when JR acted like that...but now I just know its his way of getting himself pumped up. Everytime he starts beating his chest and waving his arms, he becomes unstoppable. His confidence is the key to his game.
philiptr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #13
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by philiptr2 View Post
I used to hate when JR acted like that...but now I just know its his way of getting himself pumped up. Everytime he starts beating his chest and waving his arms, he becomes unstoppable. His confidence is the key to his game.
That's the biggest problem with his game. The home crowd eats that silly crap up, and it gets him pumped. When he's on the road he wont get that reaction and he doesn't play to the same level.
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:57 AM   #14
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

If the Lakers start driving to the hoop instead of taking long jumpshots I don't think the way Denver plays rough haking defense is going to work in their favor but if LA settles for jumpshooting all the time Denver has a good chance to win this
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:59 AM   #15
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
if they play like that on wednesday, they can have the opportunity to wrap this series up in Denver.

when Denver's front court is on, they can beat anyone.
Well I'm glad you used the word "if". I'm sure you don't want to put your foot in your mouth again. Being as wrong as wrong can be must suck.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:07 AM   #16
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

JR Smith is freaking mental midget. He needs to cut that crap out. And he makes the most retarded faces I have ever seen, it just purpetuates the mental midget persona he has.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #17
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:

I just wish J.R. would "act like he's been there before" after making a nice shot. Seems like every 3 pointer he drains, he is doing some retarded "I ride the short bus" type of dance. Reminds me of the Broncos LBs that would celebrate every tackle, even if it was 15 yards down field for a first down on 3rd and 14.
His act is pretty annoying. I usually have some level of respect for a player that is just beating my favorite team. I don't like them, but I can respect what they're doing. Like Melo in the first few games. Dude was a beast. I hated what he was doing to my Lakers, but I had nothing but respect for it. Same with Bullips. Killed the Lakers in the Finals with the Pistons, and he's hit some big shots in this series. Every big shot he has that smile on his face. I hate it, but I can respect it. Kind of like how I don't hate the Colts. I hate that they beat our Broncos, but I don't hate them. They're just better.

But J.R. Smith, I can't respect anything he's doing. Dude finally shows up big, and he acts like he's been balling like that all series. He was acting like he's a All Star or something. I'm all for celebrating, but come on.

His antics just goes to show how soft this Lakers team is. Past Laker teams wouldn't have allowed that BS. The Showtime Lakers had a number of players that would have busted him in his ass for showboating. The 3 Peat Lakers had players that would have done the same. People look at Rick Fox as a pretty boy, but there was a reason why he was a starter and got some much playing time, and it wasn't because of his jump shot. Dude was an enforcer out there, and he'd knock some players around to show that the Lakers weren't playing that BS. The Lakers don't have a player like that. Well, D Fish is tough, but how tough is your team if the point guard is the only one willing to knock some heads around? Kobe would do it, but you can't have your star player getting into that, and Kobe has 5 T's already.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:05 PM   #18
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
JR Smith is freaking mental midget. He needs to cut that crap out. And he makes the most retarded faces I have ever seen, it just purpetuates the mental midget persona he has.

I think some of Kobe's faces are neck in neck with JR's
Old 05-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #19
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncswin View Post
I think some of Kobe's faces are neck in neck with JR's
Oh for sure thanks for pointing that out. If he licks his lips one more time I will go insane!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #20
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

meh still better than that whiny ass biatch Kobe.Every time someone makes a shot,touches him,or a foul doesn't go his way, he gets this "it's the end of the world", "i want my momma", constipated look.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #21
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
His act is pretty annoying. I usually have some level of respect for a player that is just beating my favorite team. I don't like them, but I can respect what they're doing. Like Melo in the first few games. Dude was a beast. I hated what he was doing to my Lakers, but I had nothing but respect for it. Same with Bullips. Killed the Lakers in the Finals with the Pistons, and he's hit some big shots in this series. Every big shot he has that smile on his face. I hate it, but I can respect it. Kind of like how I don't hate the Colts. I hate that they beat our Broncos, but I don't hate them. They're just better.

But J.R. Smith, I can't respect anything he's doing. Dude finally shows up big, and he acts like he's been balling like that all series. He was acting like he's a All Star or something. I'm all for celebrating, but come on.

His antics just goes to show how soft this Lakers team is. Past Laker teams wouldn't have allowed that BS. The Showtime Lakers had a number of players that would have busted him in his ass for showboating. The 3 Peat Lakers had players that would have done the same. People look at Rick Fox as a pretty boy, but there was a reason why he was a starter and got some much playing time, and it wasn't because of his jump shot. Dude was an enforcer out there, and he'd knock some players around to show that the Lakers weren't playing that BS. The Lakers don't have a player like that. Well, D Fish is tough, but how tough is your team if the point guard is the only one willing to knock some heads around? Kobe would do it, but you can't have your star player getting into that, and Kobe has 5 T's already.
Very true...the problem with basketball lately is that they are using technicals to calm the games down and to tone down the showboating...what they really need to do is just let "nature" take its course....

the new guys in the league do this stuff because they get away with it...at worst they get hit with a "T"...you used to get hit with an elbow to the sternum instead.....you never wanted to be the guy showboating because you would get taken down a few pegs real quick...kinda like in hockey
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:07 PM   #22
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

bump spdirty! Where is your wrestling now? Lakers in 6. Great series though. Denver was the #2 seed and stayed exactly where they were placed. Don tlet Billups go as he has a knack for making the Conference finals.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #23
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
bump spdirty! Where is your wrestling now? Lakers in 6. Great series though. Denver was the #2 seed and stayed exactly where they were placed. Don tlet Billups go as he has a knack for making the Conference finals.
uggh. Knew someone would bump it though.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:43 PM   #24
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
uggh. Knew someone would bump it though.
sorry man, that sucks.

bump.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:22 AM   #25
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Go Lakers.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote