The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default Some people are just out there man!

I was talking with this guy at work the other day and he told me something very very strange. We argue back and forth alot about politics (he is as die hard right as you can get, while I lean left) but we also talk about a bunch of other stuff. We got to talking about technology in space and how we could never achieve light speed and all that stuff. Then he threw his haymaker. He told me that all the technology we have is from aliens. In his own words after I said WTF, he goes

"oh yeah, were do you think Fiber Optics came from? There's nobody on this planet who could think of that. All this stuff is from alien technology. I really believe we have capture aliens and their technology from Roswell".

That right there got me thinking about this one thing I heard from a dude in high school. He actually thinks we (humans) are farmed. This was in 1987, long before The Matrix came out. He thinks humans are farmed here on Earth and thousands each year are abducted and taken to begin farms on new planets.

You hear about people that think this way but when you actually come across one who is telling you this face to face with all sincerity, it kinda gives you the creeps. You realize, there are some pretty weird people out there.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2009, 11:12 PM   #2
Conklin
Ring of Famer

your the one that is mis-informed. I have had an alien encounter and can testify to their existence. Their purpose, however, remains a mystery.
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conklin View Post
your the one that is mis-informed. I have had an alien encounter and can testify to their existence. Their purpose, however, remains a mystery.
Are you a Republican? Just askin

What was your so called experience?
Old 05-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #4
Jason7730
Seasoned Veteran

So what high school did you go too, AZ?
Jason7730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #5
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Okay, I'm just gonna throw this out there. If anybody has had "an experience" with aliens, I don't discount them. An experience can be in somebody's mind and they can actually believe it's 100% real, even though it is not. There have been studies on the human brain and once the brain is in a certain state, it can actually create an experience to a person that seems more real then life itself, but actually it's not real.

Aliens, as most people describe them, are living matter, made of living tissue, most of the time they have eyes, mouths, limbs, etc.

Here's what's wrong this whole picture. Let's assume these aliens are very advanced in their technology compared to ours. Okay, we'll give them that. But even though we (humans) are not advanced enough for long space travel, we do know for a fact that it's almost impossible to do. Some scientists argue that it's not possible at all.

We've searched the skies for our closest neighbors and discovered many many galaxies. All those galaxies have a central star, thus keeping those planets in orbit, creating a galaxy. In all of those galaxies, you have a very small zone that a planet must be in to sustain life. If it's too close to the star, it's too hot for life, if it's too far away, it's too cold for life. Actually, a planet even has to be of a certain size to sustain life. And lastly, it actually has to spin on an axis, such as earth does. Of all the closest galaxies, only a few of them have planets in this so called "life zone" and those planets were on the very edges of those zones, unlike earth, which sits right smack in the middle of this "life zone". The spin is important, it's how gravity is created. If it spins too fast, life could not flourish, it would stay in pretty much a single celled state. If it doesn't spin fast enough, there would be no gravity. You could say, within hundreds of close by studied galaxies featuring many many planets, only earth really has all those ingredients to support life.

Okay, I go into all that to suggest, if Aliens did exist, they certainly had to come a long long long long way to get here. In fact, probably hundreds if not thousands of light years away. Nothing is faster then light speed and that is a known fact. I don't care what kind of advanced technology you can imagine, but light speed is impossible to create in a so called "flying object". No other objects in space fly at light speed so it's easy to understand that nothing but light can actually travel at that speed. So let's just say they can travel at 1/3 of light speed, which is still hauling ass. What kind of artificial gravity system would be needed..........one that is virtually impossible to manufacture. Then you have subatomic particles that go through anything. What about the life span of these aliens. Do they just hop on a ship from thousands of light years away, knowing their journey here would take maybe a million years? I doubt even aliens live a million years.

Just understand, when you say you believe in Aliens, you are saying that they basically defy the laws of physics. That's a bit far fetched in my book. I'd believe there was a bigfoot before I believed aliens from a planet far far away were here at earth.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:46 PM   #6
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I was talking with this guy at work the other day and he told me something very very strange. We argue back and forth alot about politics (he is as die hard right as you can get, while I lean left) but we also talk about a bunch of other stuff. We got to talking about technology in space and how we could never achieve light speed and all that stuff. Then he threw his haymaker. He told me that all the technology we have is from aliens. In his own words after I said WTF, he goes

"oh yeah, were do you think Fiber Optics came from? There's nobody on this planet who could think of that. All this stuff is from alien technology. I really believe we have capture aliens and their technology from Roswell".
That's from a History Channel special. They just re-ran it a couple nights ago at 2 am. Some retired Army Officer claimed he ran the reverse engineering of the Roswell crash and used it to invent

Fiber Optics
Kevlar
Lasers
and a few other things

Then they debunked it step by step. They had the DuPont woman who actually invented Kevlar, and spent the majority of her life doing it, along with the other tech inventions, and basically showed step by step how it's bull****. On top of that, it's insulting to human ingenuity.

Not saying aliens don't exist or aren't here, because that subject fascinates the hell out of me. But as for their technology... none of those examples apply.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:55 PM   #7
Jason7730
Seasoned Veteran

You have to change ' light time ' as opposed to ' light speed '. The theory is you can change time.
Jason7730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:57 PM   #8
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
That's from a History Channel special. They just re-ran it a couple nights ago at 2 am. Some retired Army Officer claimed he ran the reverse engineering of the Roswell crash and used it to invent

Fiber Optics
Kevlar
Lasers
and a few other things

Then they debunked it step by step. They had the DuPont woman who actually invented Kevlar, and spent the majority of her life doing it, along with the other tech inventions, and basically showed step by step how it's bull****. On top of that, it's insulting to human ingenuity.

Not saying aliens don't exist or aren't here, because that subject fascinates the hell out of me. But as for their technology... none of those examples apply.
Yeah, this guy at my work is big on the conspiracy stuff. Some of those things all go together.

I don't suggest there is not life out there somewhere either. The universe is a pretty damn big place. But, we are advanced enough to know certain things. If an alien society did exist, most certainly they are not very close to us at all. We've studied the closest galaxies and to a large extent the scientific community agrees on much of what I stated above. You ask yourself, how do they know this stuff. You'd be surprised if you turned on the science channel once in awhile and see the tools and programs they have that help them understand these things. It's all explained in great detail. In particular, the show that I watched which described how unique our planet is, and why it's able to support life. I never knew there was a so called "life zone". Then they go into all these things that explain why 99% of the planets in all of these galaxies could not support life, you understand why. Even single celled organisms could not live on most of these planets. And the very very few planets they feel could, they don't have ALL the optimal features that support life to the extent earth does. It really gives you a neat understanding just how unique our planet really is. I mean, it's right smack in the middle of a "life zone" and no other planets even within thousands of light years away, are in a life zone. Only a few are on the borders of a life zone and those don't even have axis spin, so they have no gravity. Pretty cool stuff.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #9
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Yeah, this guy at my work is big on the conspiracy stuff. Some of those things all go together.

I don't suggest there is not life out there somewhere either. The universe is a pretty damn big place. But, we are advanced enough to know certain things. If an alien society did exist, most certainly they are not very close to us at all. We've studied the closest galaxies and to a large extent the scientific community agrees on much of what I stated above. You ask yourself, how do they know this stuff. You'd be surprised if you turned on the science channel once in awhile and see the tools and programs they have that help them understand these things. It's all explained in great detail. In particular, the show that I watched which described how unique our planet is, and why it's able to support life. I never knew there was a so called "life zone". Then they go into all these things that explain why 99% of the planets in all of these galaxies could not support life, you understand why. Even single celled organisms could not live on most of these planets. And the very very few planets they feel could, they don't have ALL the optimal features that support life to the extent earth does. It really gives you a neat understanding just how unique our planet really is. I mean, it's right smack in the middle of a "life zone" and no other planets even within thousands of light years away, are in a life zone. Only a few are on the borders of a life zone and those don't even have axis spin, so they have no gravity. Pretty cool stuff.
I don't think it's nearly as rare as you do, and yeah, I've read all the same. Even a "requirement" for a Jupiter to have it's gravity pull asteroids before they reset our evolutionary development, etc.

I discount very little as "impossible", but reverse engineering a supposed crash, when there's decades worth of actual study and development into the actual invention of these things, IS just silly.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:08 AM   #10
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbs7730 View Post
You have to change ' light time ' as opposed to ' light speed '. The theory is you can change time.
I've watched many shows on that also and those theories only say that you can change time based on one thing, another dimension. And I would believe aliens could have a thriving city on Mars before I would believe in multiple dimensions of space. Even the hardest core scientist struggles with that. Even Hawkins suggests he has no idea of how that would even be possible. So far, the "string" theory is the closest anybody could come up with but it's filled with so many flaws, it's not funny".

http://www.jyi.org/features/ft.php?id=496

Last edited by ZONA; 05-25-2009 at 12:10 AM..
Old 05-25-2009, 12:20 AM   #11
slyinky

Thar she Blows!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

slyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:39 AM   #12
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyinky View Post
Seen that one several times. Basically they are saying Aliens would have to collapse space itself to to achieve space travel from that far away. So now we've gone from them being able to fly super fast to collapsing space (which means, as that guy stated, everything within that space, stars, blackholes, planets, nebulas, etc.). I don't think most people realize just what kind of energy it would take to collapse space, and large chunks of it at that. Can you imagine what it would take to just make our solar system and thousands around it, just vanish? And, as they also suggest, you never know what the outcome would be if you could do it. What other forces could be generated if you did that? It would be like rolling the a set of 50K dice and expecting them all to come up with the number 6. And if they could do that stuff, would they just come by to spy on us or watch us? Who's to say they wouldn't have already squashed other civilizations on accident by collapsing space on there way here? Do you see?

But one thing you do realize, even though nothing is ever impossible so they say, you realize how close to impossible it really is, for Aliens to travel through far reaches of space. The odds are so against it that it's not even funny. The odds are much much higher that people who swear the truth to have had an encounter, that it was their own mind creating that experience.

Last edited by ZONA; 05-25-2009 at 12:44 AM..
Old 05-25-2009, 01:08 AM   #13
slyinky

Thar she Blows!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Seen that one several times. Basically they are saying Aliens would have to collapse space itself to to achieve space travel from that far away. So now we've gone from them being able to fly super fast to collapsing space (which means, as that guy stated, everything within that space, stars, blackholes, planets, nebulas, etc.). I don't think most people realize just what kind of energy it would take to collapse space, and large chunks of it at that. Can you imagine what it would take to just make our solar system and thousands around it, just vanish? And, as they also suggest, you never know what the outcome would be if you could do it. What other forces could be generated if you did that? It would be like rolling the a set of 50K dice and expecting them all to come up with the number 6. And if they could do that stuff, would they just come by to spy on us or watch us? Who's to say they wouldn't have already squashed other civilizations on accident by collapsing space on there way here? Do you see?

But one thing you do realize, even though nothing is ever impossible so they say, you realize how close to impossible it really is, for Aliens to travel through far reaches of space. The odds are so against it that it's not even funny. The odds are much much higher that people who swear the truth to have had an encounter, that it was their own mind creating that experience.
Just for the record I've neither seen, nor do I believe that Earth has been visited by, aliens. I was just posting a video on theoretic possibilities in regards to space travel. But, to think that it is impossible is short sighted IMO. Just look at things that 20, 50 or 100 years ago were thought impossible but are now a reality. Now consider an alien civilization 1 million years more advanced than ours. Their technological capabilities would be inconceivable to us. As was stated at the end of the video, we lead but a primitive existence in relation to the 3 type civilization model.
slyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:27 AM   #14
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
You hear about people that think this way but when you actually come across one who is telling you this face to face with all sincerity, it kinda gives you the creeps. You realize, there are some pretty weird people out there.
I usually use the worm hole to pay a visit home.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:44 AM   #15
LordHelmchen
Single-Malt

Quote:
Here's what's wrong this whole picture. Let's assume these aliens are very advanced in their technology compared to ours. Okay, we'll give them that. But even though we (humans) are not advanced enough for long space travel, we do know for a fact that it's almost impossible to do. Some scientists argue that it's not possible at all.

We've searched the skies for our closest neighbors and discovered many many galaxies. All those galaxies have a central star, thus keeping those planets in orbit, creating a galaxy. In all of those galaxies, you have a very small zone that a planet must be in to sustain life. If it's too close to the star, it's too hot for life, if it's too far away, it's too cold for life. Actually, a planet even has to be of a certain size to sustain life. And lastly, it actually has to spin on an axis, such as earth does. Of all the closest galaxies, only a few of them have planets in this so called "life zone" and those planets were on the very edges of those zones, unlike earth, which sits right smack in the middle of this "life zone". The spin is important, it's how gravity is created. If it spins too fast, life could not flourish, it would stay in pretty much a single celled state. If it doesn't spin fast enough, there would be no gravity. You could say, within hundreds of close by studied galaxies featuring many many planets, only earth really has all those ingredients to support life.
I think you are confusing solar/planetary systems and galaxies
LordHelmchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:00 AM   #16
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Are you a Republican?

Just askin What was your so called experience?
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:22 AM   #17
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

how is that guy so out there in your thinking. look at the universe, ever expanding millions of galaxies with millions of other planets, and it is weird to think earth is the only planet with life?

there is a lot of strange **** in the world, and while i am not as paranoid as some of the people discussed in this thread, i do believe in alien beings, and the possibility of abduction.

basically i keep an open mind. too many stories and accounts of people who have supposedly had interaction with aliens to just disregard it all.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:59 AM   #18
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Nobody could think of a see-through wire? I can see how that is a big leap of faith.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:23 AM   #19
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

Roswell imo, most certainly happened. That is, whatever they found was not from around here. There is a ton of evidence to suggest this is the case. Could we have back-engineered stuff from this crash? Possibly. But I'd guess it would take a lot longer to do so than people think.

Colonel Corso's book talks all about it, but I think he is a fraud and a liar.

If you want the real-deal about Roswell, read Crash at Corona. This was written by Stanton Friedman, who is imo, the most solid ufo researcher out there. He is a nuclear physicist who has worked at the top companies, working on many secret projects, and does NOT believe just any ufo story that rolls along. He approaches it analytically, and carefully. He is the one who "discovered" Roswell from witnesses he talked to, and spent 10 years researching it, and finally wrote a book about it.

If you read that book, you may well change your mind about Roswell, and then in turn, about ufos in general.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:26 AM   #20
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Are you a Republican? Just askin

What was your so called experience?
i've had no experience, i was just yankin your chain to get an extra reaction outta ya
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:44 AM   #21
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I love that people think aliens would travel all the way here to steal our cow testicles and stick prods in our butts. I also love that they are so powerful and capable of doing what they want with us they feel the need to hide and that the government doesn't want us to know because...us knowing would be really bad...for some reason.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:44 AM   #22
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

That's it Conk, I'm voting you out next round.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:45 AM   #23
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I love that people think aliens would travel all the way here to steal our cow testicles and stick prods in our butts. I also love that they are so powerful and capable of doing what they want with us they feel the need to hide and that the government doesn't want us to know because...us knowing would be really bad...for some reason.
Maybe it's a reality show and they just have awesome senses of humor
Old 05-25-2009, 08:48 AM   #24
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I have been to Roswell several times , something did crash there ....But if Aliens were real what would that do to our religious structure ?
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #25
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
At some point we may have the capabilities to fly to some far off planet that has life. If that ever becomes possible, I'm pretty sure NASA would send up a scientist who would abduct a living being from that way off planet, and have that scientist stick a prod up its butt. What else are they going to do?

I'm just saying....
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote