The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,407

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default WomensMedia hacked

Yikes. If squeemish do not click. Very misogynist.

http://womensmedia.com/
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

you are on fire my man....this has made my day....
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,135

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Why'd you do it?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,407

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Why'd you do it?
Unfortunately I know nothing about computers, otherwise I'd like to think I could've made it a LITTLE funnier
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,135

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Unfortunately I know nothing about computers, otherwise I'd like to think I could've made it a LITTLE funnier
OK stick to that story.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #6
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh
 
Flex Gunmetal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: COLORADO
Posts: 3,075

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblueblooded View Post
you are on fire my man....this has made my day....
+1
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #7
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Go Avs!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 44,518

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

That was so gross.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:40 PM   #8
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,062
Default

They took it down.

What was it?
Ratboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #9
DHallblows
Ring of Famer
 
DHallblows's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 2,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTribbey View Post
They took it down.

What was it?
Wow, that was fast
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #10
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,113

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTribbey View Post
They took it down.

What was it?
Picture of me.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:16 AM   #11
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City
 
ZachKC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 9,830

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTribbey View Post
They took it down.

What was it?
A gentle touch forced a hum from his lips as soft fingertips crept across his left arm. It was a touch he knew well, and yet one he had yearned to know better through years of infatuation. The same touch that had inspired his actions of heroism with a more than modest aspect of boast throughout years. “Hey.” Her soft voice barely cracked through the silent night.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #12
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

NSFW

But worth looking at anyway.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1340/54408012.png

Hope this makes the day for those who didn't see it. (I happen to hate Feminists - taking Gender Studies in college only strengthen that hate).

Also, the site was hacked by an anonymous 4chan user... not anyone here.

Last edited by UberBroncoMan; 05-24-2009 at 01:44 PM..
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:39 PM   #13
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,407

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Cough... didn't post the pic because it's definitely against Mane rules, fyi...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:42 PM   #14
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Cough... didn't post the pic because it's definitely against Mane rules, fyi...
I guess I'll just put a link to the pic then.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #15
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,497
Default

Well I looked at it, not exactly the best example of mankind, but it didn't seem much worse then half the crap I see posted by the guys on this board about women. yeah I saw the 30% thing, but I know reading a portion of what some guys have written on here about that, a lot would agree (and I have seen that demotivator posted in a thread here before, I think it was the one about slapping women or something along those lines). There's a point where humor just devolves into hate and a lot of people (male and female) cross that line alot.
I think this whole thread was posted with the intention to rile people up, the fact that not a lot of the guys really objected says one of two things, they agree, or they just wanted to stay out of the argument and avoid the discussion of feminism (which this does bring up). Not sure what most men think feminism is, but started out initially to get women equality and to teach us to value ourselves as women and as people. That's at least how I was brought up. Women and men are different, but equal in terms of worth or should be considered to be ideally (and when I say that I mean, equal punishments, equal rewards...if men are drafted so should women be, etc).
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #16
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,407

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Independent View Post
Well I looked at it, not exactly the best example of mankind, but it didn't seem much worse then half the crap I see posted by the guys on this board about women. yeah I saw the 30% thing, but I know reading a portion of what some guys have written on here about that, a lot would agree (and I have seen that demotivator posted in a thread here before, I think it was the one about slapping women or something along those lines). There's a point where humor just devolves into hate and a lot of people (male and female) cross that line alot.
I think this whole thread was posted with the intention to rile people up, the fact that not a lot of the guys really objected says one of two things, they agree, or they just wanted to stay out of the argument and avoid the discussion of feminism (which this does bring up). Not sure what most men think feminism is, but started out initially to get women equality and to teach us to value ourselves as women and as people. That's at least how I was brought up. Women and men are different, but equal in terms of worth or should be considered to be ideally (and when I say that I mean, equal punishments, equal rewards...if men are drafted so should women be, etc).
You posted the "Women's Remote Control For Men", right...?

Just sayin...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #17
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
You posted the "Women's Remote Control For Men", right...?

Just sayin...
it's true and I own that I occasionally um, let's just say, walk a fine line between being a smart ass and being serious...I did mention that both genders are guilty of making the errors. I freely admit, though am not proud of it, that I sometimes believe a bit too heavily in the stereotypes about men and also openly objectified Daniel Craig in Casino Royale (hey you guys get your bimbos, I admit I have my himbos too). I would not say it is okay to abuse men though and I think Lorena Bobbitt should've been locked up forever. Women can be ****wits too. I think that's a human condition, not a gender one.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #18
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,407

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Independent View Post
it's true and I own that I occasionally um, let's just say, walk a fine line between being a smart ass and being serious...I did mention that both genders are guilty of making the errors. I freely admit, though am not proud of it, that I sometimes believe a bit too heavily in the stereotypes about men and also openly objectified Daniel Craig in Casino Royale (hey you guys get your bimbos, I admit I have my himbos too). I would not say it is okay to abuse men though and I think Lorena Bobbitt should've been locked up forever. Women can be ****wits too. I think that's a human condition, not a gender one.
I just think there's a serious PC issue with the world today. Somethings are terrible, and terribly funny all at once. And jokes can be made without condoning a thing.

I dated a feminist that worked in a bakery... that's very funny to me.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #19
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Go Avs!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 44,518

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post

Also, the site was hacked by an anonymous 4chan user... not anyone here.
4chan!?!?!
Attached Images
 
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #20
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,407

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
4chan!?!?!
I like how the only circle they're not involved with is girls
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #21
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,113

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I dated a feminist that worked in a bakery... that's very funny to me.
LMAO...that is pretty ironic.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:38 PM   #22
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Independent View Post
Well I looked at it, not exactly the best example of mankind, but it didn't seem much worse then half the crap I see posted by the guys on this board about women. yeah I saw the 30% thing, but I know reading a portion of what some guys have written on here about that, a lot would agree (and I have seen that demotivator posted in a thread here before, I think it was the one about slapping women or something along those lines). There's a point where humor just devolves into hate and a lot of people (male and female) cross that line alot.
I think this whole thread was posted with the intention to rile people up, the fact that not a lot of the guys really objected says one of two things, they agree, or they just wanted to stay out of the argument and avoid the discussion of feminism (which this does bring up). Not sure what most men think feminism is, but started out initially to get women equality and to teach us to value ourselves as women and as people. That's at least how I was brought up. Women and men are different, but equal in terms of worth or should be considered to be ideally (and when I say that I mean, equal punishments, equal rewards...if men are drafted so should women be, etc).
I am one of the worst people on this board when it comes to feminism and i am proud to say i offended many of you. I hosted a small market radio show a few months back and got into it with one of the woman callers about the history of Matriarchy..

she didn't understand my view, so I wrote a demeaning rap song about how she was only good for sucking my balls and she should get back to work.

The reason i do this, is not because I am a woman hater, but because I think the issue of feminism has gone too far and I get a kick out of upsetting men and woman who can't see the world clearly.

Simply put, I agree with you word for word and believe men and woman, although different, should be completely equal in our society. I think men and woman together, form a perfect union and that the interlocking of these differences creates a perfect person.

I am engaged, and getting married later this year and am almost religious in my values regarding our spiritual and literal connection.

but....

I am so ****ing sick and tired of the feminist movement. It is no longer about equality,or bringing women up, it is purely about bring men down. men today are taught that they are stupid, war mongering cock obsessed morons and that woman are peaceful and perfect in every way.

Men are womanlike now in the way that they act and we now have a bunch of pussies who spend 4 hours a day perfectly quaffing their hair.

We are told that our basic make-up of being warrior like and willing to die to protect those that we love is wrong, and now we are confused and lost.

A handshake means nothing now, because men just file lawsuits. a man's word is second to his supposed monetary value and woman now think that being sexually loose, is part of some revolution because they watch sex and the city and don't want to be held down by the man.

woman are becoming men, and men are becoming woman. We are not living our true natures, and now everything is sliding out of whack.

I say let's be equal but different. Let us be men, and we will let you be woman.

end rant.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #23
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,135

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblueblooded View Post
I am so ****ing sick and tired of the feminist movement. It is no longer about equality,or bringing women up, it is purely about bring men down. men today are taught that they are stupid, war mongering cock obsessed morons and that woman are peaceful and perfect in every way.
Unfortunately, that description fits a pretty high percentage of men, like it or not. I won't argue that women are perfect...but on balance they seem a damn site more responsible and better human beings on several levels...not true all the time...but true more often than you probably want to admit.

For the record...there is nothing funny about domestic violence against women. Feminism...whatever it's failings...would not have ever been necessary in the first place if society hadn't conformed for centuries to paternal cultural roles that could best be defined as turning many of us into total asswipes.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #24
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,135

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Independent View Post
I think this whole thread was posted with the intention to rile people up, the fact that not a lot of the guys really objected says one of two things, they agree, or they just wanted to stay out of the argument and avoid the discussion of feminism (which this does bring up).
There's a third possibility...the very fact that it WAS posted to rile people up is the reason not to fall into the trap. Sometimes it's easier to just let an idiot speak his peace and prove your point for you.
Quote:
Not sure what most men think feminism is, but started out initially to get women equality and to teach us to value ourselves as women and as people. That's at least how I was brought up. Women and men are different, but equal in terms of worth or should be considered to be ideally (and when I say that I mean, equal punishments, equal rewards...if men are drafted so should women be, etc).
Right with you until that one...five daughters...I'd take them all to Canada before I'd let the government put them in combat.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #25
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Unfortunately, that description fits a pretty high percentage of men, like it or not. I won't argue that women are perfect...but on balance they seem a damn site more responsible and better human beings on several levels...not true all the time...but true more often than you probably want to admit.

For the record...there is nothing funny about domestic violence against women. Feminism...whatever it's failings...would not have ever been necessary in the first place if society hadn't conformed for centuries to paternal cultural roles that could best be defined as turning many of us into total asswipes.

Really? How so? What you are saying is absurd. If you really thought about it you would realize you are speaking from an agenda and are trying to quantify a subjective opinion. It can't be done. You don't know what you are talking about.

How about this...people are people. Men have certain strengths and weaknesses as do woman, and whether a person is responsible or good natured has little to do with gender, and has everything to do with character.

what you are saying is as ridiculous as black people are more prone to committing crimes than whites. Crime is linked more to socio-economic differences than the color of your skin.

It is ridiculous when you really think about it. There are plenty of great men and ****ty woman and vice versa.

the truth is an a-hole is an a-hole whether it has balls or not. Men are not worse than women in any way...and being that you are a man and saying this makes me question if you are capable of forming your own opinions or just regurgitating what you hear.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:53 AM.


Denver Broncos