The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #51
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Quote's from first movie, right?
Yes
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #52
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
First off, whats a "common"?
Common was the rapper who played Barnes. He also had 0 character development, just like Marcus and Williams.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #53
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Common was the rapper who played Barnes. He also had 0 character development, just like Marcus and Williams.
And how do you create character development when these people don't have families, homes, and all their jobs involve killing machines...?

And how much do you care about Barnes, Marcus and Williams? The ****ing story is about John Connor and robots for christs sake!
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #54
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Alright just got back and thought it was great. Whoever thinks the plot had inconsistency with the previous films, please PM whatever you're talking about because I didn't notice any...

I even like how they slid in GNR "You Could Be Mine" from the T2 soundtrack.

And the characters lack depth? Well, that's kind of fine because the characters have been in decades worth of movies so they already have established depth and connections with the viewers.

Honestly, wtf? How does someone not like this movie?
no doubt..I liked it

if you like the series, this one won't let you down.

now if you want to see a bad movie go check out paul blart Mall Cop

yee gads
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #55
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
And how do you create character development when these people don't have families, homes, and all their jobs involve killing machines...?

And how much do you care about Barnes, Marcus and Williams? The ****ing story is about John Connor and robots for christs sake!
Barnes and Williams were definitely alive for Judgement Day, so presumably they did have families, homes, and jobs before Skynet destroyed it all. It's mentioned in passing when Connor returns from the initial mission that Barnes' brother was killed on the same mission. There's something to delve into.

The last thing Marcus remembers, OTOH, was being on death row and then he wakes up in a post-apocalyptic world where the machines have taken over. He took it rather well up until the point he found out he was a hybrid, then he just wanted to find out who he made him who he was. He also tells Serena in the beginning that he killed his brother and 2 cops. He talks about redemption and a second chance at the end, but unless he told Kyle Reese about his past in the 2 minutes I walked out to take a piss, not a single perosn in the future knows why he needs to redeem himself.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #56
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Wow. I went into that movie with zero expectations because of this thread. But it was great! You guys are expecting way too much from the movie, it had great action, special effects, some terribly corny humor and a solid plot considering the **** that's came out recently. I'm glad there's at least 4 people in this thread that can appreciate a quality action movie
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #57
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Barnes and Williams were definitely alive for Judgement Day, so presumably they did have families, homes, and jobs before Skynet destroyed it all. It's mentioned in passing when Connor returns from the initial mission that Barnes' brother was killed on the same mission. There's something to delve into.

The last thing Marcus remembers, OTOH, was being on death row and then he wakes up in a post-apocalyptic world where the machines have taken over. He took it rather well up until the point he found out he was a hybrid, then he just wanted to find out who he made him who he was. He also tells Serena in the beginning that he killed his brother and 2 cops. He talks about redemption and a second chance at the end, but unless he told Kyle Reese about his past in the 2 minutes I walked out to take a piss, not a single perosn in the future knows why he needs to redeem himself.
Wow, really?

I mean, what about the Mexican guy that tries to kick Kyle Reese out of the shack when they need gas?

I'm infuriated they didn't spend 30 minutes developing him.

This should've been a 30 hour movie.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #58
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection

You givin' me a ride home Russell??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry

I will say Common SUCKED. His acting when they killed the HK with the radio was HORRIBLE.
Natedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #59
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Wow, really?

I mean, what about the Mexican guy that tries to kick Kyle Reese out of the shack when they need gas?

I'm infuriated they didn't spend 30 minutes developing him.

This should've been a 30 hour movie.
Yeah, because they should have developed the Mexican guy to the same degree as the hybrid (and the real main character in this movie), Connor's 2nd in command, and the woman who finds the hybrid after Reese is captured.
You're really reaching at this point.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #60
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Yeah, because they should have developed the Mexican guy to the same degree as the hybrid (and the real main character in this movie), Connor's 2nd in command, and the woman who finds the hybrid after Reese is captured.
You're really reaching at this point.
I was completely satisfied with how they developed Reese. The other characters didn't really have anything beyond bit roles in this movie.

Barnes goes on ONE mission with John... that lasts roughly two minutes. The girl pilot served two purposes and that's all. These two don't deserve character development. I'm sure that in the coming war, when Barnes is actually involved in the story, you'll get more.

Reese, on the other hand, had a large amount of emotional development. Even to the point where Connor is risking his own life for the machine he previously hated.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #61
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
I was completely satisfied with how they developed Reese. The other characters didn't really have anything beyond bit roles in this movie.

Barnes goes on ONE mission with John... that lasts roughly two minutes. The girl pilot served two purposes and that's all. These two don't deserve character development. I'm sure that in the coming war, when Barnes is actually involved in the story, you'll get more.

Reese, on the other hand, had a large amount of emotional development. Even to the point where Connor is risking his own life for the machine he previously hated.
First, I said nothing about Reese's development. You saw his name in my post and immediately went off on it, try re-reading my post again.

Second, Barnes is the 2nd in command of the TechCom forces. They did a **** job developing him if this was only a single movie, it was a terrible job for the first of three movies unless they plan to kill him off inbetween the two (He'll die in the next one is my guess). He and Williams are not bit characters in a three-movie arc, which is how this needs to be looked at. This movie was supposed to lay the groundwork for the next two.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #62
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
First, I said nothing about Reese's development. You saw his name in my post and immediately went off on it, try re-reading my post again.

Second, Barnes is the 2nd in command of the TechCom forces. They did a **** job developing him if this was only a single movie, it was a terrible job for the first of three movies unless they plan to kill him off inbetween the two (He'll die in the next one is my guess). He and Williams are not bit characters in a three-movie arc, which is how this needs to be looked at. This movie was supposed to lay the groundwork for the next two.
But it's also supposed to tell it's own story as a stand alone feature. Which it did.

Listen, I'm not trying to have a huge argument with you. But I think if your main complaint about the film is a lack of character development for a guy who literally had less than 10 minutes of face time... I don't get that complaint.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #63
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Rev needs to get off it.

The movie sucked. Moviegoers and critics agree.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #64
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
Rev needs to get off it.

The movie sucked. Moviegoers and critics agree.
Well, it looks like Maners disagree with your assessment.

ITT: 9 liked, 5 disliked.

But I need to get off it why?
Old 05-25-2009, 04:47 PM   #65
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Quote:
Well, it looks like Maners disagree with your assessment.

ITT: 9 liked, 5 disliked.

But I need to get off it why?
Because, despite all the arguments for, it's still not a good movie. It's just poorly put-together from a filmmaking standpoint. Yes, some of the action is kinda cool and the 3rd Act is alright, but all in all it's just rough.

Rotten Tomatoes has it at 34%.

To compare: Angels and Demons 37%, Xmen Origins: Wolverine 36%, Night at The Museum 2 43%. (T3 - 70%)
Old 05-25-2009, 05:06 PM   #66
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Because, despite all the arguments for, it's still not a good movie. It's just poorly put-together from a filmmaking standpoint. Yes, some of the action is kinda cool and the 3rd Act is alright, but all in all it's just rough.

To compare: Angels and Demons 37%, Xmen Origins: Wolverine 36%, Night at The Museum 2 43%. (T3 - 70%)
I had no idea you were actually Francis Ford Coppolla! Between that and the official results from Rotten Tomatoes, those of us that liked this movie are clearly wrong. We need to re-examine our entire outlook because of our taste in terminator.

Thanks for setting us straight.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #67
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

I (we) still enjoyed the movie and recommend it to others even knowing the rotten tomatoes dis.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:32 PM   #68
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:

That tears it, Im definitely gonna love this movie.

Rotten Tomatos and their stupid ass ****ing fans are have **** taste in movies in general and for the most part I think most movie goers want too much in a movie.

Its a ****ing movie, supposed to entertain. You want character development, read a god damn book.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:47 PM   #69
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
That tears it, Im definitely gonna love this movie.

Rotten Tomatos and their stupid ass ****ing fans are have **** taste in movies in general and for the most part I think most movie goers want too much in a movie.

Its a ****ing movie, supposed to entertain. You want character development, read a god damn book.
Nice example of the dumbing down of America.

And Rotten Tomatoes isn't a bunch of fans voting for a film. It's a compilation of the most prominent film critics in America. But hey - that might be too much for you. Good thing the film is in color, otherwise you might fall asleep.

10 bucks says you haven't understood a Best Picture nominee in the last 20 years.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #70
Bronco Bob
Tastee Freeze

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
If not, wait for the DVD. Talk about a letdown.
Without Ahnold in it what's the point?
Bronco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:18 AM   #71
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I saw it, it was good if you like the Terminator series. But, i have my beefs with it...but then it was my fault. It was T4, how much "new" stuff can they have?

In t3 or what not, he was told how he'd die (connor) - i was expecting that ending...

I want someone to do some A.R. type script rewrites and tie robocop/OCP to skynet tie ins, and to be honest - IMO - the resistence is the beginning to the start of the matrix (which is where i want another A.R. link up too)
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:55 AM   #72
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I kind of felt like the whole movie was Mad Max meets The Matrix.

It's 2018 in this movie. How is the T800 coming out when it's supposed to be new in 2029? The robot factory having touch panels and stairs for ease of use by humans was interesting, too.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #73
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

It's a good movie, worth the price of a ticket. The post apocoplyptic world in which it is set is not as dark and gloomy as the original Terminator movie where Kyle Reese has his flashbacks.

The main overall theme is still prevelant. The main theme or question is this: Fate vs. free will, in other words, can we change the future based on our actions today, or is the future set no matter what we do.

The question gets played over and over throughout these movies and it's no different in T4. The introduction of Marcus is just a variation of the same theme (fate vs. determinism).

From the first Terminator movie, the story is told that Humans have basically won the war and that the machines are taking desparate measures to change this fate. The question is, can the machines change fate? It's not so much as can humans change their fate (why would they want to, they've won) but can the machines change their fate?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #74
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:

+1

I would hardly site OM as a credible collection of movie critics.
Salvation was almost as bad as T3. T1 and T2 were great. 3 and 4 will be forgotten.
Plot holes, nonsensical, unrealistic and impossible situations, etc (Spoiler: Why capture reese, not kill him?, How can connor ride a machine bike, why do terminators throw people around instead of killing them?).
If they had a decent script to go with the great action, I would have left a happy camper.
It was a vehicle to keep the franchise alive and make some quick cash (hence the pg-13 rating), but it's unlikely the film will gross the 400 mill it cost.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #75
The Big E
Ring of Famer

I want to see it and my 9 year old son is bugging me like crazy to see it.

2 questions:

1. Is it appropriate for a 9 year old, or is it too much like letting him see Ghostbusters?
2. Would a 9 year old like it?

I have to admit that I have already watched the first 3 Terminators with my son, so can my crappy parenting really get any worse if I take him to see this?
The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote