The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Default Harrison's Pitbull bites his own 2 year old...

Great week for this douche bag, huh?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11776701

PITTSBURGH -- A pit bull owned by Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison bit his 2-year-old son in the thigh, but the boy is expected to recover though he remained hospitalized Friday, the player's agent said.

Harrison's agent, William Parise, told the Associated Press that James III was bitten after his mother let the dog out of its pen Thursday afternoon. Parise wouldn't identify the woman, but said she and Harrison's massage therapist also were hurt trying to help his son. The massage therapist needed three stitches, Parise said.

Parise said Harrison was not home at the time, but was nearby and alerted after the dog attacked. Parise has not spoken to the boy's doctors, but Harrison told the agent his son likely will be hospitalized another day or two.

Parise said the boy's injuries were "serious but certainly not life-threatening. I think any time a child is injured and requires hospitalization, it's a serious thing. I know James was very concerned about his son.
"
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Old 05-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I know James was very concerned about his son"
I think the only reason he's concerned is because it's his son...

Is there a pix of this "massage therapist" that his GF sicked the Pitt on?

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 05-22-2009 at 08:20 PM..
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I think the only reason he's concerned is because it's his son...

Is there a pix of this "massage therapist" that his GF sicked the Pitt on?

Yea, is that what they call it now days?
Old 05-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

For real, though... glad the little one is O.K..

I hope this dumb-**** loses the dog, or the police take it away.

\

Hint that you shouldn't have an animal around kids: You have to keep it in a cage.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:21 PM   #6
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
Maybe if it had bitten Harrison, but a child getting seriously hurt is just sad for everyone. Dumb on Harrison's part to have that animal anywhere near a 2-yr old, but I wouldn't wish this kind of thing on any man or his family.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:37 PM   #7
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

idiot
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:50 PM   #8
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

sorry but if that was my son and my dog ........... Dog would be dead ... I dont tolerate that
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #9
BABronco
RP2012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady

Quote:
\
Hint that you shouldn't have an animal around kids: You have to keep it in a cage.
lol bs! you just have to have the animal well trained. I grew up around dogs all my life. Been bit twice. Once by my buddies dog and once by my shepherd when i was like 3. It was my fault she was locked in the bathroom with her puppies and i just wanted to play with them at night. She just nipped my face. I had 5 shepherds at any given moment from 1-16.
BABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:23 PM   #10
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I would never allow a pit bull to be around my kids. Hell there is a Japanese Mastiff at our storage unit and he once showed his teeth when my boy was on my shoulders, I bout killed him just for doing that.

Don't know, pit bull defenders might come out, but I have never felt comfortable around those dogs myself, nevertheless so much as 50 feet from either of my boys.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #11
dbfan4life
Ring of Famer

There are just some breeds of dogs that I will never trust. Pit bull, Rotty's to name two. That's why I got me a couple of dumb mutts!
dbfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #12
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I would never allow a pit bull to be around my kids. Hell there is a Japanese Mastiff at our storage unit and he once showed his teeth when my boy was on my shoulders, I bout killed him just for doing that.

Don't know, pit bull defenders might come out, but I have never felt comfortable around those dogs myself, nevertheless so much as 50 feet from either of my boys.
only parents understand ......... Our babies mean more to us then anything else , if anything is acting hostile twords them , we become a killing machine .....
it just take a split second , we go from nurturing loving people to mad dog killers ........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #13
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
only parents understand ......... Our babies mean more to us then anything else , if anything is acting hostile twords them , we become a killing machine .....
it just take a split second , we go from nurturing loving people to mad dog killers ........
Pray every night to keep em safe, watch em close when they get daring and want to climb shlt, never trust a big animal around em. Maybe I get overprotective, but all it takes is a nightmare or a vision of something terrible and I have to check on em to make sure they are OK.

Harrison, just don't know what he was thinking, but I hope he learns from this obviously traumatic experience. He screwed up, he knows he screwed up, Ive screwed up myself. Dodged a major bullet since his son seems to be OK once out of the hospital. But my kids will never be in that kind of situation. I do want a dog, but they are still too young to know not to screw with one when you aren't suppose to, so that idea will have to wait a year or 2.

Last edited by spdirty; 05-22-2009 at 11:05 PM..
Old 05-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #14
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO

Considering my Grandma was basically killed by a pit my cousin brought into her house I think people who keep those dogs are complete morons and if it attacks and kills or maims someone it should be just as if you used a deadly weapon ...

she allowed him to move in and then he gets a pit and refused to get rid of it if it ment taking it to a pound , the week he finally found someone to take the dog it attacks her...

I personally think she or someone in my family should have called the cops when he refused to remove it ... Or just waited for him to leave and take the dog and do whatever with it ... But people are to nice ... She died a few months after this happened from complications.

http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...91/1001/NEWS01

She was hard of hearing , and my aunt had to yell sometimes for her to hear and my aunt had yelled something a second time , and my grandma yelled back I HEAR YOU (how people who can't hear often yell cause they don't know how loud they are talking) and the pit thought they was fighting and attacked them ... after being complete normal the whole time it was there.
Grandma had just wanted it gone cause it was a Pit and she was scared of it and what all she had heard on tv ....

I guess those rumors are more then just rumors ...

I have had animals all my life . Raised Norwegian Elkhounds at one point and love all animals ...
But having a dog that can kill you or someone else at a drop of a hat is wrong and should be banned or regulated ... and if you mess up and YOUR dog maims someone it should be as if YOU did it ... and charged as such .
YOU made the decision to have the animal ...
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #15
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

couldnt agree more TD. And sorry to hear about your loss.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:17 PM   #16
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German

Angry Drunken German

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD

I've seen two Pit's turn on their owners. Once the owner's kid, the other the owner himself.

No reason, no abuse, just did.

Perhaps bad breeding, I don't know, but I don't trust the ****ers...
Rausch 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #17
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch 2.0 View Post
I've seen two Pit's turn on their owners. Once the owner's kid, the other the owner himself.

No reason, no abuse, just did.

Perhaps bad breeding, I don't know, but I don't trust the ****ers...
/agree ....

And it can happen with any animal ... But it's something else when the animal can kick your @$$ and maybe kill you ...
Old 05-23-2009, 12:48 AM   #18
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
/agree ....

And it can happen with any animal ... But it's something else when the animal can kick your @$$ and maybe kill you ...
Agree, and sorry to hear that story, man.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:57 AM   #19
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO

Quote:
Agree, and sorry to hear that story, man.
thx man ...

Yea it was rough ...

You don't know if you should be mad or sad ...

Don't know if I should hate my 1st cousin , or feel sorry for him for having to live with that...

Totally Fed up ...
Old 05-23-2009, 01:09 AM   #20
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hurry Everyone call for the final soloution on pitbulls. really truely some of you all are idiots.

Never leave your kids alone around animals ... but to never have them around them is stupid. its called socialiation.

Get your Animals Fixed. especialy if you have no intention of breeding.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:14 AM   #21
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Never leave your kids alone around animals ... but to never have them around them is stupid. its called socialiation..
Sounds like the animal got out of its "cage" somehow.
Weird, I've never heard of a beagle needing to be caged around children.

Then again, an improperly socialized beagle is unlikely to rip a kid's face off... or just plain old kill them.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:28 AM   #22
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM
Never leave your kids alone around animals ... but to never have them around them is stupid. its called socialiation..
No, it's called stupid. There is a eason they are generally prohibited in reidential areas.

Just taking on the risk of liability should be enough.

Also, people don't know how these animals might behave absent their masters. How often do you hear "He wouldn't do that around me!" Well, guess what, the dog isn't always going to be around you, and can escape, particliarly if motivated to do so.

Cats are 10 times smarter anyway.

'flame away, I could care less. If I had a farm, I'd have a dog, but it wouldn't be a pitbull or Mastiff or German Sheapard.

Last edited by watermock; 05-23-2009 at 01:42 AM..
Old 05-23-2009, 02:42 AM   #23
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
No, it's called stupid. There is a eason they are generally prohibited in reidential areas.

Just taking on the risk of liability should be enough.

Also, people don't know how these animals might behave absent their masters. How often do you hear "He wouldn't do that around me!" Well, guess what, the dog isn't always going to be around you, and can escape, particliarly if motivated to do so.

Cats are 10 times smarter anyway.

'flame away, I could care less. If I had a farm, I'd have a dog, but it wouldn't be a pitbull or Mastiff or German Sheapard.

Ever see a seeing eye cat? Or a drug sniffing cat? Ever see a marine go into a mine field to clear mines with an explosive sniffing cat?

Dogs and cats score about the same on problem solving experiments, and in memory type experiments.

I think in many ways they probably are about the same, but the dog IMO wins out because of their ability to do things that cats just can't do.

Now if the cats scored higher on problem solving and memory drills then maybe you could say cats just don't want to search for drugs etc. But the reality is dogs have way more to offer man then does the cat.

What's more important to man, the dog or the cat? I say for sure the dog.

By the way my Jindo could and would happily eat your cats.

MMMMMMM she loves a good cat.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:11 AM   #24
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

So what? The conversation was about danger.

I could bring in a big cat and eat a mastiff. so what?
Old 05-23-2009, 03:57 AM   #25
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
So what? The conversation was about danger.

I could bring in a big cat and eat a mastiff. so what?
Meh you said cat's are smarter, I said they weren't. For you to focus on me making a flippant comment about my Jindo eating your cat shows what a tard you can be.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote