The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Looking to 2010 who do you want next year

1. Brandon Spikes. We need a leader from the LB Corps and he would provide that Much like Curry can play almost every single linebacker position no matter the scheme

2. Terance Cody. Its hard to pass on a guy like this. Running with the Plannet Theroy. His body of Expirence is a concern. Will he be able to play all year. Also can he stay on the field all three downs.

3. Gerald McCoy 4-3 UT 3-4 DE I like Vince better as a 3-4 end but i think he brings alot playing UT

4. Vince Oghobaase He is my favorite 3-4 end next year 6-6 300

5. Rolando McClain Makings of a great 3-4 Ted
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I like Spikes, he looks solid and is athletic enough.

Depending how this season goes I love Sam Bradford, he has a good arm, instincts and football intelligence is second to none and he very accurate.

For DT Mccoy is very interesting. Williams out of Tennessee is also interesting at DT.

Antonio Coleman is a guy I am looking at for OLB.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
PRBronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Suh out of Nebraska looks like he could be a solid 3-4 end.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

I'm still going on the basis that we'll be looking for a QB. Unfortunately we lost our shot at Bradford. Go ahead and laugh now, but Tim Tebow is going to surprise in the NFL even though he played in Urban Meyer's offense. There are NFL people who believe this. He may well go top 15 and has physical tools, terrific character and he's extremely bright, plus has the speed and mobility Orton/Simms don't. Terrance Cody would be awesome but he's going to be long gone IMO.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Who I want at 25 no idea now.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #6
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It doesnt matter since Bowlen cant pay them.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:31 AM   #7
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I'm still going on the basis that we'll be looking for a QB. Unfortunately we lost our shot at Bradford. Go ahead and laugh now, but Tim Tebow is going to surprise in the NFL even though he played in Urban Meyer's offense. There are NFL people who believe this. He may well go top 15 and has physical tools, terrific character and he's extremely bright, plus has the speed and mobility Orton/Simms don't. Terrance Cody would be awesome but he's going to be long gone IMO.
Please tell me you're not serious about Tebow. Dude will be lucky to be drafted in the 2nd round. His QB skills just don't translate to the pro game. He's just a taller version of Chris Leak.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:12 AM   #8
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Please tell me you're not serious about Tebow. Dude will be lucky to be drafted in the 2nd round. His QB skills just don't translate to the pro game. He's just a taller version of Chris Leak.
I agree that Tebow doesn't look like a pro QB, but after watching Pat White go in the second, I could see some team picking him on the first day.

This is a big year for Tebow, because UF brought in former pro offense coordinator to run the offense and be Tebow's QB coach. In the spring practicesthey ran a lot plays from under center and have modified Tebow's mechanics (feet and throwing motion).
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:25 AM   #9
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Back to the thread subject

round 1 guys - Berry, Mays, Carlos Dunlap (super freak), Cody, Jevan Snead
round 2 guys - Vince Oghobaase, Boo Robinson, Major Wright, Rob Gronkowsk
Round 3 guys - Tim Hiller, Zac Robinson, Dan LeFevour, Micah Johnson
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:29 PM   #10
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Chris Leak and Tebow are nothing alike.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:30 PM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Ndamukong Suh
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:41 AM   #12
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Absolutely, they are as different as an elephant and something that is nothing like an elephant.

Leak was a short QB with a questionable arm and Tebow is the most exciting wild-car H-back of all time.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:04 AM   #13
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
I'd bet $$$ that we will target a QB next year. McCoy, Bradford, Tebow, Snead, Hiller, Pike... the list is long of guys that could go in the first two rounds. I like Tebow b/c of his savvy. He is a rally the troops type that would fit perfectly into the team oriented/team before self type mentality McD covets. Plus he can run the Gator O, a hybrid of the Wildcat with a little more 'bite' if you catch my drift.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:08 AM   #14
RocBronc
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
I'd bet $$$ that we will target a QB next year. McCoy, Bradford, Tebow, Snead, Hiller, Pike... the list is long of guys that could go in the first two rounds. I like Tebow b/c of his savvy. He is a rally the troops type that would fit perfectly into the team oriented/team before self type mentality McD covets. Plus he can run the Gator O, a hybrid of the Wildcat with a little more 'bite' if you catch my drift.
Not to be contrarian but I think the exact opposite... I think Orton will be fine and it's not like he's over the hill. I still think defensive front 7 is our biggest need by far but after this past draft don't be fooled... McD sticks to his board rather than what "needs" we have.
RocBronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #15
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
I'll almost bet that McDipshyt takes a long snapper or trades his whole draft for a 5' backup corner
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #16
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Really? Both have questionable arm strength and terrible mechanics. Both were better runners than passers. Both players are not suited for the pro game at QB.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #17
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Really? Both have questionable arm strength and terrible mechanics. Both were better runners than passers. Both players are not suited for the pro game at QB.

They are nothing alike. Tebow doesn't have questionable arm strength either. Mechanics yes, arm strength...no.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:27 AM   #18
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

we'll see from what I've heard Florida will run more pro set offense with there spread so Teblow will throw from the pocket more
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #19
JohnnyV
Just Drafted

www.sigsbymail.com

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

I certainly agree...the Broncos could definitely use a quarterback like Tebow...
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:07 AM   #20
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yes, really.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #21
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

Bradford would be completely unstopable under josh mick, Mayes will be the next great safety in the leuge, and cody would be our next al wilson, the heart of the defense
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:46 AM   #22
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
I'm not too high on Tebow. i just see a new Vince Young with a better head on his shoulders.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:51 AM   #23
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
I certainly agree...the Broncos could definitely use a quarterback like Tebow...
the team could use a guy with Tebow's leadership, toughness, football knowledge and ability to fire up the troops. I am not sold on his skills being able to make the transition to the pro game. But i will watch him this year in Florida's supposedly more pro style offense and possibly change my mind on him.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:56 AM   #24
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocBronc View Post
Not to be contrarian but I think the exact opposite... I think Orton will be fine and it's not like he's over the hill. I still think defensive front 7 is our biggest need by far but after this past draft don't be fooled... McD sticks to his board rather than what "needs" we have.
why are you down on the fact that, instead of reaching on guys who our coaches feel may suck just because they play a position of need, they took guys who are going to contribute to the team.

reaching for guys who play positions of need is why we are stuck with a ****ty defense, paying guys like Moss and Crowder to sit on the bench or stand on the sidelines as inactives, instead of contribute.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #25
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

Eric Berry
27atwater is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: