The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default I didnt get to see the Game last night

But going through the stats ( I know Stats lie ) seems like mello out played Kobe ..... Is Carmello that good ?
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

The info you seek just might be in here.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79699
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,186
Default

Faceguarding is a wildly successful tactic against Kobe.

Just ask Shane Battier and Carmelo.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
kamakazi_kal
......
 
kamakazi_kal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller
Default

Denver did get a critical Non-call on JR in the lane at that last tip off though
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #5
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert
 
Hotrod's Avatar
 
aka Dortoh

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 25,001

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I
Default

I'm rooting for the nuggets but no Mello is not as good as Kobe

I think it is the supporting cast that makes it appear that way at times.

Kobe nailed 2 3's with mello inside of his shorts. It was insane
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:19 AM   #6
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
The info you seek just might be in here.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79699
I am not wading through all of that to find if people think Mello is better then Kobe ......... If you cant answer the question thats fine
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #7
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazi_kal View Post
Denver did get a critical Non-call on JR in the lane at that last tip off though
JR ?
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #8
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,525

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
I am not wading through all of that to find if people think Mello is better then Kobe ......... If you cant answer the question thats fine

lazy ****
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #9
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortoh View Post
I'm rooting for the nuggets but no Mello is not as good as Kobe
I think it is the supporting cast that makes it appear that way at times.

Kobe nailed 2 3's with mello inside of his shorts. It was insane
I don't think that's true anymore. He's Kobe's equal as a scorer, and is a better rebounder and a worse defender, although his defense is improving by leaps and bounds.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortoh View Post
I'm rooting for the nuggets but no Mello is not as good as Kobe

I think it is the supporting cast that makes it appear that way at times.

Kobe nailed 2 3's with mello inside of his shorts. It was insane
mello in his shorts ? ..........Nevermind
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:23 AM   #11
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
lazy ****
yeah
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #12
bronco610
OLD FART
 
bronco610's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 1,839

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Hey Spider welcome back !!!! Bout ****ing time.
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #13
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco610 View Post
Hey Spider welcome back !!!! Bout ****ing time.
during my time away , I watched a cartoon called the Penguins of Madagascar ........ I like those guys ......
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #14
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 
No avatar is the new avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,555

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
I don't think that's true anymore. He's Kobe's equal as a scorer, and is a better rebounder and a worse defender, although his defense is improving by leaps and bounds.
Watch the way both Kobe and Mello are covered by the other team. Mello gets a ton of 1 on 1, where as Kobe gets a double or more when he is driving the lane. Right now Denver's defense is doing alot better job then the Lakers.

To answer your question, Only a homer nugget fan thinks that Mello is as good as Kobe. It is still LaBron and Kobe, followed by Wade as the best players in the NBA talks go, after that there is a large number of other players behind them... Dwight Howard, Carmello Anthony, Chris Paul, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett types.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #15
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,750

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

The Penguins rock Spider.

My daughter loves them and, admittedly, so do I. Kowalski cracks me up.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #16
bronco610
OLD FART
 
bronco610's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 1,839

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
during my time away , I watched a cartoon called the Penguins of Madagascar ........ I like those guys ......
Well as long as you were doing something constuctive.........oh, wait, you watched cartoons? You shoulkd be fined 20,000 popsts !!!!
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #17
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert
 
Hotrod's Avatar
 
aka Dortoh

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 25,001

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Watch the way both Kobe and Mello are covered by the other team. Mello gets a ton of 1 on 1, where as Kobe gets a double or more when he is driving the lane. Right now Denver's defense is doing alot better job then the Lakers.

To answer your question, Only a homer nugget fan thinks that Mello is as good as Kobe. It is still LaBron and Kobe, followed by Wade as the best players in the NBA talks go, after that there is a large number of other players behind them... Dwight Howard, Carmello Anthony, Chris Paul, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett types.
As a nuggets fan I pretty much agree with you here. I do however think the gap between the top 3 and mello has shrunk this season.
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:38 AM   #18
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,946

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortoh View Post
As a nuggets fan I pretty much agree with you here. I do however think the gap between the top 3 and mello has shrunk this season.
Mello has got to prove his meddle in the playoffs and so far, so good.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #19
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
The Penguins rock Spider.

My daughter loves them and, admittedly, so do I. Kowalski cracks me up.
Ricco ........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #20
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco610 View Post
Well as long as you were doing something constuctive.........oh, wait, you watched cartoons? You shoulkd be fined 20,000 popsts !!!!
the Penguins are so funny ......
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:42 AM   #21
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,257

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
I am not wading through all of that to find if people think Mello is better then Kobe ......... If you cant answer the question thats fine
No, he's not. Twice in the fourth quarter Kobe hit crucial 3-pointers with Melo in his face. He is still an unreal talent and you expect every shot he takes to go in.

That said, Melo is playing almost at the same level right now. Maybe not as dangerous as Kobe overall, but he is taking over games when he needs to and is borderline indefensible at times. This playoff series could be where we see him take the step from "very good" to "great." He may not be in Kobe or LeBron territory, but he is proving himself worthy of going head-to-head with them.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:43 AM   #22
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 5,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mister Cobble
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazi_kal View Post
Denver did get a critical Non-call on JR in the lane at that last tip off though
Not that it wasn't a missed call, but the Lakers won that tip.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #23
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 13,724

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
I am not wading through all of that to find if people think Mello is better then Kobe ......... If you cant answer the question thats fine
Right! Because the last thing Spider has time for is to waste time on the OrangeMane!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #24
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Right! Because the last thing Spider has time for is to waste time on the OrangeMane!
thats right
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:46 PM   #25
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,441

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Don't care. Don't particularly like the Nuggets, but am loving the game they are taking to the Lakers. Doesn't matter who's better, matters who wins.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:18 PM.


Denver Broncos