The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #1
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default Welcome to Chicago Jay :-)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...upporting-cast

Be careful what you wish for .,, you got yourself some 'stud' WR to throw too now

Any bets on Cutler repeating a 4500 yrd season any time soon
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

I bet it is safe to say Orton will not be passing 4,500 Yrd any time ever ...
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crash~ View Post
Orton now has better receivers and a better line to protect him...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Yeah I saw that the WR were dropping everything in site towards the end. Funny though the guys on NFL network seem not to notice it, or care.

Cutler vaulted himself to star status through his antics of forcing the trade. He better perform. Basically every week all the media will be doing a how did Jay Cutler do segment. IMO Hester just isn't a WR. You can tell by how he runs his routes. He dips his hip to make his turns like a dback does, but wr can't telegraph with the lower body like that and excpect to get open.

Then from the way he looks Bennett seems like a bust, and he sounds stupid too boot.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #5
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Orton will hit the 4000 yard mark, and at least 25TDs this season. mark my words. he is going to be a borderline pro bowler at the end of the year.

Cutler isn't going to hit 4000 and is probably going to have more INTs than TDs in Chicago.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:11 PM   #6
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Orton now has better receivers and a better line to protect him...
Ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:12 PM   #7
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Orton will hit the 4000 yard mark, and at least 25TDs this season. mark my words. he is going to be a borderline pro bowler at the end of the year.

Cutler isn't going to hit 4000 and is probably going to have more INTs than TDs in Chicago.
jaded
Old 05-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #8
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
jaded
not at all. i just don't think Jay getting pummeled because the line can't give him time to find an open receiver, or with terrible receivers, i can't see any way that he still puts up numbers anywhere near what he did in Denver. Add in that he had i think something like 25 turnovers(18 INTs) with good receiving weapons, and a line that kept his uniform clean, and i can't see any way that number drops without a line or receiving weapons. his only real weapons are Forte and Olsen and those 2 are not going to keep his numbers where they were last season.

i truly feel Jay is in for a rude awakening in Chicago when he sees he had it made here in Denver and he whined and b****ed his way out of a good situation with a good line and receiving weapons that he no longer has.

the dude is in for another dose of what he went through in college.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:38 PM   #9
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:

puff puff pass it along please...
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #10
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
good, statistical seasons like that almost never result in a championship.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:13 AM   #11
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.L.F. View Post
puff puff pass it along please...
QB Rating - 89.4
Completions - 327
Attempts - 516
Passing Yards - 3693
TDs - 21
INTs - 11

Those are Matt Cassel's numbers from last season running the offense that McDaniels is installing here in Denver. Cassel had not started a game since high school, and yet was closing in on 4000 yards passing and over 20 TDs.

Orton has been a starter in the league, has experience on the pro level and is intelligent, and is now in McDaniels QB friendly offense

QB Rating - 79.6
Completions - 272
Attempts - 465
Passing Yards - 2972
TDs - 18
INTs - 12

those are his numbers from a team where Hester had the most receiving yards amongst his receivers, Forte led the team in catches and Olsen led the team in TD catches. he was right near 3000 yards, a 3-2 ration of TDs-INTs, playing behind a line that sucked with obviously terrible receiving options.

here in Denver our line will give him time to throw, and Marshall, Royal, Scheff, Stokley, Hillis, Graham, Gaffney, and Moreno are all at his disposal to throw to. i find it obvious that his numbers are going to skyrocket in Denver
Old 05-21-2009, 12:15 AM   #12
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Yeah Cutler will probably fail so badly in Chicago he'll be out of the league in two years playing Canadian football, and that's if he's not lying in a diabetic coma or having checked into rehab. Then his family will abandon him, he'll lose all his money and be homeless living on the streets and staying in shelters. Besides...even if this doesn't happen, he only has maybe 13 years left in the league to win and it's unlikely Chicago will be able to find him another reciever during that time. Orton will beat Brady's record of Super Bowl MVP's by his 30th birthday.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #13
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
QB Rating - 89.4
Completions - 327
Attempts - 516
Passing Yards - 3693
TDs - 21
INTs - 11

Those are Matt Cassel's numbers from last season running the offense that McDaniels is installing here in Denver. Cassel had not started a game since high school, and yet was closing in on 4000 yards passing and over 20 TDs.

Orton has been a starter in the league, has experience on the pro level and is intelligent, and is now in McDaniels QB friendly offense

QB Rating - 79.6
Completions - 272
Attempts - 465
Passing Yards - 2972
TDs - 18
INTs - 12

those are his numbers from a team where Hester had the most receiving yards amongst his receivers, Forte led the team in catches and Olsen led the team in TD catches. he was right near 3000 yards, a 3-2 ration of TDs-INTs, playing behind a line that sucked with obviously terrible receiving options.

here in Denver our line will give him time to throw, and Marshall, Royal, Scheff, Stokley, Hillis, Graham, Gaffney, and Moreno are all at his disposal to throw to. i find it obvious that his numbers are going to skyrocket in Denver
Brian Griese and Rex Grossman are future HOFers.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #14
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Brian Griese and Rex Grossman are future HOFers.
jesus christ man you are such a whiny b****. are you still hurt that bad by your lover Jay not being around anymore?

if you would read and comprehend the majority of the posts on this site that you seem to b**** about you would see valid points, but you are just to worried about making your voice heard regardless of beoing right or wrong on the situation that you are becoming a troll in the mold of BOB.

now if you read my post, you would see that a good statistical season from Orton is not only not out of the question, but highly likely. he was capable of putting up decent numbers with nothing to throw to last season. now he has protection and legit offensive weapons and is in a very QB friendly offense that a career backup with no starts since high school was able to run and be a borderline pro bowler in.

Quote:
Yeah Cutler will probably fail so badly in Chicago he'll be out of the league in two years playing Canadian football, and that's if he's not lying in a diabetic coma or having checked into rehab. Then his family will abandon him, he'll lose all his money and be homeless living on the streets and staying in shelters. Besides...even if this doesn't happen, he only has maybe 13 years left in the league to win and it's unlikely Chicago will be able to find him another reciever during that time. Orton will beat Brady's record of Super Bowl MVP's by his 30th birthday.

now on this post. nowhere have i said Cutler will be a failure in his career now that he is gone from Denver. i am simply pointing out that right now for the next season at least(unless Boldin is traded), he is in a situation with a terrible line, and no real receiving weapons, which are going to hamper his abilities on the field. now i am not saying that in 3 years or even in 2010 that he won't have weapons and a line and keep looking as good as he did last season, but for this season he is in a tough situation.

also, nowhere have i said that Orton is going to become a hall of famer, or is going to win us super bowls. i have simply said, in this offense, i predict he will match or better Jay's numbers from last season
Old 05-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #15
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:

I bet Cutler throws for negative total yards this year and gets moved to safety .
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:38 AM   #16
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
jesus christ man you are such a whiny b****. are you still hurt that bad by your lover Jay not being around anymore?

if you would read and comprehend the majority of the posts on this site that you seem to b**** about you would see valid points, but you are just to worried about making your voice heard regardless of beoing right or wrong on the situation that you are becoming a troll in the mold of BOB.

now if you read my post, you would see that a good statistical season from Orton is not only not out of the question, but highly likely. he was capable of putting up decent numbers with nothing to throw to last season. now he has protection and legit offensive weapons and is in a very QB friendly offense that a career backup with no starts since high school was able to run and be a borderline pro bowler in.

now on this post. nowhere have i said Cutler will be a failure in his career now that he is gone from Denver. i am simply pointing out that right now for the next season at least(unless Boldin is traded), he is in a situation with a terrible line, and no real receiving weapons, which are going to hamper his abilities on the field. now i am not saying that in 3 years or even in 2010 that he won't have weapons and a line and keep looking as good as he did last season, but for this season he is in a tough situation.

also, nowhere have i said that Orton is going to become a hall of famer, or is going to win us super bowls. i have simply said, in this offense, i predict he will match or better Jay's numbers from last season
It's almost 3:00 am...to late for me to worry about wasting energy on your weak ass logic.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:39 AM   #17
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
I bet Cutler throws for negative total yards this year and gets moved to safety .
His mother will sue him for embarassing her with his bad haircut.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:39 AM   #18
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
It's almost 3:00 am...to late for me to worry about wasting energy on your weak ass logic.
apparently it's not too late for you to b**** and moan though
Old 05-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #19
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Seeing him in a Bears uni pisses me off.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:45 AM   #20
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
apparently it's not too late for you to b**** and moan though
Old 05-21-2009, 12:45 AM   #21
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
QB Rating - 89.4
Completions - 327
Attempts - 516
Passing Yards - 3693
TDs - 21
INTs - 11

QB Rating - 79.6
Completions - 272
Attempts - 465
Passing Yards - 2972
TDs - 18
INTs - 12

I think people well be surprised by Orton here. He isn't going to be Another Elway rolling out and throwing 70 yard heaters, but with this team and system and now a real running game as well I suspect our offensive and scoring efficiency to go up versus last year .. and turnovers to go down. It may take half a year to get the system more or less well oiled and running on all cylinders.

And if we can get some serviceable play form the D-line combined with the obvious improvements elsewhere on defense it will be fun to watch all these prognosticators falling all over themselves to act like they saw it coming all along :-)

The problem is, most of these guys and commentators are into superficial 'sound bite' analysis. Its a slam dunk 'safe' way to go to look at Denver and see ... :
New 33yr old head coach and new coaches and system all around after a legend gets axed - Check

A new QB after 'pro bowl' 'franchise' guy with the big arm and the weeny personality pouts his way out of town - Check

More than 50% roster turnover including a boat load of new rookies - Check

Last two years sporting one of the worst defenses in the league, due to a handful of rotten egg players who cant tackle (and mostly gone now) and some terrible schizoid schemes and coaching - Check

Brutal schedule - Double Check ....
So its easy to see where these guys get their soundbite analysis from, makes perfect sense, right? ..... Until you start looking at the details and see what is really going on here.

When you really start comparing this roster to last years, over all there are significant improvements. I wont argue that Orton is better than Cutler, only that he is decent enough and will be able to play at his best here and his style of play happens to be very well suited for this system. I suspect he will surprise a lot of people before December is over.

The coaching staff and new philosophy is a big leap forward as well, it may take a while for it all to gel, but you gotta like the focus, discipline and emphasis on strength, power and attacking on both sides of the ball ... no more 10 yard cushions by DBs ... and no more Club Med off seasons and training camps!

And special teams should give us a lot better field position going both ways.

And all the low expectations is perfect! It gives some cover this year to make this transition and start serving large quantities of steaming hot crow by years end with a nice Chianti.

Last edited by Hulamau; 05-21-2009 at 12:51 AM..
Old 05-21-2009, 12:49 AM   #22
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTribbey View Post
Seeing him in a Bears uni pisses me off.
Yea I know ... It sucks ...

It was so messed up today seeing him in orange and blue and being like , sigh if you didn't know any better he still looks like a bronco in those colors ...

The Broncs and Bears was my fav teams when i was real little and it became a one horse show with Denver being my fav... The Bears was always my fav nfc team tho so at least I got that to fall back on ...

But it doesn't soften it one bit really. Blows I just got his autograph for Xmas as well on a photo in broncs uni ... sigh ...
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:54 AM   #23
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Findng adequate WR's is easier than finding franchise QB's, escpecially when he can fire into tight areas. One thing Cutler does better than John early on is better touch on short passes. I expect Bennet to have a good year.

It's not like Da Bears are in he NFC East. Besides, who cares? I'm more worried what boneheaded move Mcdummy will make next.

Now that he's rearrainged the furniture in Shanny's office, things should quiet down for awile.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:58 AM   #24
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
Findng adequate WR's is easier than finding franchise QB's, escpecially when he can fire into tight areas. One thing Cutler does better than John early on is better touch on short passes. I expect Bennet to have a good year.

It's not like Da Bears are in he NFC East. Besides, who cares? I'm more worried what boneheaded move Mcdummy will make next.

Now that he's rearrainged the furniture in Shanny's office, things should quiet down for awile.
if it truly is that easy to find good receivers, why haven't the Bears had a receiver with over a 1000 yards in a season since 2002? why did it take us so long to find a worthy heir to Rod's receiving throne?

they have the QB, but unless Boldin is coming their way(seems doubtful, without a 1st next season) they don't have any receivers on their radar, and who knows how long it will take for them to find one.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:07 AM   #25
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I expect Cutler will do fine over time. He'll have his adjustment period there with the 'crap for hands' WR corp and chewing a lot more cud and dirt from the less than stout protection he's likely to get.

It will be interesting to see if he remains happy with less of a role passing? If the Bears are winning ( which they damn well ought to this year with that pansy schedule!) that should cure a lot for him.

But I also think Cutler is unlikely to become the QB he could have here with McD in this system and these weapons.

Sure Cutler is a better physical talent than Orton, but the odds are that Cutler will take a much longer time , if he ever does, to reach his full potential in the Windy City famous as a wasteland for WRs and QBs, while Orton is very likely to realize his maximum potential here, whatever that proves to be.

Of the two guys, Id rather be in Orton's shoes (not the least reason of which he seems like an inherently good guy who doesn't have to work at it), whether of not this plays out ultimately in our advantage only time will tell.

The fact it is, no matter what Jay does in Chicago, its a shame we cant see what he really could have become here, with some real discipline and expert QB coaching. From the sounds of it he is pretty much running the show there already as well and has Ron Turner slobbering all over him ... not the best medicine for Cutler's skills and character development, on or off the field.

Last edited by Hulamau; 05-21-2009 at 01:13 AM..