The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

Default Better or Worse position by position

Here's my take

Coach: Shanny > Mickey D--- I'm very excited about the new staff but for the time being shanny gets the nod

Coaching Staff: last year < this year---the only good coaches we had last year we retained, minus a whiz kid

QB: Cutler > Orton, Simms---i'm over it

RB: injured reserve < Moreno, buckhalter, JJ, Lamont, Peyton Hillos, Torain, this is a position people aren't nearly as excited about as they should be

WR: last year < this year--- gaffney was actually a pretty decent pickup

TE: last year < this year---slight edge with the rook.

OL: last year < this year--- experience

DL: Bust----who realy knows... where will reid play? Thomas could be a dominant end I think, Thomas and Peterson at ends really isn't that bad... the rook could slide down too but I think he'll play outbacker.... withe UDFA I might have to go with the new crop

LB: last year < this year---Moss, Doom, Crowder could be good, Larsen could excel, DJ will find a role, Woodyard can make plays, Boss?, rookie rook could be defensive player of the year, andra davis could easily become the bargain of the year, not sure we have all the right peices, but we have enough peices.

CB: last year < this year---we have three solid, play-making corners

S: sh*tshows < anything else----most improved unit on the team by far.

Everything looks good on paper but I honestly think we've improved every spot of our football team (specail teams is up in the air) minus QB.... and with no cutler arguments i'd to like to hear what everyone else thinks about every other position minus QB.
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps
At quarterback we're about even, maybe a little better without Ramsey.
See? This is exactly the kind of unrealistic, blue-sky thinking that troubles me ...
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

I think the OL will be a little more exposed this year.

Not trying to start an argument cause I'm over it too but, Cutlers ability to move in the pocket helped that sack total stay low.

RB will be better if we don't lose everyone of them this year. I would think we should be a run first team considering all the FA/draft influx and our less then solid QB setup.

WR = push. Gaffney .... meh. I think Royal has a better year then Marshall this year.
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
See? This is exactly the kind of unrealistic, blue-sky thinking that troubles me ...
I wonder what kind of numbers Cutler would have put up in Chicago last season with Reshe Davis, Devin Hester, and Greg Olsen as his pass targets?

25 ints maybe?

Orton > Cutler.

Get past his big arm, and watcha got? Its like a closer in baseball who throws 110 mphs per hour but only saves half his games because he walks as many as he strikesout.

But getting back to the thread, to be honest, I believe we have improved every position on the field, honestly, sans the offensive line.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:32 PM   #5
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
I wonder what kind of numbers Cutler would have put up in Chicago last season with Reshe Davis, Devin Hester, and Greg Olsen as his pass targets?

25 ints maybe?

Orton > Cutler.

Get past his big arm, and watcha got? Its like a closer in baseball who throws 110 mphs per hour but only saves half his games because he walks as many as he strikesout.

But getting back to the thread, to be honest, I believe we have improved every position on the field, honestly, sans the offensive line.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #6
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Wrong!

Besides QB, (who we were going to pay 600k) we wasted a second on a blocking TE we pay 11 million to do.

We also drafted 1 tweener at DL, and gave away a probable top 10 pick we could of packaged for either a real QB or DT next year.

We got scrubs and unkowns all thu the front 7 as well as the secondary. Smith will probably start, but at what price?

The apologists for Mcdummy are blind lemmings. We spent 6 picks on offense and Knowshon can't even run a sub 4.6!

Last edited by watermock; 05-19-2009 at 04:41 PM..
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:37 PM   #7
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Monroney can run a 4.1.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #8
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Really.

Portis couldn't run a 4.1. Bull.

Freaking Alfozo can't run a 4.5 either.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #9
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Alonzo ran a 4.2!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #10
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Excuse me, I meant Alfonso. Alfonso Ribeiro. Perhaps you've heard of him? He was our 5th round gem.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:54 PM   #11
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler

Crucify the Ego

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

We've improved at RB and in the secondary. The front 7 is hard to call. It was our weakest area last year and it still seems like the weakest area this year. I hope that Ayers, Davis, Powell, Fields, and Hampton can all have an impact. But I am still very uneasy at this point, I think we should have done much more to improve that area. Offensive line retains all of its parts and gets a little deeper with the draft picks, but the system is changing a bit. They are still going to run a ZBS, but its going to be modified from what its been in the past. We will have to wait and see how it goes, McDaniels generally prefers big lineman and our guys don't all fit the mold. Receivers are about equal, I like McKinley and the fact that Gaffney has experience in the system. But again its going to depend on how the others adapt to change. Tight Ends will be about the same unless the rookie has a big impact. QB is a massive downgrade, though I am hopeful that Orton can thrive with the talent around him and the system. Coach is a massive downgrade until proven otherwise.

I am hopeful. But when people argue that our offense is going to be better I challenge that we could have drafted Moreno and still had Cutler. That offense would have been insane. We signed too many RB's in free agency. I like Buckhalter, Jordan, and Arrington each for different reasons. But with Torain and Hillis already on the roster and Moreno added, not to mention Darius Walker, its overkill. Money could have been spent on front 7 (Vonnie Holiday is still available). I have no trust for McD yet, he has to prove himself. It will be a very interesting year.
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
Wrong!

Besides QB, (who we were going to pay 600k) we wasted a second on a blocking TE we pay 11 million to do.

We also drafted 1 tweener at DL, and gave away a probable top 10 pick we could of packaged for either a real QB or DT next year.

We got scrubs and unkowns all thu the front 7 as well as the secondary. Smith will probably start, but at what price?

The apologists for Mcdummy are blind lemmings. We spent 6 picks on offense and Knowshon can't even run a sub 4.6!
Hey Mockdouchebag... We cut loose 6 starters from Shanahans defense and not a single one of them has been picked up by a single team. Get over your complaining already.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #13
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
RB Moreno hurt by 40 times
Chris Brown
Posted February 22nd, 2009
Tags: Knowshon Moreno, NFL Combine
Georgia RB Knowshon Moreno needed to run a solid 40 time to convince the doubters that he has breakaway speed. He didn’t.

Moreno ran a 4.58 and a 4.63 in his two runs. He was visibly disappointed after running them. It shouldn’t drop him on boards too much, but it certainly doesn’t help his cause.
I don't mind the Green pick, other than we allready had an ample draft to pick from, and it would of been a bonus to see what 2010 was avaiable for us.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:16 PM   #14
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Hey Mockdouchebag... We cut loose 6 starters from Shanahans defense and not a single one of them has been picked up by a single team. Get over your complaining already.
So what douchebag, I said draft defense, and we spent our late 1st on Ayers, 6 of 10 pcks went to offense dumbass.

WE SHOULD OF CUT 6 STARTERS! Wasn't that the plan?
Maybe 8, or benched them.

For what we gave up for Smith, we may of passed on a probowler. Package it all you like. 5-7-7/8ths is smaller than Green, and slower.

Hey, he's a playmaker, we'll see how he does, and who Seattle gets, or what we could of gotten packaging picks for a QB/DT that isn't in a contract year.

Your arguments are fail.

Last edited by watermock; 05-19-2009 at 05:20 PM..
Old 05-19-2009, 05:26 PM   #15
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:29 PM   #16
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
So what douchebag, I said draft defense, and we spent our late 1st on Ayers, 6 of 10 pcks went to offense dumbass.
So, drafting 3 out of our first 4 top picks on defense doesn't matter?

How about the other 7 likely new starters on defense?

I love this kind of logic. We are likely to swap out literally more than HALF of our defensive personnel, along with our entire defensive coaching staff.

But, we haven't made any changes on defense.

I love this place.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:59 PM   #17
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

SiRB Moreno hurt by 40 times
Chris Brown
Posted February 22nd, 2009
Tags: Knowshon Moreno, NFL Combine
Georgia RB Knowshon Moreno needed to run a solid 40 time to convince the doubters that he has breakaway speed. He didn’t.

Moreno ran a 4.58 and a 4.63 in his two runs. He was visibly disappointed after running them. It shouldn’t drop him on boards too much, but it certainly doesn’t help his cause.

Simply using 2 of 3 first rounders on D and a 2nd on a blocking TE?

And reach for that unknown safety? Oh, right, he was "on our board". PFFt.

McDummy needs to watch Hoodie Sr, who not only got like 4 seconds, but like2 more in trades for '10. We simply traded our high picks like tin cans caled Cutler.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #18
DeusExManning
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Really.

Portis couldn't run a 4.1. Bull.

Freaking Alfozo can't run a 4.5 either.
What are you Al Davis now Mock? Focusing on the 40 seriously distracts you from the truth.
DeusExManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:10 PM   #19
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler

Todd Snider Rules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler

Last years team was short 1 middle linebacker, this years team will be short 2 middle linebackers.

I just don't see how the d-line will be any better. IMHO there is no reason to talk about the O, if we can't stop the run, we will get rolled up.
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #20
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler

Todd Snider Rules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
So, drafting 3 out of our first 4 top picks on defense doesn't matter?

How about the other 7 likely new starters on defense?

I love this kind of logic. We are likely to swap out literally more than HALF of our defensive personnel, along with our entire defensive coaching staff.

But, we haven't made any changes on defense.

I love this place.
To me looks like we cast off 7 players from the D and replaced the with 6 castoffs from other teams.
Explain to me how this team will stop the run?
Old 05-19-2009, 06:14 PM   #21
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExShanahan View Post
What are you Al Davis now Mock? Focusing on the 40 seriously distracts you from the truth.
Seriously, do you believe that?

People laughed their ases of about Bey, not because he wasn't a first rounder, but because Crabtree was so much more accomplished and harvin was injured and is a smoker.

What BS are you making up now?

If we wanted to draft for a stonger D, we should of traded DOWN into a better class with /DT's and QB's.

That's MO, or has Mcdummy only have a 1 year contract?

And what truth is that friend? Just becase Smith is timed @4.29 under a stopwatch at PRO DAY?

Last edited by watermock; 05-19-2009 at 06:17 PM..
Old 05-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #22
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Mock, cheer up.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #23
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Beard View Post
Last years team was short 1 middle linebacker, this years team will be short 2 middle linebackers.

I just don't see how the d-line will be any better. IMHO there is no reason to talk about the O, if we can't stop the run, we will get rolled up.
Andra Davis is better than any player we've had in the middle since Al.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #24
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Seriously, do you believe that?

People laughed their ases of about Bey, not because he wasn't a first rounder, but because Crabtree was so much more accomplished and harvin was injured and is a smoker.

What BS are you making up now?

If we wanted to draft for a stonger D, we should of traded DOWN into a better class with /DT's and QB's.

That's MO, or has Mcdummy only have a 1 year contract?

And what truth is that friend? Just becase Smith is timed @4.29 under a stopwatch at PRO DAY?
Walter Peyton and Jerry Rice both had slow 40 times.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #25
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler

Todd Snider Rules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Andra Davis is better than any player we've had in the middle since Al.
Is or was?

How do you explain this drop off?
During the 2007 season he struggled starting only 10 of 16 games, finishing with only 67 tackles.