The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default Football Statistics Software?

I guess this is a continuation of the "Any Coaches Out There" threads of the past.

We got rid of our numbskull coach in our High School who drove our lackluster program into the ground. Basically he was kicked out, and we didn't bother asking about anything he did.

That leaves us looking for a new statistical program for the High School team(s) - Varsity, JV, and Freshmen.

Does anyone have experience with any football stat programs that they have used in the past? I know some people just use spreadsheets, but sometimes it takes a fair amount of time to recompile the spreadsheet into usable data. I was hoping there was a program that had built in reporting functions and made analysis a little easier.

By a stat program, I am talking about a real-time game recording sequence that someone would use in the booth each game.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Designing a decent excel sheet really is a great and cost-effective way to go. You can do everything you'd need and then some with different macros and even simple equations.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Designing a decent excel sheet really is a great and cost-effective way to go. You can do everything you'd need and then some with different macros and even simple equations.
Someone on the team must have a dad in either Finance or IT that can slap a very good spreadsheet together for you rather quickly.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Someone on the team must have a dad in either Finance or IT that can slap a very good spreadsheet together for you rather quickly.
I can put together a spreadsheet, but then you have to work really quickly if you are assigning the player, yardage, play type, play direction, etc. before the next play begins. Some of the software i've seen just has you drag a football on the screen to show play type, yardage, direction, etc. all with one move of the mouse. It looks like a time saver if it works as advertised.

Just thought it was worth asking.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #5
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I can put together a spreadsheet, but then you have to work really quickly if you are assigning the player, yardage, play type, play direction, etc. before the next play begins. Some of the software i've seen just has you drag a football on the screen to show play type, yardage, direction, etc. all with one move of the mouse. It looks like a time saver if it works as advertised.

Just thought it was worth asking.
Can't you assign key strokes to navigate to the skill players cell? I bet you could do all the navigation with the keyboard and be a pro by the 2nd game.

If you have the dough to spend, call around to the rich schools in other areas outside your division and see what they use if you really have $ burning a hole in your pocket.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
chickennob2
Memphian in Boston

Glad to be back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I would actually be very interested in knowing what you would need from this kind of program. I'm looking for a side project for the summer, and this sounds fun. (I'm a computer science student).

Not that I'm promising anything, but I would like to know what kind of requirements a coach would have for this kind of software.
chickennob2 is offline   Reply With Quote