The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Old pros help to make new stars (Rod Smith story)

Sorry if this has already been posted the search feature didn't work...

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/05/10/old-...ake-new-stars/

Quote:
Among the many subjects I interviewed during the week before Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa, Fla., none was as insightful as Jerry Rice, who told me to look for Pittsburgh Steelers WR Santonio Holmes to be the difference-maker in the big game.
Early the next morning, after Holmes scored the winning touchdown and became the Super Bowl’s Most Valuable Player, I again spoke with Rice, who explained how he had trained Holmes before the start of the 2008 season. Rice spoke of Holmes’ explosive ability and how his training emphasized both endurance and productive plays after making the catch.
In retrospect, I discovered that it was Holmes who made decisive plays in all three of the Steelers’ postseason games. His explosive punt returns set the table for playoff victories over the Chargers and the Ravens. He then repeatedly beat the Cardinals’ defensive backs in the Super Bowl by turning short catches into long gains.
Such revelations bring me to Tennessee Titans first-round pick Kenny Britt. The wide receiver out of Rutgers began working with retired Denver Broncos WR Rod Smith in preparation for last February’s NFL Scouting Combine.
The rest of the story at the link....

Last edited by BroncoDoug; 05-10-2009 at 09:17 PM..
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links