The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,749

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default watching nfl replay real time...

makes me happy cutler is not the QB anymore. for every good thing he did, he did something equally bad. two picks in the first 10 minutes that were absolutely horrible throws, no excuse for them. and on the next possession, he throws a 9 yard TD to eddie royal after eddie returned it 90 yards.

more and more, it looks like cutler is a product of being a pretty good qb, a big risk taker, with a great supporting cast that can bail him out (on offense anyway). his play pays off as much as it hurts the team.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,749

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

2 plays after the brandon marshall offensive pass interference, he throws another bad pick.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer
 
21ís No Champ

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,090

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15
Default

That Dolphin game was probably the worst game he ever played. Cutler did make a lot of dumb throws, but a lot of those dumb throws worked out well in our favor. Watch the game winning touchdown pass against Atlanta http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...s-Falcons-2008 and tell me if any QB in the NFL could have made that throw.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,379
Default

Many QBs, if they play well the early part of the game, do not have to make that throw.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,749

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
That Dolphin game was probably the worst game he ever played. Cutler did make a lot of dumb throws, but a lot of those dumb throws worked out well in our favor. Watch the game winning touchdown pass against Atlanta http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...s-Falcons-2008 and tell me if any QB in the NFL could have made that throw.
you expect people to read your damn posts with an av like that?

its like, i cant look away..
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #6
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,290

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
makes me happy cutler is not the QB anymore. for every good thing he did, he did something equally bad. two picks in the first 10 minutes that were absolutely horrible throws, no excuse for them. and on the next possession, he throws a 9 yard TD to eddie royal after eddie returned it 90 yards.

more and more, it looks like cutler is a product of being a pretty good qb, a big risk taker, with a great supporting cast that can bail him out (on offense anyway). his play pays off as much as it hurts the team.
I'm way more interested in watching Orton and da beerzz play the Lions. I'm gonna watch that game with much interest...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #7
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,290

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Detroit just marches 70 yards down the field on the bears and score a TD. Man, their defense looked bad on that drive...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,749

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Detroit just marches 70 yards down the field on the bears and score a TD. Man, their defense looked bad on that drive...
one of the reasons i question why everyone thinks the bears will be world beaters this year. their d still has a reputation a few years old, they are not that good anymore.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #9
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,290

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
one of the reasons i question why everyone thinks the bears will be world beaters this year. their d still has a reputation a few years old, they are not that good anymore.
Cutler is gonna find out the hard way that the bears defense ain't what it used to be...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #10
backup qb
Ring of Famer
 
backup qb's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Shelbyville,Il
Posts: 1,305
Default

The bears d isn't that good, but will still be better than ours. Sounds like an upgrade for Cutler to me.
backup qb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #11
backup qb
Ring of Famer
 
backup qb's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Shelbyville,Il
Posts: 1,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
makes me happy cutler is not the QB anymore. for every good thing he did, he did something equally bad. two picks in the first 10 minutes that were absolutely horrible throws, no excuse for them. and on the next possession, he throws a 9 yard TD to eddie royal after eddie returned it 90 yards.

more and more, it looks like cutler is a product of being a pretty good qb, a big risk taker, with a great supporting cast that can bail him out (on offense anyway). his play pays off as much as it hurts the team.

I'm pretty sure most people would take a "pretty good" qb for their team. I cannot believe people around here are more than willing to settle for "average at best" Orton. Am I living in the 80s or 90s in believing that it is still plausible and somewhat acceptable, though still frustrating and painful, for qbs to still make mistakes a couple years into starting? I can't wait to see the Cutler bashers come out and backpedal when neckbeard can't hit the broad side of the barn on anything over ten yards.
backup qb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #12
anton
Solid Starter
 
anton's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 222
Default

The thing I hate is when people like Jamie Dukes hate on Kyle Orton and say that he is "cute and all" but had the "great" Chicago Bear defense backing him up. Rookie year, Orton was awful just like any other rookie, but last year he went 18 td 12 int. He was 10 td 4 int in 8 games before suffering an injury. The Bears defense was ranked 21st last year, giving up 22 points per game. Not so great is it?

Anybody that watched Orton last year knows that this guy could actually be a very good starter in the NFL. He even impressed with his arm strength last year.
anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #13
anton
Solid Starter
 
anton's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by backup qb View Post
I'm pretty sure most people would take a "pretty good" qb for their team. I cannot believe people around here are more than willing to settle for "average at best" Orton. Am I living in the 80s or 90s in believing that it is still plausible and somewhat acceptable, though still frustrating and painful, for qbs to still make mistakes a couple years into starting? I can't wait to see the Cutler bashers come out and backpedal when neckbeard can't hit the broad side of the barn on anything over ten yards.
See this is what I am talking about. Have you actually ever seen him play last year?
anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:05 PM   #14
backup qb
Ring of Famer
 
backup qb's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Shelbyville,Il
Posts: 1,305
Default

I live in Illinois and get to watch bears games, although I have the ticket, so I guess it doesn't matter where I live(duh), and can't stand the thought of Orton playing here. I just feel like we bronco fans who were fortunate enough to watch the duke play deserve better. We deserved better when we had #14, deserved better when we had Jake, and at times deserved better with Jay. However, with Jay the unlimited potential is still there. Do you honestly think Orton is ever better than 18 tds and 12 ints again? With our D, we will be 4-12 with those numbers.
backup qb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #15
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

I'm happy, too.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #16
anton
Solid Starter
 
anton's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by backup qb View Post
Do you honestly think Orton is ever better than 18 tds and 12 ints again? With our D, we will be 4-12 with those numbers.
1. He had a serious injury for half of the year.

2. Look at his o-line and WRs in CHI. Uuugghhhhh.

Yes I expect him to improve on 18/12. Look at the players around him now.
anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Denver Broncos