The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
Punisher
® Punisher Vs Judge Dredd
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Who ya Got? ®

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default ª Your Top Ten Film's Of the 90's ª

Here's Roger Ebert's Top Ten


My top ten Film's of the 90s
10 - Les Miserable (1998)
9 - The Ice Storm (1997)
8 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
7 - The Usual Suspects (1995)
6 - Kids (1995)
5 - Shawshank Redemption (1994)
4 - Pulp Fiction (1994)
3 - Fargo (1996)
2 - Titanic (1997)
1 -Tie American Beauty (1999) Schindler's List (1993)

For a Bonus Here's my Top Five Worst Film's of the 90s
5 - North (1994)
4 - Fire Down Below (1997)
3 - Batman & Robin (1997)
2 - Super Mario Bothers (1993)
1 - Armageddon (1998)
Name your Top Five Worst if You want
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

My top 5 in no particular order:

Usual Suspects, Gladiator, Braveheart, Supertroopers, Dirty Work
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

American Beauty
The Player
Wonder Boys
Shawshank Redemption
Seven
The Spanish Prisoner
L.A. Confidential
Nobody's Fool (Paul Newman one)
The Fugitive
Jacob's Ladder
Angel Eyes
The Salton Sea
Pleasantville
The Paper

And my #1 90s movie: Lone Star

BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,404
Default

Usual Suspects-1995
Se7en-1995
Saving Private Ryan-1998
Resevoir Dogs-1992
The Big Lebowski-1998
Groundhog Day-1993
Twelve Monkeys-1996
Goodfellas-1990
Silence of the Lambs-1991

not in any order. IMO hard to decide what I think is best, but I thought those movies were the best of the 90's
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
My top 5 in no particular order:

Usual Suspects, Gladiator, Braveheart, Supertroopers, Dirty Work
Usual Suspects IMO a masterpiece. How often are you caught that unaware of the plot twist at the end. Shawshank had a good twist at the end but not as good as Usual Suspects.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #6
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,440
Default

My top 10
10: Braveheart
9: Blackhawk Down
8. Fargo
7. Pulp Fiction
6. The Matrix
5. Fight Club
4. LA Confidential
3. Silence of the Lambs
2. Groundhog Day
1. Last of the Mohicans

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
My top 10
10: Braveheart
9: Blackhawk Down
8. Fargo
7. Pulp Fiction
6. The Matrix
5. Fight Club
4. LA Confidential
3. Silence of the Lambs
2. Groundhog Day
1. Last of the Mohicans

Those ones were almost on my list, and really could be exchanged for any of mine, they are great movies.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
Punisher
® Punisher Vs Judge Dredd
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Who ya Got? ®

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Usual Suspects-1995
Se7en-1995
Saving Private Ryan-1998
Resevoir Dogs-1992
The Big Lebowski-1998
Groundhog Day-1993
Twelve Monkeys-1996
Goodfellas-1990
Silence of the Lambs-1991

not in any order. IMO hard to decide what I think is best, but I thought those movies were the best of the 90's
Twelve Monkeys is a really Great Film not Movie, Film the way Bruce Willis Character is trap in time is great.I love the way his psychiatrist goes insane and Falls in love with him.Check out La Jetée it's a short film that inspired the movie 12 Monkeys.
I'll talk about the little kid in the ending but i don't want to spoil the movie for whoever didn't watch it
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:36 PM   #9
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Those ones were almost on my list, and really could be exchanged for any of mine, they are great movies.

This list honestly should be a top 20, because I have more then the 10 I put down. They are also not in any particular order. Usual Suspects, Goodfellas, American Beauty, Shawshank Redemption, Delores Claiborne and Pleasantville are great flicks and are on my list too.


Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
This list honestly should be a top 20, because I have more then the 10 I put down. They are also not in any particular order. Usual Suspects, Goodfellas, American Beauty, Shawshank Redemption, Delores Claiborne and Pleasantville are great flicks and are on my list too.


This thread made me realize some really good films were made in the 90's
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #11
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Usual Suspects IMO a masterpiece. How often are you caught that unaware of the plot twist at the end. Shawshank had a good twist at the end but not as good as Usual Suspects.
Plot twist was solid, but it's just a fantastic film from start to finish really. It's one that I can NEVER get sick of watching
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Twelve Monkeys is a really Great Film not Movie, Film the way Bruce Willis Character is trap in time is great.I love the way his psychiatrist goes insane and Falls in love with him.Check out La Jetée it's a short film that inspired the movie 12 Monkeys.
I'll talk about the little kid in the ending but i don't want to spoil the movie for whoever didn't watch it
I will check out when I get a chance.

In 12 monkeys i really felt the anguish of Bruce Willis character. He did a great job in that film of subtly using facial expressions and mannerisms to convey the monotony his existence.

I also felt the scenes of the future were quite good and really made an impression of life with no people on the surface, without going overboard like some movies do.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,681

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

No mention of The Sixth Sense or American Beauty? The two best films of that decade? Ebert is a clown. I always liked Gene Siskel better.

Oh, now I see American Beauty. He tied it with Schindler's List which was nothing more than another Shpielberg schmaltzfetz.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Plot twist was solid, but it's just a fantastic film from start to finish really. It's one that I can NEVER get sick of watching
Me either and generally I don't fall in love with Spacey performances. This one though was great.

I also want to say that A BRONX TALE with Robert De Niro, Chazz Palminteri deserves some credit for a great 1990's movies.

Sort of an underrated film IMO.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #15
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
This thread made me realize some really good films were made in the 90's

Forgot Jurrassic Park and Ghostbusters II...think II was in the 90s...


Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
No mention of The Sixth Sense or American Beauty? The two best films of that decade? Ebert is a clown. I always liked Gene Siskel better.
sixth sense could make my list, I really liked that movie, and if I didn't want a comedy on my list I could easily slip it in there. Good movie, fun plot twist, pretty good kid actor is Osmet.

Talk about a kid that didn't age well, poor Osmet looks like an alien now.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #17
Punisher
® Punisher Vs Judge Dredd
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Who ya Got? ®

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Plot twist was solid, but it's just a fantastic film from start to finish really. It's one that I can NEVER get sick of watching
Yea was a really Great plot twist which everyone liked.They're some plot twist that didn't really work in some movies,Like The Village and Unbreakable.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #18
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Me either and generally I don't fall in love with Spacey performances. This one though was great.

I also want to say that A BRONX TALE with Robert De Niro, Chazz Palminteri deserves some credit for a great 1990's movies.

Sort of an underrated film IMO.
Really? I love Spacey!

Spacey, Norton, Downey, Gibson and Hanks... I'll see anything those guys do.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #19
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Yea was a really Great plot twist which everyone liked.They're some plot twist that didn't really work in some movies,Like The Village and Unbreakable.
M Nyght Shamamlyanfsdasdasdf (spelling?) sucks. Sixth Sense rocked the house and the rest of them have just been boring, imo. Though I did like signs.

He's making a trilogy of this bad ass cartoon I watch with my 5 year old daughter called Avatar, so I'm excited about that, but questionable about the casting...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #20
Punisher
® Punisher Vs Judge Dredd
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Who ya Got? ®

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
No mention of The Sixth Sense or American Beauty? The two best films of that decade? Ebert is a clown. I always liked Gene Siskel better.

Oh, now I see American Beauty. He tied it with Schindler's List which was nothing more than another Shpielberg schmaltzfetz.
I really couldn't pick which film i liked better so i just Tied it up.I would of Tied my number 10 with Les Miserable and Chasing Amy but I liked Les Miserable just a slight bit better.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #21
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,681

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Here's mine:

American Beauty
Fargo
Goodfellas
The Shawshank Redemption
Silence of the Lambs
Usual Suspects
Unforgiven
Pulp Fiction
The Sixth Sense
L.A. Confidential

I can't really put them in order. They are all equally great films.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #22
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Magnolia was an awesome 90s movie too. No mention yet.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #23
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

+Tombstone
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #24
Punisher
® Punisher Vs Judge Dredd
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Who ya Got? ®

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Here's mine:

American Beauty
Fargo
Goodfellas
The Shawshank Redemption
Silence of the Lambs
Usual Suspects
Unforgiven
Pulp Fiction
The Sixth Sense
L.A. Confidential

I can't really put them in order. They are all equally great films.
I don't know about that I'll take a lot of films over Unforgiven and L.A. Confidential
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,681

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I don't know about that I'll take a lot of films over Unforgiven and L.A. Confidential
Not me, although I would have to find a way to squeeze Toy Story in there. That was a great film.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Denver Broncos