The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default The Broncos can't replace a Good Dog

I’m taking a break from the Broncos today and focusing on something else for a while, how about this topic. Dogs.

After looking in shelters in California and Washington State for almost for 4 years for the right dog SHE found me in a shelter in Long Beach, WA about 2 months ago. She picked me, I didn’t pick her. It was clearly a God thing, I’m glad I waited for her. She’s exceeded all the expectations I had when I was looking for a dog times 10.

I have to say this is one of the best things that has helped me get out of my own head recently. I haven’t had my own dog since 1986 and “Ella” (Boston Terrier) has added so much to my personal well being. She’s got more endurance than a healthy Lab and will play fetch with me as long as my old right arm will allow me too. I’m convinced she’d run herself to death if I let her. Her energy and enthusiasm for play is such a joy to watch. I forget about everything when we get out and go play.

I try to get the beach or a park at least 3 times a week. She follows me everywhere I go with the ball in her mouth ready to play at all times. She goes with me in the car without a leash and is never less than 3 feet away from me, you talk about devotion and unconditional love. She’s the greatest dog I ever seen and her exception behavior is something I still can’t believe. She’s house trained, doesn’t bark at everything that moves and is the smartest dog I ever had in my life.

I know it’s a feel good topic but how do you guys feel about your dogs? I used to get bored and nauseated with other peoples dog stories, now 23 years I think I finally get it, I won’t be dog-less again I can tell you that.

BTW, the “W” on the hat is for Wyoming not Washington, GO POKES!!

Last edited by Mile High Mojoe; 05-08-2009 at 01:50 PM..
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

I dont mind dogs but im more of a Cat guy. Nice dog though. \m/
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
Conklin
Ring of Famer

ive got two bostons myself, currently w/out power due to all the storms last night, but ill post some pics if i ever get power again
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
So then, that is a pic of you in your avatar?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
So then, that is a pic of you in your avatar?

Nah, but i guess if it was i would make love to myself all day long.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #6
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

"Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run."

Springsteen that is...
Old 05-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #7
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

My mastiff tried to eat a Boston once.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #8
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

My dog has his own Facebook fan club. If you're on Facebook, search for Boris the Angry Bulldog - you'll want to join. I don't update it all that much, but it still contains a degree of awesomeness that can't be replicated.

Just don't cross him. He'll eat your children.

DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #9
meangene
Ring of Famer

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is my 8 month old boxer pup - "Brutus". He has been great company for me the last six months. My fiance has been illegally detained outside the country for over a year now so things have been tough. She had him delivered to me for my birthday. He can be a real pain in the ass but I don't know what I would do without him.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #10
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangene View Post
This is my 8 month old boxer pup - "Brutus". He has been great company for me the last six months. My fiance has been illegally detained outside the country for over a year now so things have been tough. She had him delivered to me for my birthday. He can be a real pain in the ass but I don't know what I would do without him.
Dude, do you feel like explaining the fiance thing? That's just not something you hear every day.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Gay
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #12
meangene
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Dude, do you feel like explaining the fiance thing? That's just not something you hear every day.
It is a very long story. Basically, she has been raised in the U.S. since she was a child and has dual citizenship with the U.S. and Mexico. Her parents passed away in their hometown in Mexico and she went home for the funeral. She and her brother inherited some very valuable property. When she tried to leave to come home they accused her of having false documents (even though she had been traveling back and forth for years). They charged her with some b.s. felonies, found her guilty and sentenced her to community service and huge fines. The property did not have to be sold to pay the fines like they thought. Afterwards, they did not expunge her record as promised. Her U.S. passport was revoked because of this. After a lengthy legal battle, the convictions were overturned and the state which convicted her has been ordered to pay her a substantial amount of money. Next, we had to get her U.S passport re-issued which was hell since she was not here. It was mailed twice and intercepted twice. We got the U.S. to forward it to a non-relative friend who was able to carry it to her hidden in her luggage. I have been tagged as some kind of high risk individual and can't get into Mexico. Now, we are awaiting re-issuance of her Mexican travel documents and are having a hearing to begin the process of renouncing her Mexican citizenship. Throw in a few death threats, my home being broken into, a full-time body guard.... Welcome to our world.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

My Jindo just turned 10 last January. She is still going strong. When she was younger she could pick possums off a 10 foot block wall.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #14
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
It is a very long story. Basically, she has been raised in the U.S. since she was a child and has dual citizenship with the U.S. and Mexico. Her parents passed away in their hometown in Mexico and she went home for the funeral. She and her brother inherited some very valuable property. When she tried to leave to come home they accused her of having false documents (even though she had been traveling back and forth for years). They charged her with some b.s. felonies, found her guilty and sentenced her to community service and huge fines. The property did not have to be sold to pay the fines like they thought. Afterwards, they did not expunge her record as promised. Her U.S. passport was revoked because of this. After a lengthy legal battle, the convictions were overturned and the state which convicted her has been ordered to pay her a substantial amount of money. Next, we had to get her U.S passport re-issued which was hell since she was not here. It was mailed twice and intercepted twice. We got the U.S. to forward it to a non-relative friend who was able to carry it to her hidden in her luggage. I have been tagged as some kind of high risk individual and can't get into Mexico. Now, we are awaiting re-issuance of her Mexican travel documents and are having a hearing to begin the process of renouncing her Mexican citizenship. Throw in a few death threats, my home being broken into, a full-time body guard.... Welcome to our world.
Man, that sucks. I can only imagine how maddening that would be.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #15
meangene
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Man, that sucks. I can only imagine how maddening that would be.
Yeah, they might be right to tag me as high-risk if I ever get down there.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #16
Finger Roll
Ring of Famer

I'm more of a cat guy myself. I have a pug though
Finger Roll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #17
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Roll View Post
I'm more of a cat guy myself. I have a pug though
Your Avatar Rules.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #18
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Dogs rule.

I have a Jack Russell Terrier and a Dachshund.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #19
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
My mastiff tried to eat a Boston once.
Mastiffs were on my short list of big dogs I was interested in but since we've been living in small apartment we took a small dog until we get into our new house. If something every happens to Ella I consider a Mastiff, they're great dogs.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #20
TheManeMan
Ring of Famer

Here are a few of my dog, Drago. Purebred Siberian Husky a little over 2 years old now...Most playful dog i've had, maybe looking to get a few more for a pack.

TheManeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #21
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
My dog has his own Facebook fan club. If you're on Facebook, search for Boris the Angry Bulldog - you'll want to join. I don't update it all that much, but it still contains a degree of awesomeness that can't be replicated.

Just don't cross him. He'll eat your children.

What a great looking Dog!
Old 05-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #22
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Brutus and Drago are happy looking dogs to by the way.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #23
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

We have dogs & cats
Attached Images

broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #24
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:

Holy crap that sucks. The Mexicans make it look so easy getting into the U.S though.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #25
Borks147
the dude abides...

My weimaraner-english lab mix

Last edited by Borks147; 05-08-2009 at 05:20 PM..
Borks147 is offline   Reply With Quote