The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,715

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default anyone else think this place is getting unbearable...

its getting worse than bmania, thats for damn sure. there is about 10-12 posters that have to get into every conversation to let everyone know how bad this team will be, how every pick we have was wrong and will be a bust, how mcstalin, mc****face, mcdouchebag, you get the idea, is an awful person who is a dictator because hes involved with drills. xanders is a p***Y GM who never has any decision on anything, others are saying bowlen should actually sell the team. the man who has made the broncos relevant for the last 25 years should sell the team, whos committed to winning more than any other bronco whos ever lived. its just getting absolutely pathetic around here, you cant even come to read news because it gets crowded with how the news that is being displayed is somehow directly proportional to how mcdaniels is messing up.

so you 10-12 people, and you know who you are, give it a rest and try enjoying the team and the game once again, youll find it to be more fun and less stressful. this team is in a great position going forward, if you would take off your hater glasses and just look, you dont have to be filled with absolute optimism that we are gonna be great because we probably wont, but this team will not be so bad that you need to cry about it in every single post ever made from now to september. some of us are here to learn about the team and as a form of entertainment, stop trying to ruin it for us.

Last edited by tsiguy96; 05-07-2009 at 10:45 AM..
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2009, 10:45 AM   #2
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,169

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Stick to the Manny Ramirez thread. No mention of any of that garbage thus far.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!
 
TailgateNut's Avatar
 
.......as much as tebonites

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mile High
Posts: 20,050

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Stick to the Manny Ramirez thread. No mention of any of that garbage thus far.

Just give 'em time.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy
 
mr007's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
its getting worse than bmania, thats for damn sure. there is about 10-12 posters that have to get into every conversation to let everyone know how bad this team will be, how every pick we have was wrong and will be a bust, how mcstalin, mc****face, mcdouchebag, you get the idea, is an awful person who is a dictator because hes involved with drills. xanders is a p***Y GM who never has any decision on anything, others are saying bowlen should actually sell the team. the man who has made the broncos relevant for the last 25 years should sell the team, whos committed to winning more than any other bronco whos ever lived. its just getting absolutely pathetic around here, you cant even come to read news because it gets crowded with how the news that is being displayed is somehow directly proportional to how mcdaniels is messing up.

so you 10-12 people, and you know who you are, give it a rest and try enjoying the team and the game once again, youll find it to be more fun and less stressful. this team is in a great position going forward, if you would take off your hater glasses and just look, you dont have to be filled with absolute optimism that we are gonna be great because we probably wont, but this team will not be so bad that you need to cry about it in every single post ever made from now to september. some of us are here to learn about the team and as a form of entertainment, stop trying to ruin it for us.
Did you ever consider yourself to be one of those posters who doesn't view anything objectively and actually consider that other people have opinions that don't match yours, yet are still fans?
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,715

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr007 View Post
Did you ever consider yourself to be one of those posters who doesn't view anything objectively and actually consider that other people have opinions that don't match yours, yet are still fans?
try reading the whole post again. this forum has become a few people spouting over everyone else a opinion of negativity and failure and its ruining this board, far more than it has in the last 2 years.

if you view things objectively, such as the jay cutler timeline, you will see that its absolutely jay cutlers fault he is not a bronco, yet people still blame it on mcdaniels. look at the draft picks this year, given the true nature of our red zone efficiency and horrible secondary last year, people still complain about how bad the draft was. then they project it will put the team down for 10 YEARS or more. so pathetic.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,854

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr007 View Post
Did you ever consider yourself to be one of those posters who doesn't view anything objectively and actually consider that other people have opinions that don't match yours, yet are still fans?
Exactly ... suffice to say that whichever posters fall into tsi's groups, it is just his opinion.
BroncoBuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #7
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,715

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Exactly ... suffice to say that whichever posters fall into tsi's groups, it is just his opinion.
you are the prime example of this. you only see how the team is being hurt, you refuse to accept that mcdaniels is improving the team. listen to him talk, look at the quality of the players being brought in and the players being kicked out, teh quality of the coaches, and tell me this team is not being improved.

you constantly spout off your pathetic negativity, you WANT this team to fail. if they do, you will come back saying "i told you so" as if that makes you a smarter, better FAN of the team. if you think they will be so bad, stop following them until a coach that YOU like is coaching them. it may be awhile.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #8
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,481

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Instead of starting a thread about it, why don't you just leave?

If you don't like the place, go. We were just fine all the years without you, and quite honestly, your posts add nothing here.

Last edited by Taco John; 05-07-2009 at 10:56 AM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #9
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter
 
footstepsfrom#27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 16,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr007 View Post
Did you ever consider yourself to be one of those posters who doesn't view anything objectively and actually consider that other people have opinions that don't match yours, yet are still fans?
Rep.

Go back and review the past few seasons by date of post and you'll find this is what the offseason is for and it happens in here each season...thrashing things out and engaging in debate. It happened in Shanny's regime...it's happening now...and it will go on after McScumsuckingSatan and his evil hordes of Patriot clones are long gone.

What's funny...is people acting like it's something new and constantly harping on it.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #10
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,854

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
if you view things objectively, such as the jay cutler timeline, you will see that its absolutely jay cutlers fault he is not a bronco, yet people still blame it on mcdaniels.
That is TRULY hilarious ... your opinion is "objective," right? You should look up the word "objective" there sonny.

The thing that stuck me about the Cutler mess was a comparison to the NBA. Far fewer players, but that league has come to grips with the reality that there are a few stars, and the rest are just JAGs.

The Cutler thing would have never come CLOSE to happening in the NBA. The idea of a rookie head coach chasing off a Carmelo for example, that just would not have happened. Period.
BroncoBuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #11
BABronco
RP2012
 
BABronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,173

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Stick to the Manny Ramirez thread. No mention of any of that garbage thus far.
is that a challenge?
BABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #12
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,715

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Instead of starting a thread about it, why don't you just leave?

If you don't like the place, go. We were just fine all the years without you, and honestly, your posts add nothing here.
funny, you say that about everyone when they make a claim that this place is starting to suck, then a few months later everyone complains about good posters leaving. you own a bronco forum yet you hate half the team. imagine that.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #13
worm
Great moments are born...
 
worm's Avatar
 
...from great opportunity

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,902

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#20
Default

Congrats TSI. You just made it up to #9 on the all-time Slappy poster countdown list with this thread.

Idiot.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #14
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,715

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
Congrats TSI. You just made it up to #9 on the all-time Slappy poster countdown list with this thread.

Idiot.
good call. im gonna go cry about how bad this team is gonna suck. brb.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #15
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,481

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
funny, you say that about everyone when they make a claim that this place is starting to suck, then a few months later everyone complains about good posters leaving. you own a bronco forum yet you hate half the team. imagine that.
I've heard it since 2002 when we went into our second season. I've heard it every single year, as though I've got some magic wand to stop the ebbs and flows of people's emotions. Posters come and go... that's their perogative. I'm not here to beg anyone to stay. I'm here to keep the forum operating - which is difficult to do because it grows so fast. This forum sucks so much that every time I make a hardware upgrade that I expect to last us years, it outgrows the specs in half the time that I think it will.

Good posters come. Good posters go. We weren't talking about good posters. We were talking about you.

If you don't like the place, there's a simple solution: leave.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #16
HEAV
Ring of Famer
 
HEAV's Avatar
 
It's about the Team

Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Ville
Posts: 12,040

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Instead of starting a thread about it, why don't you just leave?

If you don't like the place, go. We were just fine all the years without you, and quite honestly, your posts add nothing here.
TJ again ignoring the point.

Just scrap the Mane and call this place the "Followers of Shanny" and wait and see what team he ends up with in 2010. While waiting you can slam McDaniels until the team starts playing and winning.

But I'm sure you will spin this into "You one of the people that bring this place down too and you should leave also." Yet you let Mock, Bob, Skunk and a few other bad poster hang around and bring the place down.

It's a shame. This place could and should have been the number one Broncos fan site on the net. Before you start spouting it is, sadly it isn't.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #17
kamakazi_kal
......
 
kamakazi_kal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller
Default

You can always put the people with opinions that differ from your sunny view on ignore.

until this team starts getting some wins, I reserve the right to have my opinion and question the decisions made.
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #18
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,854

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
good call. im gonna go cry about how bad this team is gonna suck. brb.
You have a point in that "fans" are by nominal definition blue-sky homers ... but you don't have to be a blue-sky homer to be a loyal fan. That's the part you're missing. Some of the best sports fans anywhere are Boston Red Sox fans ... and they constantly question and second-guess moves.

Curiosity tsi ... what is your prediction for this season's record?
BroncoBuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:07 AM   #19
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,481

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Ignoring the point? The point is, I'm not here to force Broncos fans to love the moves that the team is making. If you want a forum where people are homers and love every move the team makes without making any criticism or conjecture, you're in the wrong place.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #20
HEAV
Ring of Famer
 
HEAV's Avatar
 
It's about the Team

Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Ville
Posts: 12,040

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default



Now the thread is in the butt... how typical Homer Lame.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #21
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,481

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Seriously, if this place is unbearable, it's simple: leave. Lighten the load for the server. I can't hardly keep up with the growth of this place, and I hate to see valuable server space wasted on people who find it unbearable.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #22
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy
 
mr007's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
try reading the whole post again. this forum has become a few people spouting over everyone else a opinion of negativity and failure and its ruining this board, far more than it has in the last 2 years.

if you view things objectively, such as the jay cutler timeline, you will see that its absolutely jay cutlers fault he is not a bronco, yet people still blame it on mcdaniels. look at the draft picks this year, given the true nature of our red zone efficiency and horrible secondary last year, people still complain about how bad the draft was. then they project it will put the team down for 10 YEARS or more. so pathetic.
Objective - not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion.

So if you "interpret" the Jay Cutler time line you are using a "subjective" opinion. The whole point of people blaming something one way or another without complete access to every fact is considered a "subjective" opinion. You cannot possibly have an objective opinion on the matter, which is why you see 2 sides for how people interpret it, subjectively.

Yes people complain about the draft and they complain about the way the team appears to be going in their eyes. Just like you are subjectively stating that the team is going in a good direction.

The only issue I see with this board, is the people who are hell-bent on calling out others for their difference of opinion. Just because someone is unhappy with what happened with Cutler, how we handled the draft, or anything else that is going on within the organization, they are more than entitled to that opinion, and that does not make them any less of a fan or moronic than you.

In the end, none of us have a subjective view of the draft, post-Cutler, etc because it simply is not possible at the present moment. Those that are pro-the majority of what's going on will be like "see, told ya so" if we do well next year. Those that are complaining will do the same if we do poorly.

The majority of your posts place you in the exact context of what you don't like on this board, albeit on the opposite side of the coin based on the support side.
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:11 AM   #23
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,715

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
You have a point in that "fans" are by nominal definition blue-sky homers ... but you don't have to be a blue-sky homer to be a loyal fan. That's the part you're missing. Some of the best sports fans anywhere are Boston Red Sox fans ... and they constantly question and second-guess moves.

Curiosity tsi ... what is your prediction for this season's record?
are you really that stupid? honestly?

how does a "wait and see" approach make me a homer? because i refuse to say that this year is a failure until i see it on the field? if they are on the field and look like the lions, i will say they suck, its that simple. theres a difference between being a blue sky homer and not being a pissy crab ant over everything just because YOU, armchair GM, would not have done the same thing (speaking of which, id love to see you run a team. 2008 lions would kill them)

instead of predicting doom, gloom and failure for everyone, why not SEE if they will be good? ****ing baby
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #24
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,715

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr007 View Post
Objective - not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion.

So if you "interpret" the Jay Cutler time line you are using a "subjective" opinion. The whole point of people blaming something one way or another without complete access to every fact is considered a "subjective" opinion. You cannot possibly have an objective opinion on the matter, which is why you see 2 sides for how people interpret it, subjectively.

Yes people complain about the draft and they complain about the way the team appears to be going in their eyes. Just like you are subjectively stating that the team is going in a good direction.

The only issue I see with this board, is the people who are hell-bent on calling out others for their difference of opinion. Just because someone is unhappy with what happened with Cutler, how we handled the draft, or anything else that is going on within the organization, they are more than entitled to that opinion, and that does not make them any less of a fan or moronic than you.

In the end, none of us have a subjective view of the draft, post-Cutler, etc because it simply is not possible at the present moment. Those that are pro-the majority of what's going on will be like "see, told ya so" if we do well next year. Those that are complaining will do the same if we do poorly.

The majority of your posts place you in the exact context of what you don't like on this board, albeit on the opposite side of the coin based on the support side.
no, my viewpoint always has been and always will lets SEE how the team performs first instead of whining how its all gonna fail. and yes, jay cutler isnot a bronco because he does not want to be one. that is the 100% absolute truth, if he would just answer his phone, he would be a bronco. but his feelings were hurt, and even the most avid cutler supports cannot argue that.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #25
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,481

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
Yet you let Mock, Bob, Skunk and a few other bad poster hang around and bring the place down.

Yeah, I also let you hang around here. You see the theme that's developing? I'm not here to ban people because I don't like/agree with them. I'm here to provide a forum that provides a spectrum of opinion.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Denver Broncos