The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often

Default I'd like to test the water on the Cutler hating

Who will have a better record this year?
Chicago?
or Denver?

Chicago has no OL and no WRs but they have a Probowl QB.
Denver has a VG OL, RB and WR but their D-line is subpar.

I'll bet all takers $20 that Chicago will have a better regular season record.

Last edited by Atlas; 05-04-2009 at 08:14 PM..
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
skpac1001
Ring of Famer

I brings the ruckus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I am up for it.
skpac1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

You asked for it here comes the Cutler haters
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #4
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Chicago?
or Denver?

I'll bet all takers $20 that Chicago will have a better regularseason record.
cutler was a pro bowler behind a great OL and good receivers......and he still made a lot of bonehead decisions. Imagine when he only has 2 seconds to get rid of the ball to subpar receivers. I doubt he is a pro bowler this year.

However I think our records will be about the same. 8-8 Our offense outscores 8 teams, and their defense shuts out 8 teams.
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
Merlin
Ring of Famer

Not only will they have a better record, but they will go into the playoffs, and might win at least a couple. I don't see Denver winning more than 4. No QB, I have seen nothing to make me think the D is going to miraculously improve.

Our OL is good, but Cutler's mobility and arm had something to do with that. Denver should have a better running game, which will help protect the QB, but I don't see them doing that well. If I knew better what to expect of McD I might change my mind on Denver wins, but not the final outcome in comparison with the Bears.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by I bleed orange and blue View Post
cutler was a pro bowler behind a great OL and good receivers......and he still made a lot of bonehead decisions. Imagine when he only has 2 seconds to get rid of the ball to subpar receivers. I doubt he is a pro bowler this year.

However I think our records will be about the same. 8-8 Our offense outscores 8 teams, and their defense shuts out 8 teams.
If you think it will be a push go ahead and bet. It might be a push or you might get lucky.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
TonyR
Franchise Poster

What does this have to do with hating Cutler?

Chicago will have the better record but it will have very little to do with Cutler vs. Orton. Denver will have more new players on its roster than any team in the league, a mostly new coaching staff, new schemes, a new playbook, and a very difficult schedule.

It's going to take more than one year to abandon the mediocrity this franchise in currently mired in.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Quote:
If you think it will be a push go ahead and bet. It might be a push or you might get lucky.
how about i bet you $20, 7-16 wins i win, 0-5 wins, you win, 6 we tie?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
Merlin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
cutler was a pro bowler behind a great OL and good receivers......and he still made a lot of bonehead decisions.
I totally agree about his bonehead decisions, but there is no doubt last year's team would have been lucky to win 6 games with virtually any other QB back there. As to Denver's OL and WR, yes they are good, but people fail to recognize how much of their success had to do with Cutler's mobility and arm. Our WR will look a lot more avg without a QB to compensate for BM, at times, poor routes and the tight spaces Royal got the ball in.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:19 PM   #10
Atlas

Quote:
how about i bet you $20, 7-16 wins i win, 0-5 wins, you win, 6 we tie?
For Denver? I'll give you 7 wins and higher. I'll take 6 wins and lower.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Quote:
For Denver? I'll give you 7 wins and higher. I'll take 6 wins and lower.
how about you get 6 and everything lower, ill take everything above 6, including 6.5 (tie)
Old 05-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #12
Atlas

Quote:

What some people don't understand and I take it you are one of them. Cutler is in his third year in the league. In his only second season of starting he threw for 4600 yards and 22 TDs and 18 INTS.

If that offense would have been kept together like Bowlen said he would. Denver would be looking top 5 in scoring, top 1 or 2 in offense. With the maturity of the OL, RB, WR and TEs hell everyone on offense had less than 4 years NFL experience. They would have been deadly.

I really can't wait for Shanny to come back and kick McFailure's ass.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #13
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

What does Chicagos schedule look like?

How bout we do this against common opponents? Or do the two not have but a couple games against the same team? I'll see if I can pull up the schedules here at work. Most sites get blocked but I'll see what I can manage.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:28 PM   #14
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I really can't wait for Shanny to come back and kick McFailure's ass.
So you'll be rooting against the Broncos when Shanny's coaching the opponent?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #15
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

I'll take you up on it. The two teams only have 5 common games. So I will take your bet that Denver will have the better record.

On a side bet, I'll bet you 10 bucks that the Lions split with the Bears this season.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #16
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:

try to bring his team back after give up the lead 5 times.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #17
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

No reason to hate Jay. He carried this franchise on his back the last two seasons. It's not his fault Denver didn't make the playoffs.

In the end, we could use the higher draft pick but Chicago will be competing for a NFC North championship and realistically, they'll make a play for the NFC title.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #18
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Chicago?
or Denver?

I'll bet all takers $20 that Chicago will have a better regular season record.
I dont bet with money, however, your analysis is pretty weak. Let's take a better, in depth look at the two TEAMS.

Both teams play in the two of the worst divisions in football. With each team having one clearly better team in their division (Minnesota and San Diego respectively).

Chicago plays: @ GB, Pit, @Sea, Det, @Atl, @Cin, Cle, Arizona, @SF, Phi, @Min, Stl, @Bal, Min, @Det.

Looking at that, you can be sure Cutler will cost them 2 games, and win them 2 games, he ends up being a wash. The defense will bail him out of 2 games, but they are aging and not going to be as lucky next year in their interceptions. They will likely lose the GB, Pitt, Atl, Zona, Philly, Min x2, and Baltimore games. Leaving them at 8-8.

Denver plays: @Cin, Cle, @Oak, Dal, NE, @SD, @Bal, Pit, @Was, SD, NYG, @KC, @Ind, Oak, @Phi, KC.

On the surface, Denver's schedule looks considerably more difficult. A good portion of their toughest games, however, are at home which gives Denver a slight advantage. Denver should win the first 3 games, split the next two, drop the SD road game, split the next two again, take the next 4, lose to Indy, beat Oakland and KC but lose at Philly.

That puts Denver at 11-5.

Denver went 8-8 last year and could have fared 10-6 if Cutler hadn't crapped his pants the last 3 games of the season. Sure the defense didnt do him any favors in 2 of those final 3 games, but he shouldnt have been shocked to see that and should have stepped up knowing our defense sucked balls instead he folded like a cheap whore.

So, Im going to say Denver, with a MUCH improved Defense (just in safeties and coaching alone), a less mistake prone QB who you know, actually knows what its like to have a WINNING record in the NFL and College, the best OL in the league, a kick ass WR corps, some above average TEs and an, on paper anyway, kick ass backfield.

Oh yeah, we are doing better than Chi-town next year.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #19
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Bears will, we'll only win 6-7 games.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #20
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
I dont bet with money, however, your analysis is pretty weak. Let's take a better, in depth look at the two TEAMS.

Both teams play in the two of the worst divisions in football. With each team having one clearly better team in their division (Minnesota and San Diego respectively).

Chicago plays: @ GB, Pit, @Sea, Det, @Atl, @Cin, Cle, Arizona, @SF, Phi, @Min, Stl, @Bal, Min, @Det.

Looking at that, you can be sure Cutler will cost them 2 games, and win them 2 games, he ends up being a wash. The defense will bail him out of 2 games, but they are aging and not going to be as lucky next year in their interceptions. They will likely lose the GB, Pitt, Atl, Zona, Philly, Min x2, and Baltimore games. Leaving them at 8-8.

Denver plays: @Cin, Cle, @Oak, Dal, NE, @SD, @Bal, Pit, @Was, SD, NYG, @KC, @Ind, Oak, @Phi, KC.

On the surface, Denver's schedule looks considerably more difficult. A good portion of their toughest games, however, are at home which gives Denver a slight advantage. Denver should win the first 3 games, split the next two, drop the SD road game, split the next two again, take the next 4, lose to Indy, beat Oakland and KC but lose at Philly.

That puts Denver at 11-5.

Denver went 8-8 last year and could have fared 10-6 if Cutler hadn't crapped his pants the last 3 games of the season. Sure the defense didnt do him any favors in 2 of those final 3 games, but he shouldnt have been shocked to see that and should have stepped up knowing our defense sucked balls instead he folded like a cheap whore.

So, Im going to say Denver, with a MUCH improved Defense (just in safeties and coaching alone), a less mistake prone QB who you know, actually knows what its like to have a WINNING record in the NFL and College, the best OL in the league, a kick ass WR corps, some above average TEs and an, on paper anyway, kick ass backfield.

Oh yeah, we are doing better than Chi-town next year.
Another idiot take by Alec. Why do you waste 15 minutes writing this crap?
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #21
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

The ONLY reason Chicago will have a better record is b/c they play a hugely soft schedule while the Broncos play on the opposite end of that spectrum. Not sure even the Chargers will play a schedule as tough as ours.

I'll put it this way, if we had the Bears on our schedule we would beat them head to head. We're a better team than the Bears but the records won't indicate such. Cheap bet Atlas.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #22
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Why do you waste 15 minutes reading it dip****?

You talk a lot of **** for a p***Y.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #23
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler

Todd Snider Rules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler

Quote:

Most of the Bonehead decisions were made when he had time...it could be better for him not to have time.
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:21 PM   #24
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler

Todd Snider Rules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
It took you 15 minutes to read that? Hmm.
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:24 PM   #25
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

I wouldn't say Bears will have a shi**y O line. Williams was injured last year and if Pace returns to form, they may be solid. We will really find out how great of a QB Jay really is in Chicago. Many believe his numbers were inflated because of the talent around him. By most accounts the Chicago WR's are terrible, but great QB's make mediocre players look pretty good. Does Brett Farve go play for Minnesota? And how does that effect the outcome?
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote