The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default TD on the Hall and Cutler

Retired Broncos RB Terrell Davis said he isn't overly concerned about making the Pro Football Hall of Fame. (Kevin Terrell / NFL Photos)

NFL Network analyst Terrell Davis participated in an NFL.com chat Wednesday. And while he didnít set the record for most questions answered, he did give thoughtful responses to some of the pressing questions that many Broncos fans likely have.

Davis admitted that he was puzzled by the Broncosí decision to trade QB Jay Cutler to the Bears and believes that new coach Josh McDaniels is receiving too much credit for the success in New England. But Davis is willing to give the coach and the organization the benefit of the doubt ó refusing to root for an 0-16 season as some fan suggested. And just in case you named your dog ďCutler,Ē as one fan on the chat claimed to do, Davis feels that itís cool to still root for the quarterback in Chicago, but the team comes first.

One of the most pertinent questions was: What are Davisí thoughts on the Pro Football Hall of Fame? You canít really tell the story of the NFL without mentioning Davis, who was one of the faces of the league in the 1990s. Heís forever linked with John Elway and often is credited with getting the QB over the hump and to two Super Bowl victories. Davis should be in.

So, how about it, Terrell? What do you think?

ďI donít make a big deal out of it because it wasnít a goal of mine,Ē Davis wrote. ďI didnít play football with the Hall of Fame in mind. It wasnít something that I set out to achieve. If it happens, I will be the happiest man on the planet. But if it doesnít, it canít take away from what I accomplished. It will only add to it. Itís the icing of the cake. But my cake tastes pretty good right now.Ē

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/30/hall...ll-davis-mind/
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #2
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,300

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
refusing to root for an 0-16 season as some fan suggested.
Like I said, there are fans out there who are so blinded by their hatred of McDaniels they want the team to fail so he'll leave town.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"
 
watermock's Avatar
 
"Hug me!"

Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hot Springs, Ouachitah
Posts: 76,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Like I said, there are fans out there who are so blinded by their hatred of McDaniels they want the team to fail so he'll leave town.

Care to name a few?
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:39 PM   #4
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,300

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
Care to name a few?
I quoted the fan who suggested it. It was kind of the point of my post.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:49 PM   #5
OrangeRising
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boondocks Ohio
Posts: 276
Default

I don't hate McDaniels, and I don't hope he fails. As a matter of fact, I would be overjoyed if he was to become the most successful coach in the Bronco franchise history.

But he won't be. Just my opinion. He's smug to the point of arrogance. The idea that he knows better than anyone in the NFL the top 100 draft prospects that fit his scheme to exclusion of every other player is as laughable as it is alarming, and it is very alarming.

His secretive, back-room trade talks that leaked out during the early Cutler discussions, then playing fast and loose with the truth, or half-truths are exactly the kind of personality traits I really dislike about some people I have known and worked with.

The fact that he then couldn't close the deal after starting the ball rolling seems fairly typical of arrogant fools who really don't know what they're doing.

But, gosh, why wouldn't all Broncos fans want to jump willy-nilly on that bandwagon. When Pat is sober, he's all in. Go figure.
OrangeRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:10 AM   #6
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules
 
DarkHorse30's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,228

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeRising View Post

But he won't be. Just my opinion. He's smug to the point of arrogance. The idea that he knows better than anyone in the NFL the top 100 draft prospects that fit his scheme to exclusion of every other player is as laughable as it is alarming, and it is very alarming.

His secretive, back-room trade talks that leaked out during the early Cutler discussions, then playing fast and loose with the truth, or half-truths are exactly the kind of personality traits I really dislike about some people I have known and worked with.

The fact that he then couldn't close the deal after starting the ball rolling seems fairly typical of arrogant fools who really don't know what they're doing.

But, gosh, why wouldn't all Broncos fans want to jump willy-nilly on that bandwagon. When Pat is sober, he's all in. Go figure.
Laughable. You think ANY NFL player is above being shopped? Cutler's reaction was the funny part. I'm glad that he found a team that he liked, maybe he'll learn how to win more.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:22 AM   #7
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,617
Default

Terrell Davis is my favorite Bronco of all time but he'll NEVER make the Hall of Fame. I don't know why he's even asked this question. His career was just too short due to the injury.

McD given too much credit for the Pats success? Maybe. I personally don't think he's THE reason for their success but I certainly think he deserves at least some credit for it. What impresses me most about him is that he was so highly thought of by Belichick at such a young age and given such a high profile and important job in one of the best (if not THE best) organizations in the league. Guys in their 20's don't move up the chain so quickly unless they're really talented and impressing the hell out of people.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #8
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
Laughable. You think ANY NFL player is above being shopped? Cutler's reaction was the funny part. I'm glad that he found a team that he liked, maybe he'll learn how to win more.
No player is above being shopped. Many just question the competence of an individual who would WANT TO shop a player like Cutler in the first place.. and for a player like Cassell no less.. Whatever, it's over, i'm still going to pay attention to what Cutler does but go Broncos...
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:04 AM   #9
pokenation
Rookie
 
whatever.....

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southwest Wyomng
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeRising View Post
I don't hate McDaniels, and I don't hope he fails. As a matter of fact, I would be overjoyed if he was to become the most successful coach in the Bronco franchise history.

But he won't be. Just my opinion. He's smug to the point of arrogance. The idea that he knows better than anyone in the NFL the top 100 draft prospects that fit his scheme to exclusion of every other player is as laughable as it is alarming, and it is very alarming.

His secretive, back-room trade talks that leaked out during the early Cutler discussions, then playing fast and loose with the truth, or half-truths are exactly the kind of personality traits I really dislike about some people I have known and worked with.

The fact that he then couldn't close the deal after starting the ball rolling seems fairly typical of arrogant fools who really don't know what they're doing.

But, gosh, why wouldn't all Broncos fans want to jump willy-nilly on that bandwagon. When Pat is sober, he's all in. Go figure.

can you honestly say, and know for a fact, that these practices don't happened with the other owners, coaches and teams?

if you believe that the broncos and Mcwhateveryoucallhim are the only "backroom talkers", "top 100 player board" team/coach, i have some property for you to come take a look at! just because it came out in public, you don't like him, but if you didn't know any better (shannahan) it would be great and dandy. We're not in Kansas any more toto!!

this **** happens everday in professional sports, if you don't like the idea and the people that do it....then don't be a fan.

the rationale of some people just blows me away!!

Last edited by pokenation; 05-02-2009 at 08:11 AM..
pokenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:09 AM   #10
KillerBronco#76
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
KillerBronco#76's Avatar
 
"The Beast" From the east

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Like I said, there are fans out there who are so blinded by their hatred of McDaniels they want the team to fail so he'll leave town.
We like to call that the Rush Limbaugh approach to being a fan. Act like you support the team. When you really don't.
KillerBronco#76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #11
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 11,810
Default

I see a 10+ loss season coming up because of all the horrible moves that have been made this offseason, but I'm certainly not rooting for that. I want them to prove me wrong. Any fan that wants the team to lose just so they'll be right can hop off the bandwagon. I'd rather be wrong and this team be great then be right and this team suck.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:09 AM   #12
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Terrell Davis is my favorite Bronco of all time but he'll NEVER make the Hall of Fame. I don't know why he's even asked this question. His career was just too short due to the injury.
then Gale Sayers doesn't belong either.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:11 AM   #13
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBronco#76 View Post
We like to call that the Rush Limbaugh approach to being a fan. Act like you support the team. When you really don't.
that's a stupid remark.

or what we like to call a Genuine Biden Moment of Stupidity by you.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:19 AM   #14
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,092

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
I see a 10+ loss season coming up because of all the horrible moves that have been made this offseason, but I'm certainly not rooting for that. I want them to prove me wrong. Any fan that wants the team to lose just so they'll be right can hop off the bandwagon. I'd rather be wrong and this team be great then be right and this team suck.
Just a question. I can understand why you'd think getting rid of JC was a horrible move, but what are the others?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #15
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,092

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
that's a stupid remark.

or what we like to call a Genuine Biden Moment of Stupidity by you.
Actually Rush limbagh doesnt pretend, he's actually said he wants the democrats to fail. He's just a wonderful human being, that fat ass pill popper.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #16
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Ramathorn's Avatar
 
M E O W

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Little Hocking, OH
Posts: 913

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I quoted the fan who suggested it. It was kind of the point of my post.
I hate mcdaniels with every shred of my being. But I dont want the team to lose any games. I just want them to come to a realization in the next 2 years that it was a mistake and ****can him. The jets fired mangenius after a 9-7 season. we can do the same..
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #17
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,545

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

The Hall should make amends to Bronco fans by putting Little, TD, Atwater, and Sharpe all in simultaneously this year.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:04 AM   #18
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Actually Rush limbagh doesnt pretend, he's actually said he wants the democrats to fail. He's just a wonderful human being, that fat ass pill popper.
of course he wants democrats to fail. this democrat congress and this know-nothing done-nothing idiot president we now have want to destroy this country and reshape it in the mold of some quasi-socialist democracy like they have in Northern Europe. i want that sonofab**** to fail to!

and your idiot democrat leaders wanted Bush Jr. to fail back and 2000 and said exactly that on the sunday morning political shows. in fact, there is a sound clip of Carville saying "he didn't want Bush to succeed".

i honestly don't care what anybody's politics are on the OM so long as they keep it in the politics forum. when it bleeds over into football stories, then i for one am not going to sit by and let ad hominem attacks go unanswered.

Last edited by Gort; 05-02-2009 at 11:25 AM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #19
snowspot66
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos4life79 View Post
I hate mcdaniels with every shred of my being. But I dont want the team to lose any games. I just want them to come to a realization in the next 2 years that it was a mistake and ****can him. The jets fired mangenius after a 9-7 season. we can do the same..
They fired him after a collapse only slightly less awful than ours.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #20
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

As TD stated, "root for the team first." If wanting McDaniels fired, you know that isn't happening if the team is winning. So which is more important? Win games or the coach fired so your point whatever it is is somehow proven?
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #21
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,445
Default

I've yet to hear a single analyst or pro suggest that trading away Cutler was a good idea. While I'm sure most of are you are the bastion of football savvy and knowledge, perhaps these other guys might know what they are talking about. I've heard nothing but bafflement and confusion from all the professionals so far, in trying to access what McD is doing.

I'm always for the team, I'll root for the team (and McD) as long as he is here. But the blind faith from folks for this coach who has done nothing but dismantle the team and won 0 games for us so far just staggers me.

All experts and analysts: "McDaniels is making all sorts of mistakes and questionable decisions."

People on this board: "Omg McDaniels is a GOD! He is BRILLIANT and you are stupid for saying otherwise!!!"

I guess I'm just very confused why some people are so up on this guy. Replacing almost all of your team doesn't mean you are magically going to be better. It's much more likely we will be very mediocre for years to come. But keep sipping that koolaid I guess.

As far as being a fan: I've been a Bronco fan since before this guy was BORN! I sure as hell don't feel the need to kiss his ass just because he is our coach now. He needs to prove he can do what he cockily thinks he can do. Either this guy really is brilliant, and he is going to prove everyone wrong who doubted, or this team is going to be a wreck. Time will tell.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #22
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Trading Cutler was done because he wanted to be traded. There's nothing hard to understand there. They could have just kept him anyway and taken the chance he'd learn to be happy, but they decided to move on and not have someone hang around who wasn't happy.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #23
tnedator
Ring of Famer
 
tnedator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
He be gone..
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Like I said, there are fans out there who are so blinded by their hatred of McDaniels they want the team to fail so he'll leave town.
As there were some that felt the same way about Shanahan in the end. As a long time Broncos' fan (and Mets fan), I can't fathom that mindset. I have never hoped the Broncos or Mets lose, regardless of whether I was happy with the current GM, Manager/Coach or key players. I am a fan of the team and always hope they win as many times as possible.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #24
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

I agree that trading him was prolly stupid, we dont know that yet...what happens if the betuus cuts his career short?? Then who got the better end of the deal?? Unless they win a super bowl while he is there then i'll say we got the better end of the deal!!

Reguardless of what this team does...i don't care who the owner is, who the QB is, who we draft, who the coach is, who we trade, what the damn record is...I'M A DENVER BRONCOS FAN TILL I DIE!!!!

maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #25
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,092

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
of course he wants democrats to fail. this democrat congress and this know-nothing done-nothing idiot president we now have want to destroy this country and reshape it in the mold of some quasi-socialist democracy like they have in Northern Europe. i want that sonofab**** to fail to!

and your idiot democrat leaders wanted Bush Jr. to fail back and 2000 and said exactly that on the sunday morning political shows. in fact, there is a sound clip of Carville saying "he didn't want Bush to succeed".

i honestly don't care what anybody's politics are on the OM so long as they keep it in the politics forum. when it bleeds over into football stories, then i for one am not going to sit by and let ad hominem attacks go unanswered.
As ive said before, I can't take anyone who follows Ayn Rand's philosophy seriously. Your way FAILED. It will NEVER work.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Denver Broncos