The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
telluride
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
--Rulon!--
Default Moreno + Ayers = Clady + Royal

After reading some profiles of the two new guys, I'm getting a good vibe. High character. Hard workers. Smart. Team-first. They remind me a lot of last year's first two picks, and I'm hoping they both succeed as quickly, and have an equal impact.
telluride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i think Alphonso SMith is this years Royal.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
ward63
Go Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Zac Dysert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i think Alphonso SMith is this years Royal.
I really really hope you are right...
ward63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #4
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by telluride View Post
After reading some profiles of the two new guys, I'm getting a good vibe. High character. Hard workers. Smart. Team-first. They remind me a lot of last year's first two picks, and I'm hoping they both succeed as quickly, and have an equal impact.
yea i saw Moreno's interview on both NFLN and ESPN...

very impressive to say the least...

i think he can be the best back in the AFC in 2yrs or less...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Moreno = Maroney + Faulk

Smith (5'9'' 193 lbs) = Asante Samuel (5'10'' 185 lbs)

Last edited by cousinal11; 04-27-2009 at 12:10 PM..
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinal11 View Post
Moreno = Maroney + Faulk

Smith = Asante Samuel
Moreno = Thurman Thomas...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #7
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Moreno = Maroney + Faulk

Smith (5'9'' 193 lbs) = Asante Samuel (5'10'' 185 lbs)
barf
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
barf
Look, I'm as disgusted as anyone with the way this offseason has unfolded. If I could say one thing to Josh McDaniels, I would b**** slap him.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out you feel the same way, so are you barfing on my forced optimism or my player comparison?
Old 04-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #9
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Look, I'm as disgusted as anyone with the way this offseason has unfolded. If I could say one thing to Josh McDaniels, I would b**** slap him.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out you feel the same way, so are you barfing on my forced optimism or my player comparison?
Maroney hasnt really been uitilized well since he has been in NE. Last year the opportunity presented itself since Brady got injured but so was Maroney. And Faulk is way overhyped just because he is on NE. If you put Faulk on another team, he's no big deal. If Moreno is going to be drafted at 12 and play for Denver, he better be more than Maroney+Faulk. I also get tired of constant references to NE's offense. Id take our offenses from the 90s over anything NE has done in a heartbeat. Id rather have our next TD than Maroney+Faulk...thats what we need. Maroney + Faulk is a reference to a team that lost the SB because they had a pass happy OC. TD played for a team that won SBs because of a balanced team that had an epic running game. The only way for me to stomach the idea of McDaniels being coach is the idea that he is going to run the ball more. And I really hope its not all this running out of the shotgun **** where the run is set up by the Welker screen that they run 30 times a game. Barf.

And though I like Smith, he is in the position of extreme misfortune of being tied to an extremely divisive head coach. Its a shame because I like him but every time I see him, I will automatically think of what we had to give up to get him and get annoyed. Smith better deliver this year.

Last edited by lex; 04-27-2009 at 01:28 PM..
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #10
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Quote:
Maroney hasnt really been uitilized well since he has been in NE. Last year the opportunity presented itself since Brady got injured but so was Maroney. And Faulk is way overhyped just because he is on NE. If you put Faulk on another team, he's no big deal. If Moreno is going to be drafted at 12 and play for Denver, he better be more than Maroney+Faulk. I also get tired of constant references to NE's offense. Id take our offenses from the 90s over anything NE has done in a heartbeat. Id rather have our next TD than Maroney+Faulk...thats what we need. Maroney + Faulk is a reference to a team that lost the SB because they had a pass happy QB. TD played for a team that won SBs because of a balanced team that had an epic running game. The only way for me to stomach the idea of McDaniels being coach is the idea that he is going to run the ball more. And I really hope its not all this running out of the shotgun **** where the run is set up by the Welker screen that they run 30 times a game. Barf.

And though I like Smith, he is in the position of extreme misfortune of being tied to an extremely divisive head coach. Its a shame because I like him but every time I see him, I will automatically think of what we had to give up to get him and get annoyed. Smith better deliver this year.

Fair enough. I'm thinking/hoping Moreno will be an every down back and I'm thinking/hoping mcdaniels drafted him to do that. Pass protection and recieving skills are a couple of Moreno's strengths, along with well...running.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #11
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward63 View Post
I really really hope you are right...
he has talent, he plays big, and works hard, and has a great team attitude. it will not surprise me in the least to see him start opposite of Champ by the middle of the season. at worst he is a really good Nickel corner
Old 04-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #12
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3 View Post
yea i saw Moreno's interview on both NFLN and ESPN...

very impressive to say the least...

i think he can be the best back in the AFC in 2yrs or less...
he is already the best starting back in the AFC West, without even taking a single meaningful snap.

LT is old and brittle
LJ is old and an a-hole
McFadden was grossly overrated
Sproles is a change of pace back
Old 04-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #13
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Anything we do to screw with SD is a win, taking Moreno did this.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #14
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Maroney hasnt really been uitilized well since he has been in NE. Last year the opportunity presented itself since Brady got injured but so was Maroney. And Faulk is way overhyped just because he is on NE. If you put Faulk on another team, he's no big deal. If Moreno is going to be drafted at 12 and play for Denver, he better be more than Maroney+Faulk. I also get tired of constant references to NE's offense. Id take our offenses from the 90s over anything NE has done in a heartbeat. Id rather have our next TD than Maroney+Faulk...thats what we need. Maroney + Faulk is a reference to a team that lost the SB because they had a pass happy OC. TD played for a team that won SBs because of a balanced team that had an epic running game. The only way for me to stomach the idea of McDaniels being coach is the idea that he is going to run the ball more. And I really hope its not all this running out of the shotgun **** where the run is set up by the Welker screen that they run 30 times a game. Barf.

It is not so much that Maroney is misutilized, it is more than he gets injured if someone gives him a withering stare and that he is just plain not that good.

I like Smith as a player, I do, but I just don't think he was a worth a first round pick, I think we will end up going into the draft next year and realizing that we could have gotten a better CB with that pick.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #15
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

does every player we bring in, draft, kill, take to dinner, etc. have to equal a NE player?

Jesus Christ
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:25 PM   #16
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I don't want an every down back ever, unless an every down back plays 60%-70% of the time.

Best case scenario with this first round is we get Moreno to get 1,200-1,400 yards with Hillis getting bout 600-800 yards.

Then Ayers can come in and start and be productive on the D-Line (not likely) and the new corner can have=impact that Darrent had his rookie year as a nickle then later turning into the starter as well as beating out Royal on punt/kick returns.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #17
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Not even close
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote