The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2009, 10:26 AM   #1
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default Bold Prediction Thread: NFL Draft 2009

Since a few of the sheep on this board have seen fit to drag out last year's threads and make fun of other posters (while, of course, offering no comments of their own to judge), I figured why not get it right out in the open? Let's create a thread where everybody can put their predictions in one thread and then next year the sheep don't have to dig so deep to get their little thrill. Of course, I expect the sheep to come in here and post their bold predictions as well, without using some mealy mouthed little cop out like, "I'll wait til I see them in camp," or some other chicken **** ploy. There is film on every one of these guys on Youtube. There are hundreds of draft profiles online. Don't be a gutless wimp. Make your bold prediction! What the hell is a football message board for?

Here, I'll start it out: I think the Broncos franchise will regret taking Big Al Smith over Maualuga for many moons to come. I believe that Smith will have a career similar to Deltha O'Neal's. He'll bounce around to a few teams, show some flashes, but never be the complete CB teams are looking for. Rey will be a playmaker and a game changer and a force in the NFL for many years to come. A whole bunch of teams in the NFL will be kicking themselves in the ass for passing on him. The loss of that first down pick will only add to the pain for the Broncos.

There ya go. Laugh now. Laugh later. Let's see what ya got.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 04-27-2009 at 11:06 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
chickennob2
Memphian in Boston

Glad to be back

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Bruton will make the Pro Bowl at some point in his career.

As the ST gunner
chickennob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Knowshon will make people love him. More out of necessity than anything else because we'll have to lean on him over Orton.

Ayers will play well as an OLB this season, but will take time before he's a viable option for DE on running downs.

Smith will be a GOOD corner, never great, and people will look at this pick the same way they do when we passed on Ed Reed over both Rey and Brace.

Bruton won't amount to anything. Bar none my least favorite pick. Big and fast but he's a woman on the inside.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

I predict this draft will make McD a fan favorite to rival Shanahan. I think we will have hit on most of the picks especially 1, 1, 2, 2. and the QB and WR
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Excellent thread idea. We need to make it easy for the sheep because...well they are sheep.

Moreno will win or be runner-up for OROY.

3 or more UDFA will make this team.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #6
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

I think that both Rashad Johnson and William Moore will be better pros than McBath.

I think that Alphonso Smith will be a good CB but nothing better than TBuck or Dre Bly. He will NOT warrant the first round pick we gave up for him though a 2nd round cap number will be just about right. He'll have better production than Foxworth if that counts for anything.

Robert Ayers will not be anything special. My most feared pick of the draft.

Knowshon Moreno will be a star on and off the field. I can't remember a draft pick that I like more than Moreno At this point he is one of my favorite picks of all time for the Broncos. FTR, I loved the Ashley Lelie pick too.

Richard Quinn is going to be a silent star that doesn't show up in the box scores but his downfield blocking will spring guys like Moreno, Marshall, and Royal for some huge plays. I hated the pick at first and still think we could've waited for him, but I can see already what he'll be used for. McD loves those quick screens bubble/smoke type screens. You get a TE that is out in space already and can block at a high level in the open field and you have a guy that will open up things for everyone else. Brandon Marshall is a very good blocker as well. Imagine BMarsh and Richard Quinn blocking on the quick inside screens for Eddie Royal or Knowshon Moreno!!! Silent and deadly!

David Burton will play well on STs but won't do much as a safety in this league.

McBath nothing more than a Nick Ferguson type that will struggle vs the run but have a few years of 3 or 4 INTs making him at least serviceable.

The draft pick in next year's draft that we're giving the Shehawks will be #12 at the worst!

The UDFAs will outshine the day two draftees.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #7
bombquixote
Ring of Famer

11-5 in 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Since a few of the sheep on this board have seen fit to drag out last year's threads and make fun of other posters (while, of course, offering no comments of their own to judge), I figured why not get it right out in the open? Let's create a thread where everybody can put their predictions in one thread and then next year the sheep don't have to dig so deep to get their little thrill. Of course, I expect the sheep to come in here and post their bold predictions as well, without using some mealy mouthed little cop out like, "I'll wait til I see them in camp," or some other chicken **** ploy. There is film on every one of these guys on Youtube. There are hundreds of draft profiles online. Don't be a gutless wimp. Make your bold prediction! What the hell is a football message board for?

Here, I'll start it out: I think the Broncos franchise will regret taking Big Al Smith over Maualuga for many moons to come. I believe that Smith will have a career similar to Deltha O'Neal's. He'll bounce around to a few teams, show some flashes, but never be the complete CB teams are looking for. Rey will be a playmaker and a game changer and a force in the NFL for many years to come. A whole bunch of teams in the NFL will be kicking themselves in the ass for passing on him. The loss of that first down pick will only add to the pain for the Broncos.

There ya go. Laugh now. Laugh later. Let's see what ya got.
I predict Rey will never be a starter in this league.
I predict Big Al will make the probowl his third year.
I predict the Broncos will double their takeaways this year from last year.
I predict they will still only go 8-8 in 2009.
I predict they will go 12-4 in 2010, win the division, and make it to the AFC championship game.
I predict Kinley (or whatever that receiver's name is) will be a stud.
bombquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #8
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

its funny that people that refuse to call this team ****ty until they se them on the field are "sheep" now.

good call guys, really genius of you. its actually smarter to make your predictions on whether the team will do good in APRIL rather then in SEPTEMBER.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #9
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line

Knowshon will look good and break 1,000 easily, but the Red zone woes will continue. At the end of the season Orakpo will end with more sacks than Moreno had TD's, and we will wonder if 2010 is the season we finally address the line.
BroncoInSkinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:45 AM   #10
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #11
prunch
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I predict everyone will be less tense in a month
prunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #12
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Rey Maualuga will get arrested in his first year in CIN and Finish off Marvin Lewis Career thankfully to CIN fans

Chris Wells gets injured in TC, drinks too much Grey goose, ostricizes his teammates, and gets cut before the first game. Wait, that's another overrated OSU RB. What's his name Again
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
its funny that people that refuse to call this team ****ty until they se them on the field are "sheep" now.

good call guys, really genius of you. its actually smarter to make your predictions on whether the team will do good in APRIL rather then in SEPTEMBER.
Baaa! Baaa! Baaa!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:52 AM   #14
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

The sky will fall and the world will end....
Most people on the Mane won't notice, as they will still be critiquing the
draft choices, and the hiring of McD, while still bemoaning the choice of
Bowlen to let Shanahan go.

Broncos will go 8-8 in 09, miss the playoffs by one game....however they will
actually finish the year stronger, surging from 4-7 after 11 games.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:52 AM   #15
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Rey Maualuga will get arrested in his first year in CIN and Finish off Marvin Lewis Career thankfully to CIN fans

Chris Wells gets injured in TC, drinks too much Grey goose, ostricizes his teammates, and gets cut before the first game. Wait, that's another overrated OSU RB. What's his name Again
Old 04-27-2009, 10:52 AM   #16
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Baaa! Baaa! Baaa!
ok you win. lets all make our predictions now, while they mean a whole lot.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:53 AM   #17
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
ok you win. lets all make our predictions now, while they mean a whole lot.
When do predictions EVER mean anything Just thought I would ask
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #18
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

That Rivers thinks the Broncos are still p***Y's
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #19
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

* Orton will have a better TD to INT ratio than Cutler.
* Eddie Royal will make the Pro Bowl, Marshall will not.
* Special Teams will have 4 TDs (returns, blocked punt).
* We will sweep the Chargers.
* We will have a better record than the Chiefs.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:58 AM   #20
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Knowshon will be huge in this new offense, as will Hillis. The two of them will be a great combo. This new offense will be efficient under Orton/Simms and will be better in the redzone than the Shanny/Cutler offense.

Broncos defense will be better simply because it can't be any worse. Nolan will provide coaching and they guys will know their assigments and if they execute properly, I see this team's defense ranked somewhere in the high teens. Third down efficiency and getting off the field on 3rd down will be much improved.

Overall, I see this team being around 8-8 again this coming season. If they gell towards the end of the year, and they are healthy, I can see them competing for the division.

But then again, I also guaranteed the Broncos would make the playoffs last year, and that they'd win one of the last 3 games to get to the playoffs.

Boy, was I wrong.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #21
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Moreno will have more than 1,500 total yards and more than 12 total touchdowns. Will be the offensive rookie of the year.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #22
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

The Broncos will be greatly improved on special teams.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #23
socalorado
Ring of Famer

I put this on another thread yesterday.

BOLDEST PREDICTION OF THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOM "BRADYSTARTER" BRANDSTATER will have a better pro career than
Mattew "dont call me matt" Stafford.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #24
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I'm also on the Moreno for OROY train.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #25
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Knowshon will be huge in this new offense, as will Hillis. The two of them will be a great combo. This new offense will be efficient under Orton/Simms and will be better in the redzone than the Shanny/Cutler offense.

Broncos defense will be better simply because it can't be any worse. Nolan will provide coaching and they guys will know their assigments and if they execute properly, I see this team's defense ranked somewhere in the high teens. Third down efficiency and getting off the field on 3rd down will be much improved.

Overall, I see this team being around 8-8 again this coming season. If they gell towards the end of the year, and they are healthy, I can see them competing for the division.

But then again, I also guaranteed the Broncos would make the playoffs last year, and that they'd win one of the last 3 games to get to the playoffs.

Boy, was I wrong.
You weren't that wrong - I don't think anybody saw SD winning and us dropping the last 3 weeks.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote