The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut
Default Caption This: Richard Quinn

BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Borks147
the dude abides...

And I thought I was going to be a 7th rounder!
Borks147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Oh ****. I really got drafted. And high, too. This even blew my agent away. ****ing awesome. Now I don't have to work at McDonalds or play in Canada.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 04-26-2009 at 06:13 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
TheDave
Sauced...

2 3rd rounders for my ass... Really?
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wow, "fans" are already hating me before I've even played a game. I wish I had been drafted by someone else since I don't want to be drug into this childish hating by some fans on the coach no matter what he does.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
uplink
Ring of Famer

Would have got an agent if I only knew I'd be drafted
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #7
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

"wow, those pictures of mcd being fisted by Cassel sure came in handy"
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #8
uplink
Ring of Famer

Mom always said those pictures would come in handy one day
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #9
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

"Holy **** I actually got drafted, so this is what it feels like for someone to think I have talent"
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:17 PM   #10
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblueblooded View Post
"wow, those pictures of mcd being fisted by Cassel sure came in handy"
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:22 PM   #11
Borks147
the dude abides...

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Wow, "fans" are already hating me before I've even played a game. I wish I had been drafted by someone else since I don't want to be drug into this childish hating by some fans on the coach no matter what he does.
. My take on the Quinn pick: there is no doubt it was a reach, but if McD thinks that this particular player will help the team in a unique way and he didn't think he could get him with one of our thirds, then so be it. I think this is the only way to stay sane....
Borks147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:42 PM   #12
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
2 3rd rounders for my ass... Really?
Incorrect.

We received a 2nd and a 4th rounder for two 3rds.

Not all that shocking
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:49 PM   #13
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Incorrect.

We received a 2nd and a 4th rounder for two 3rds.

Not all that shocking
Yeah but my version was funnier...

It was a reach popps... Hell the 1st and last pick's of the 2nd round spoiled a fairly good draft.

Though nothing compares to the 2010 1st for Smith... eh.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #14
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Yeah but my version was funnier...

It was a reach popps... Hell the 1st and last pick's of the 2nd round spoiled a fairly good draft.

Though nothing compares to the 2010 1st for Smith... eh.
Again, a good portion of this board, including myself hated the Eddie Royal pick. Not so much because of the player, but because of where we took him and other needs we had.

That's almost identical to the Smith situation this year.

As for Quinn, he's basically a third round pick. He's the best blocking TE in the draft and apparently came on as of late with regards to his hands.

Again, you need to re-read the article I posted on the Pat's championship game and how they went to a 3 TE set most of the game. They use it regularly.

This is a CRUCIAL position in our new offense. Spending a mid-round pick on a crucial position to select the best player at that position available is hardly a reach.

I'll guarantee you this. If this pick would have been a LB from a small school with good sack numbers, the board would have been drooling over the pick. Why? Because it's a more exciting pick. No one would be talking about it being a "reach." It would be thought of as a potential steal.

The Quinn pick just isn't sexy... but it's going to pay dividends if he lives up to his billing. These are the little differences between champions and mediocre teams.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #15
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Again, a good portion of this board, including myself hated the Eddie Royal pick. Not so much because of the player, but because of where we took him and other needs we had.

As for Quinn, he's basically a third round pick. He's the best blocking TE in the draft and apparently came on as of late with regards to his hands.

Again, you need to re-read the article I posted on the Pat's championship game and how they went to a 3 TE set most of the game. They use it regularly.

This is a CRUCIAL position in our new offense. Spending a mid-round pick on a crucial position to select the best player at that position available is hardly a reach.

I'll guarantee you this. If this pick would have been a LB from a small school with good sack numbers, the board would have been drooling over the pick. Why? Because it's a more exciting pick. No one would be talking about it being a "reach." It would be thought of as a potential steal.

The Quinn pick just isn't sexy... but it's going to pay dividends if he lives up to his billing. These are the little differences between champions and mediocre teams.
Listen we gave up a bit of value for Quinn... I'm not nearly as unhappy with the player as i am with the tactics. I'd bet my life a little patience would of allowed us to get quinnn and another player in the 3rd.

As for the Royal v. Smith comparison... What?

We traded a #10 - #15 pick in a draft expected to be loaded with talent for a #37 pick in a draft that was talked abou as being very weak. Again I'm not upset with the player just the tactic used to get him... and if this blows our chance to get a difference maker at QB or Dline next year McDaniels might have just cut his own throat. I don't understand how it has any similiarities to Royal.

Again I have nothing against the players chosen... Just the willingness to over pay for talent that easily could fall to you.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #16
Memento
SY2K

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Godwin Turk

"Catch number 13... my skull."
Memento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #17
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

Quote:

Sorry Popps, but Quinn is known as a blocking TE with 12 CAREER receptions. What exactly was he billed as that compares him to Eddie Royal or a LB with great numbers?
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote