The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Pat Bowlen
President/Chief Executive

Default Gentlemen, I implore you to remain calm

Look, I know this wasn't what you had planned, but I'm asking you to have a little faith. My weekend didn't go so well either; I lost four million dollars playing darts. The point is that Moreno is a known quantity and Robert is going to make everyone forget Jarvis. Alphonso is like an uncut stone waiting to sparkle and the rest of the people we drafted are going to be really, really good. I promise.

Josh, Brian and I watched extensive gametape of every player and I feel confident that we picked up some great kids. Take into consideration that I was seeing double the whole time and that's four good eyes on the player.

Long story short I just need you all to remain calm and keep rooting for the Broncos. The wins will come.
Pat Bowlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Finally the voice of reason.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Good enough for me!
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bowlen View Post
Look, I know this wasn't what you had planned, but I'm asking you to have a little faith. My weekend didn't go so well either; I lost four million dollars playing darts. The point is that Moreno is a known quantity and Robert is going to make everyone forget Jarvis. Alphonso is like an uncut stone waiting to sparkle and the rest of the people we drafted are going to be really, really good. I promise.

Josh, Brian and I watched extensive gametape of every player and I feel confident that we picked up some great kids. Take into consideration that I was seeing double the whole time and that's four good eyes on the player.

Long story short I just need you all to remain calm and keep rooting for the Broncos. The wins will come.
We all trust you Pat, thanks for the effort...sorry I got rid of my season tickets this year.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Great thread.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #7
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Great thread.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=80111
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #8
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Another great thread.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #9
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Thanks Pat, you want that shaken or stirred !
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #10
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Chris Mortensen's best pick of the draft....Jay Cutler.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:54 PM   #11
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'm going to wait and see how the season and these picks go before I declare this draft a disaster or a success. But I guess that makes me a kool-aid drinker!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:03 PM   #12
BABronco
RP2012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'm going to wait and see how the season and these picks go before I declare this draft a disaster or a success. But I guess that makes me a kool-aid drinker!
I only have 2 big problems with the draft. First was taking a RB so early. Sure it was a need .. but we have much bigger needs. And I absolutely hate that we wasted one of our #1's next year. I'm going to give the draft some time to pan out but I despise those two moves.
BABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:03 PM   #13
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:

So that's why you dealt next years 1st rounder.

You need some serious help Pat.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #14
Meck77

I have little doubt that some of these assumed to be Broncos fans around here are really chief, raider, or charger fans getting the best of some of you with their BS.

Kaylore and crew I hope to see you guys at training camp in the near future. Maybe we'll see some desire on the field instead of bunch of dancing and farting around at shannyland.

*reaches over for nacho and beer* *burp*

Go Broncos....

Last edited by Meck77; 04-26-2009 at 03:17 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #15
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Look, I know this wasn't what you had planned, but I'm asking you to have a little faith. .

You're doin a heck of a job, Brownie.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #16
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer

seriously 10 players taken and only 3 defensive players taken, are they on crack over at dove valley?
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #17
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

I'm really not sure what everyone expected out of a weak draft class.

No idea what our offensive scheme is going to look like, no idea what the defense is going to look like so....
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #18
Dexter
Pro Bowler

Bay Harbor Butcher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Posting in an epic thread.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #19
Paladin
Ring of Famer

I.m on. Maybe there is a trade or two out there that will net a D player? Maybe Holliday as a stopgap?

I think the O is gonna be better, and the D is gonna improve from better coaching and a couple of new people.

On the Jay Quiter mouth-off by Mortenson, Kipper said that that remark was disqualified. I believe it should be, too. The incident is over, move on......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #20
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

It's a little freaky. This thread almost seems..... real.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #21
Meck77

Pat have another drink! It will help your hangover!

How is the wife doing these days?
Old 04-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #22
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post

You're doin a heck of a job, Brownie.
HAHA--major REP--I cannot wait to see, two years from now when this MCD nightmare is over, all of these people who are justifying MCD's failures in the name of 'change', come back and look at some of their comments --They should just remember--Broncofan7 told you so.

1) YOU DON'T TRADE FRANCHISE QB'S ENTERING THEIR 3RD FULL SEASON AS A STARTER!!

2) YOU DON'T TRADE NEXT YEAR'S PROBABLE TOP 10 1ST ROUND DRAFT CHOICE FOR A 2ND ROUNDER IN THE CURRENT YEAR!!!!!!

I AM SURE THAT HE WILL FIND SOME OTHER WAY TO ADD TO HIS SOON TO BE WORSE THAN RICH KOTITE-LIKE LEGACY........

Last edited by broncofan7; 04-26-2009 at 03:45 PM..
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #23
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
HAHA--major REP--I cannot wait to see, two years from now when this MCD nightmare is over, all of these people who are justifying MCD's failures in the name of 'change', come back and look at some of their comments --They should just remember--Broncofan7 told you so.
I fully appreciate the right to an opinion but I have a question for a guy like you.

When you are watching Broncos football over the next couple years will you actually be rooting for McD and the Broncos to fail?

Better yet would you even bother coming to a Bronco game or do you just plan on waiting a few years until he might be gone.

Also what do you do if somewhere along the way the Broncos actually make the playoffs?

Just curious as I really just don't understand Broncos fans hoping to see individuals within the team to fail.

Oh and lastly how do you define failure? Does 1 playoff win in 10 years define success to you?
Old 04-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #24
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I fully appreciate the right to an opinion but I have a question for a guy like you.

When you are watching Broncos football over the next couple years will you actually be rooting for McD and the Broncos to fail?

Better yet would you even bother coming to a Bronco game or do you just plan on waiting a few years until he might be gone.

Also what do you do if somewhere along the way the Broncos actually make the playoffs?

Just curious as I really just don't understand Broncos fans hoping to see individuals within the team to fail.

Oh and lastly how do you define failure? Does 1 playoff win in 10 years define success to you?
Failure has been defined by my edited post. I wanted Spagnuolo in here...... a DEFENSIVE COACH to fix what was ailing us. Too bad eminent domain cannot be applied to some people's Orangemane accounts......stay in step with the rest of the orange-lensed swine.......I was one of the few who knew it was time for Shanny to be gone--go see Taco's Epic failure thread from not a few days before Shanny was axed.......now I am one of the few who see the complete incompetence that was brought in here......but you go ahead--come week 6 of this upcoming season, you can declare me YOUR online OM leader. DOLT.
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #25
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos-rock View Post
seriously 10 players taken and only 3 defensive players taken?
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote