The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Eagles Could Still Get Scheffler

Though the Broncos have claimed that tight end Tony Scheffler isn’t available via trade, Bob Brookover of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that the Eagles still might get him.

Per Brookover, the move could be made for an extra third-round pick that the Eagles picked up in next year’s draft via Sunday maneuverings.

On Saturday, the Broncos gave up their 2010 first-rounder to the Panthers Seahawks for a second-round pick that was used on cornerback Alphonso Smith. So they might be happy to get an extra third-round pick next season.

Denver reportedly was shopping Scheffler earlier this year.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...get-scheffler/

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...TO_GIANTS.html

Last edited by Bronco Rob; 04-26-2009 at 11:45 AM..
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Denver reportedly was shopping Scheffler earlier this year.
Funny that they are still claiming this as true.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think it's likely Scheffler will be traded at some point before camp. It appears McDaniels values toughness, including the TE spot and well, Scheffler can't stay on the field and doesn't block well either.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #4
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So, basically, Scheffler is worth half of what Quinn was worth? Are you kidding me?!!! No thanks. And sorry, but that third isnt enough to replace that first we lost. If Philly wants to give up a first, maybe.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I think it's likely Scheffler will be traded at some point before camp. It appears McDaniels values toughness
Anyone who paid attention to Scheffler's play last year simply cannot cite a lack of toughness with him. They must have forgotten him fighting through an obvious groin injury to make a couple clutch grabs in the Cleveland game.

Quote:
Scheffler can't stay on the field
He missed 3 games his rookie year, played all 16 in 2007 and missed 3 last year. There is nothing wrong with that considering the injuries that caused him to miss those games were serious and would have done the same to anybody.

Quote:
doesn't block well either.
Neither did Ben Watson, yet McDaniels still used him as a major part of their offense. Also, Scheffler is a decent blocker.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #6
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Your opinion of course, but mine says Scheffler doesn't block well enough for McDaniels' tastes and that's why they traded up for Quinn.

McDaniels used Watson as a major part of the offense? If you say so.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Your opinion of course, but mine says Scheffler doesn't block well enough for McDaniels' tastes and that's why they traded up for Quinn.

McDaniels used Watson as a major part of the offense? If you say so.
Prior to losing Graham they ran a lot of their passing game through Watson via the two TE set.

I'm of the opinion that Quinn is here to bolster the two and three TE sets (giving us a different look in two TE, not replacing Scheffler) and eventually take Graham's place as the primary blocking TE.

Scheffler will likely find himself getting fewer snaps, but what he'll see will almost entirely be as a receiver, basically like a really big WR. Thats what McDaniels always did with Watson, and got good production out of him. When we get in the red zone though we'll change over to a Quinn and Graham tandem to help us run with power and focus on the short passing game.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #8
TheManeMan
Ring of Famer

I think Drek hit the nail in the head. I don't believe Scheffler will be traded.
TheManeMan is offline   Reply With Quote