The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default David Bruton over Sammy Lee Hill...?

I'm just curious what the **** is going on...

Now I KNOW WE NEED SAFETY HELP! In fact that next to the D-Line has been our biggest issue.

However, who the **** have we drafted for the D-Line? NO ONE!

I'm actually kind of shocked.

Sammy Lee Hill is a bit raw yes, but he was a perfect fit to compete for NT in a draft without many possibilities at that position.

I bring this up because Hill was drafted literally right after Burton.

Oh and we just drafted a WR in the 5th lol. YAY for addressing our needs!
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
TheDave
Sauced...

We have to assume they think they have the talent they need along the Dline to run Nolans scheme...

Speaking of Nolan is he in the draft room?
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
We have to assume they think they have the talent they need along the Dline to run Nolans scheme...
Or they don't like the players available at NT in this draft. It is an extremely weak draft for NT.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
I'm just curious what the **** is going on...

Now I KNOW WE NEED SAFETY HELP! In fact that next to the D-Line has been our biggest issue.

However, who the **** have we drafted for the D-Line? NO ONE!

I'm actually kind of shocked.

Sammy Lee Hill is a bit raw yes, but he was a perfect fit to compete for NT in a draft without many possibilities at that position.

I bring this up because Hill was drafted literally right after Burton.

Oh and we just drafted a WR in the 5th lol. YAY for addressing our needs!

Terrance Taylor was also picked a couple spots after we picked Olsen i think.

either Nolan thinks no DL in the draft is worth a damn or they are just throwing **** at a wall and seeing what sticks. i mean damn we had almost 50million spent towards the secondary in FA, and we still had to go out and use 3 picks on the secondary and nothing on the front 7.

this is becoming a mockery. i was fine with SMith and McBath, because i thought DL was on the way, but wtf is going on?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Last year there was a healthy discussion about what was happening with the 10 yard cushions the CBs were playing with. It was pointed out that they were pushing the CBs back to protect the Ss. This was kind of backwards thinking because it was undermining our pass rush. But maybe this focus on Ss, implies that there will be a higher degree of aggressiveness on in terms of scheming pass pressure. Im still convince Slowiks approach was backwards thinking but if getting better safeties (at the expence of the DLine) will lead to a better, more aggressive front 7, Im ok with it.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Um, maybe they didn't take Hill BECAUSE THEY DON'T THINK MUCH OF HIM! What a concept.

Why do people assume that since they don't draft some project DL, which at this stage of the draft is what you're getting, that they won't do anything about the position this summer?

There are and will be free agents at the DL spot, so if people get away from the hysteria and start thinking a bit, you might be able to calm down.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:33 AM   #7
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Or they don't like the players available at NT in this draft. It is an extremely weak draft for NT.
I'm talking DE and NT... IMO we didn't have anyone at those positions that could not be upgraded.

Obviously they disagree...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:37 AM   #8
Drek
Ring of Famer

Hill ended up going to a 4-3 team, FYI.

And I've been an advocate on Hill for a while, but he's not worth a 4th round pick. He's way too much of a project. David Bruton is much more likely to be a legitimate pro than Hill, and he can contribute much sooner.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #9
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'm talking DE and NT... IMO we didn't have anyone at those positions that could not be upgraded.

Obviously they disagree...
In theory, sure, you'd think you could find upgrades over what we've got at DE and NT. But in this class, who would that be?

3-4 teams as a whole crave DLs. But much of this draft we've seen 3-4 teams outright avoid DLs who are supposed to be a fit.

Its just that bad of a DL. If the Broncos had just shoehorned picks into the DL everyone would be b****ing in a few years about the big DL bust draft of '09.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #10
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

You guys are good!
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:46 AM   #11
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

And let's look at reality. The Broncos have Fields at NT and guess what? He was also like a 4-5th round pick when he was drafted, so why are people assuming any of these guys drafted in this draft are going to be any better than Fields?
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #12
Never Trust a Snake
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

KING COBRA (Weis) told GARDEN SNAKE (McDaniels) to draft his HN. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Never Trust a Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #13
Lycan
Omelette Dreamer

FS: McBath?
SS: Bruton?

I know Bruton certainly has the size to play SS but is he enough of a run-defender? I know his combine numbers and other stuff but does anyone know more about how this guy plays?
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #14
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:

Speaking of Nolan is he in the draft room?
or they don't have a fuggin clue what they are doing
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:19 PM   #15
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Come on man...don't you know questioning the boy genius will engender a response related to you being merely a hapless moronic fan and he and his are professionals who know far more than you can ever hope to in a thousand lifetimes?

Some people are to intellectually dim to grasp the concept that the pool of aviailable talent options has been evaluated not by one team but 32 different organizations. Hence any alternative selection one can specify as superior to the one chosen by the team has it's own set of professionals committed to it. Thus "they know what they're doing" is invalid as an insurmountable argument since it by nature eliminates the validity of opposing but equally informed viewpoints. Other teams are smart too. Admitting such however will get you branded as disloyal and not a "true fan". Live with it.

Hill would have been my pick too. This D won't function without a nose tackle, and clearly reaching for talent didn't seem to be an issue so why they failed to take him, like most other things with this organization now, is a mystery. I doubt Bruton contributes anything they don't already have. Just my .02...

Last edited by footstepsfrom#27; 04-26-2009 at 12:22 PM..
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote