The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Knowshons defining run

I watch a lot of SEC as Im a Florida Gator fan. The best run Ive ever seen from Knowshon Moreno that demonstrates what he's about as a runner was the one he had against South Carolina, which was only a 3 or 4 yard touchdown but it shows strength, balance, cutting ability, and the ability to get skinny all on one play. I couldnt find that one play but its at the 24 second mark in this video.

http://uga.fandome.com/video/104082/...Carolina-14-7/
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I don't know about a "defining moment," but i'm pretty pumped about having a playmaker in the backfield again. We need points.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I don't know about a "defining moment," but i'm pretty pumped about having a playmaker in the backfield again. We need points.
I said defining run. Get it right. Im just trying to convince myself to like this pick.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
I said defining run. Get it right. Im just trying to convince myself to like this pick.
I love it Lex. Let me write this down d.e.f.i.n.i.n.g.. Ok, got it...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:06 PM   #5
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Knowshon Moreno = Thurman Thomas...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #6
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

wtf kind of name is Knowshon? seriously? who in the world comes up with dumb names like this for their kids. the nurse at the hospital should have just written in George or David or Jose or whatever and spared this kid a lifetime of hassle. and now we as Broncos fans have to get used of calling somebody Knowshon...? well, i'm not going to do it. his name as far as i'm concerned is Bruce, to avoid any confusion. Bruce Moreno. there's my old man rant of the day.

Bruce Moreno. RB, Georgia.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:04 PM   #7
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
wtf kind of name is Knowshon? seriously? who in the world comes up with dumb names like this for their kids. the nurse at the hospital should have just written in George or David or Jose or whatever and spared this kid a lifetime of hassle. and now we as Broncos fans have to get used of calling somebody Knowshon...? well, i'm not going to do it. his name as far as i'm concerned is Bruce, to avoid any confusion. Bruce Moreno. there's my old man rant of the day.

Quote:
Destiny might have played a part in Moreno gaining a reputation as a smart running back. He explained to reporters about the origin of his unique first name.

His dad's nickname is "Knowledge."

"My mom's name is Varashon," Moreno said. "So Knowshon is a combination of both."
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #8
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcver2ver3 View Post
Knowshon Moreno = Thurman Thomas...
Pre draft I was saying a 'bigger Brian Westbrook'--but I like your analogy better--those Bronco fans who are upset now will be very happy during the season with our initial pick in this draft--I give MCD two thumbs up for this choice---Imagine a backfield of Cutler...oh wait.......nevermind.....
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #9
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I have to say, Bruce Moreno sounds like a bad ass mother ****er.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:54 PM   #10
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

What's in a name? A rose by any name would smell just as sweet...

Who cares what his name is as long as he can ball?

I'd sign a quarterback named Girlie McFag to be the face of the franchise if he takes us to the Super Bowl.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:56 PM   #11
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

. I like it. Wasnt there a movie called "They Call Me Bruce"?
Old 04-26-2009, 03:07 PM   #12
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

16. Knowshon Moreno, HB, Georgia
The NFL has a split opinion on the top two backs in this draft. Half the teams put Moreno as the No. 1 back on the board, the other half prefers Beanie Wells of Ohio State. The teams that like Wells love the home-run threat he brings to the table. He scored six career touchdowns on runs longer than 50 yards. The teams that like Moreno love the completeness of his game. He averaged 5.5 yards per career rush, caught 53 passes and will smack pass rushers in the mouth in pass protection. The one knock is his speed – 4.50 in the 40. Several NFL talent evaluators compare him to Emmitt Smith, who also had suspect speed.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #13
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
. I like it. Wasnt there a movie called "They Call Me Bruce"?

Look at my face iam a oriental.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #14
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

The interview with Moreno on NFL Network (Day 2) was CLUTCH! I went from feeling disillusioned about the pick, to becoming a big fan of the guy!

The Knowshon came across as well rounded, smart, and humble. A lot better than many the other MILLIONAIRE$ that were made in Saturday's draft!

Yeah the name thing is kinda corny, but atleast it MEANS something, unlike some DUMB-ASS who would call his kid "Bruce" just so he could be like all the other kids called Bruce, Bryce, Brandon and Bubba.
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:18 PM   #15
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBroncos DownUnder View Post
The interview with Moreno on NFL Network (Day 2) was CLUTCH! I went from feeling disillusioned about the pick, to becoming a big fan of the guy!

The Knowshon came across as well rounded, smart, and humble. A lot better than many the other MILLIONAIRE$ that were made in Saturday's draft!

Yeah the name thing is kinda corny, but atleast it MEANS something, unlike some DUMB-ASS who would call his kid "Bruce" just so he could be like all the other kids called Bruce, Bryce, Brandon and Bubba.
I was impressed by that Tackle the Ravens took at 29 - hella humble. He said something like "I could have been drafted in the seventh, it just matters that I'm here, and I'm going to have to prove myself over the next 10 years."

You're absolutely right though, I think Moreno has just the right attitude.

If my then-wife wants to go along, if I have a son I want to name him either 'Chadwick' or 'Thaddeus', and for girls I like Adelaide'.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #16
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf View Post
I was impressed by that Tackle the Ravens took at 29 - hella humble. He said something like "I could have been drafted in the seventh, it just matters that I'm here, and I'm going to have to prove myself over the next 10 years."
Yeah, Michael_Oher sure is one HELL of a story!
"Oher's father, murdered while Oher was a junior in high school, was not involved in his upbringing. His mother was addicted to crack cocaine. ... He repeated both first grade and second grade, and attended eleven different schools during his first nine years as a student. He also alternated between time spent in various foster homes and periods with no fixed address until he was sixteen years old."
Old 04-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #17
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

Quote:
I watch a lot of SEC as Im a Florida Gator fan. The best run Ive ever seen from Knowshon Moreno that demonstrates what he's about as a runner was the one he had against South Carolina, which was only a 3 or 4 yard touchdown but it shows strength, balance, cutting ability, and the ability to get skinny all on one play. I couldnt find that one play but its at the 24 second mark in this video.

http://uga.fandome.com/video/104082/...Carolina-14-7/
The run is great no question. But,

How about the block Moreno puts on a defender trailing Stafford on the first play!? That is the kind of guy I want on my team...
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:27 PM   #18
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
The run is great no question. But,

How about the block Moreno puts on a defender trailing Stafford on the first play!? That is the kind of guy I want on my team...
**** the block. I want a guy who can run the ball as a RB first and foremost. Too much emphasis is put on blocking and catching the ball. A RBs primary job is to run the football.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #19
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

His press conference is on denverbroncos.com now. I love how humble he is, and he has the right attitude to succeed. I am excited.
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #20
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
**** the block. I want a guy who can run the ball as a RB first and foremost. Too much emphasis is put on blocking and catching the ball. A RBs primary job is to run the football.

You're missing a very important point son.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #21
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Quote:
That's a tough thing to find, ... so, you want ANY or ALL of the RB's from the 6th and 7th rounds of the draft??
Old 04-26-2009, 03:42 PM   #22
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
That's a tough thing to find, ... so, you want ANY or ALL of the RB's from the 6th and 7th rounds of the draft??

He don't remember howard griffiths contributions obviously.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #23
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

Quote:
what a joke.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #24
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
You're missing a very important point son.
Not really but go ahead and keep flailing away, old man.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #25
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No. I want a first round running back that can run the ball like a first round talent. Thats a running backs primary job. The ability to run the ball should not be sacrificed for the sake of catching passes and blocking.