The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Smith vs. Raji

If we were willing to sacrifice one of our first rounders next year for a CB (which we need but not as bad as a NT) why weren't we willing to toss it for a deal to move up 4 spots to get Raji? This whole draft stinks for me because even though we picked up some quality players, we've AGAIN ignored the MAJOR problem and most glaring need w/ this team which is the DL. This has been our achilles heel for 4 years now and the new regime seems content to go around this issue just like Shanahan did. Playoff games are won by great defenses and great defenses are anchored by great defensive lines. And don't even get me started on Quinn!

Last edited by broncobum6162; 04-26-2009 at 12:06 PM..
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
521 1N5
Perennial Pro-bowler

-
521 1N5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

There are several teams in the top 10 that needed a big DT, and they passed on Raji - Why?

We'll see what kind of pro he becomes - if he can truly play 3-4 NT (which he has never played before), whether he looks great without another 330lb DT next to him, and if he is done with his off field issues. Time will tell.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #4
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Foneco?
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
KS Bronco
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steven Johnson

ive come to accept that our coaching staff and front office know what they are doing since they analyzed these players for 100 hours a week the past few months, and we, as fans, hear 'draft experts' throw out a few names and automatically fall in love with a player, should just watch the games and not think we are coaches.
KS Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #6
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Bronco View Post
ive come to accept that our coaching staff and front office know what they are doing since they analyzed these players for 100 hours a week the past few months, and we, as fans, hear 'draft experts' throw out a few names and automatically fall in love with a player, should just watch the games and not think we are coaches.
qft.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:34 AM   #7
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Do you not agree that we need a major infusion of talent on the DL? Name one major improvement we've done to fix the DL.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #8
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

We'll see. It will take awhile. DT's take several years to develop, so even if we drafted him we wouldn't see real results until 2011 if that. For perspective, Albert Haynesworth was taken in the top 15 and took four years to show up. Mike Patterson was taken in '05 and didn't really start showing up until later in '07.

These picks will all take time.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #9
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:39 AM   #10
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobum6162 View Post
Do you not agree that we need a major infusion of talent on the DL? Name one major improvement we've done to fix the DL.
mike nolan is a defensive genius, if he thinks he can "make do" for a year with the people we have and take the BPA to help other parts of the team, ill agree with him. we DO need dline help, but this may not be the year that we do it, or it could be another 2007 with us reaching for dline help when they suck.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:40 AM   #11
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
We'll see. It will take awhile. DT's take several years to develop, so even if we drafted him we wouldn't see real results until 2011 if that. For perspective, Albert Haynesworth was taken in the top 15 and took four years to show up. Mike Patterson was taken in '05 and didn't really start showing up until later in '07.

These picks will all take time.
That's great, Kaylore, but now we are another year behind by your logic.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #12
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

ragi is overrated. In fact there isn't an NT in this draft that excites me more than fields...I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

I will say this, as a mcd hater, it is hard for me to say this, but all player's drafted so far are all good players, they all fit perfectly in our system, they are good hard worker's and quality character guys.

My only beef with this draft is the expense of these picks. But four good players is better than four good picks.

Mcd is slowly winning me over.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #13
KS Bronco
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steven Johnson

Quote:
just saying possibly our new coaches can get more out of some players we have and that we still have day two to get defense.
KS Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #14
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

I think Foneco ruined it for the rest of these.... this one is good though.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #15
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
mike nolan is a defensive genius, if he thinks he can "make do" for a year with the people we have and take the BPA to help other parts of the team, ill agree with him. we DO need dline help, but this may not be the year that we do it, or it could be another 2007 with us reaching for dline help when they suck.
Well, let's hope he's the genius because we are gonna need it!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #16
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
Slow down there.....9er fans would definitely disagree with you on that one
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:51 AM   #17
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Well, let's hope he's the genius because we are gonna need it!
thats the plan

regardless, if nothing else i expect this team to give effort we havent seen in a long time. everyone will play harder, and i dont imagine we will be one of the worst defenses in the league again. if we are #20 we are doing damn good.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:53 AM   #18
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeandblueblooded View Post
ragi is overrated. In fact there isn't an NT in this draft that excites me more than fields...I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

I will say this, as a mcd hater, it is hard for me to say this, but all player's drafted so far are all good players, they all fit perfectly in our system, they are good hard worker's and quality character guys.

My only beef with this draft is the expense of these picks. But four good players is better than four good picks.

Mcd is slowly winning me over.
Maybe so but my point is this. Is he any more overrated than Smith? Between the 2 for what it cost us I'd rather have Raji. My major b@#$%ch about this is that we blew one of our firsts next year for a player this year in a draft that is considered weak. Can't stand Belecheat but gotta give him props for the way he's loading up for next year.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #19
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
!
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:57 AM   #20
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
You don't need to be a Mensa candidate to know this team's ignored defensive needs for years and the results speak for themselves. If you think "being a coach" qualifes these guys as sports geniuses, think again. Your awe of their cognitive powers is misplaced. Anyone choosing this career could achieve similar knowlege simply by spending time at it. If coaches were smarter they'd be brain surgeons, not guys picking football players.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #21
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Maybe so but my point is this. Is he any more overrated than Smith? Between the 2 for what it cost us I'd rather have Raji. My major b@#$%ch about this is that we blew one of our firsts next year for a player this year in a draft that is considered weak. Can't stand Belecheat but gotta give him props for the way he's loading up for next year.
the thing is it doesnt matter if you classify this whole draft as weak, we took a single player from the draft who has teh character, work ethic and skills to be a player on this team NOW. he has teh skills of a first round CB by far, however his height was considered a problem, if nolan thinks it wont be i trust him.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #22
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Ragi, Ragi...Ragi?!

His name is Raji. You ****ing Madden playing, weekend fantasy football, beer drinking NFL coach...

I love how Mcdaniels has brought out the trolls of the orangemane and allowed them to add a few post counts to their name...
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #23
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

this has Foneco written all over it...
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #24
manchambo
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Then get the **** off this board. If no one should discuss what the team does, and everyone should just shut up and watch the game, wtf are you doing here? Why would we even have such a forum?

Comments like these drive me right out of my mind. It's just a way of saying you don't agree with a point someone else has made, don't have a substantive way of responding, and will therefore make some borderline-retarded moralistic comment about trusting the coaches, being a true fan, not being a whiner, or something similarly inane.

The OP also is borderline-retarded, btw, because it fails to recognize that getting Raji would have cost two picks, our number 12 and whatever we had to trade to move up, while Smith was acquired straight up for the pick. The proper comparison, in other words, is Smith and Moreno vs. Raji if you assume, as the OP does, that next year's first would have been the price to move up and get Raji.

Now look what you snivelling fuqtards have made me do. I actually just said something in defense of McStupid. You people are going to make me have a stroke.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:25 AM   #25
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
Then get the **** off this board. If no one should discuss what the team does, and everyone should just shut up and watch the game, wtf are you doing here? Why would we even have such a forum?

Comments like these drive me right out of my mind. It's just a way of saying you don't agree with a point someone else has made, don't have a substantive way of responding, and will therefore make some borderline-retarded moralistic comment about trusting the coaches, being a true fan, not being a whiner, or something similarly inane.
discussion is one thing, condemning the team constantly when we havent seen a damn thing from them is completely different. the smart fans are willing to give teh team and players a chance, the idiot fans like apparently the majority of this board are saying the season is over, all the picks suck, mcdoofus sucks etc etc etc

see the difference? if someone is a bust, most of us will call it as it is. none of the players we have picked are busts (yet), and the players you people who think we HAVE to pick them or the draft was a waste are NOT stars (yet)